Post Great Video Game Music

savagegrace26

But this is my favorite. It sets the mood/tone of the game with mystery, and then moves into classic adventure music. I can't hear this without thinking back to this game and all the wonderful nostalgia associated with it. The symphonic versions of the themes over the years is spectacular, as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyMKWJ5e1kg

I thought this one was a no brainer so I didn't post it but yeah. The game is such a classic. I still run through it on the emulator now and again when I am bored. Everything about it was good. Perfect even.
  • Like 2

But this is my favorite. It sets the mood/tone of the game with mystery, and then moves into classic adventure music. I can't hear this without thinking back to this game and all the wonderful nostalgia associated with it. The symphonic versions of the themes over the years is spectacular, as well.

I thought this one was a no brainer so I didn't post it but yeah. The game is such a classic. I still run through it on the emulator now and again when I am bored. Everything about it was good. Perfect even.

I go back to this game once in a while myself on a portable when I want to play something but don't want to start a new game. It was an amazing game for so many reasons, but one was that it really required you to explore and experiment. I put so many hours in Hyrule that I remember all of the secrets now and can blast through the game quite quickly, but it took a lot of trial and error to get to that point.

Do you still play the second quest? I'll do that once in a while, too. I don't remember all the secrets there, so I find that it still holds some of the original magic for me as I try to figure out where that darned next dungeon is.

• Like 2

I go back to this game once in a while myself on a portable when I want to play something but don't want to start a new game. It was an amazing game for so many reasons, but one was that it really required you to explore and experiment. I put so many hours in Hyrule that I remember all of the secrets now and can blast through the game quite quickly, but it took a lot of trial and error to get to that point.

Do you still play the second quest? I'll do that once in a while, too. I don't remember all the secrets there, so I find that it still holds some of the original magic for me as I try to figure out where that darned next dungeon is.

I don't usually play through the second quest but I did a couple times way back in the day.

Did you have a three ring binder full of hand drawn maps and notes like I did? It was different back then because you couldn't get on the internet and get cheats or a walk through. You had to figure that shit out.

I remember running around my basement screaming with joy the first time I beat Gannon. Good times!!

• Like 2