The BRAND NEW RUSH FAN's decision....

NewRUSHfan

You know that feeling when you fall in love and you're high on cloud 9? Well,... is it normal to feel that way about RUSH? I just can not get over this band. For those of you who didn't read my post about where to start (CD's, DVD's), I got SO MUCH feedback and I am so overwhelmed (in the best way possible) but I have narrowed it down to this- Since my love affair started with "Moving Pictures: Live in Cleveland 2011" I figure I will buy the Moving Pictures album. But I also want to buy a live DVD. They are AMAZING live. I've never gone to a concert of theirs but I can honestly agree with people that they are THEE BEST live band. I've seen Pink Floyd at Giants Stadium, and it was amazing. But I think RUSH would be better. The lights,....the props,...the humor,...their skills. I can go on and on. But what would be the best live DVD to buy? What is as good, or better than Live in Cleveland? Thank you in advance!

p.s......I am watching RUSH: Live in Cleveland for the 8th time

• Like 4

What is as good, or better than Live in Cleveland?

Like, all of the other ones.

I'd recommend the Replay X 3 set. You'll get the ESL, GUP Tour, and ASOH videos all in one package.

Another vote for Replay X 3 set. Three fantastic tour videos in one box!!!
  • Like 5

I'd suggest getting Replay X3 as well. You get to see some great older performances.

As far as the recent live releases, Rush In Rio is definitely the most exciting of the bunch. Sound quality issues aren't much of an issue when the show itself is so good.

• Like 1

Rush in Rio may not be the best techincally, but it's the best emotionally.

Agreed, and the documentary is one of the best.

Soup, soup, soup!!!!!

"Where are my stage shoes???" :LOL:

Seriously though. Rush In Rio was my reintroduction to them and, to tell you the truth, that documentary endeared them to my heart. I remember coming back here and asking if that is what they are really like.

Be warned, the R30 DVD is only an abbreviated version of the Frankfurt show. You will only get the whole concert on the BluRay release.

As much as I love the Clockwork Angels album, Geddy's voice is not good on the tour DVD (plus the very fast OCD-like cuts are not easy to watch). Save that one once you realize you neeeed to own everything regardless of vocal quality :D
  • Like 2

As much as I love the Clockwork Angels album, Geddy's voice is not good on the tour DVD (plus the very fast OCD-like cuts are not easy to watch). Save that one once you realize you neeeed to own everything regardless of vocal quality :D

Rewatch A Show of Hands...OCD cuts are nothing new with Rush concert videos...I think ASOH may be the worst offender...doesn't bother me so much because I'm part of the "ADHD" generation...

can we pick out a few t-shirts for you to order? you gotta own at least 10 before you're considered a true fan

I think Presto should be the first one.....
  • Like 1

There's a documentary on Rush In Rio? I own two copies and neither have it.

Edit: Wikipedia says there is a two disc version of Rush In Rio, that includes this documentary. Now I need to find another DVD. Or wait for my R40 set to come.

Edit 2: After some searching of the interwebs I have failed to find video of this anywhere. Can somebody please upload it to youtube?

Edited by Cygnus 2112

"The Boys in Brazil". Used to be on YouTube, but has been deleted.

Here's some of it.... http://www.dailymoti...n-brazil-2_tech

It's quite moving what the fans have to say. (@11:16, in particular)

(Hey Narp, check the use of Scars in this clip! :dweez: )

@6:30: Shoes in the van!

Edited by goose

"The Boys in Brazil". Used to be on YouTube, but has been deleted.

Here's some of it.... http://www.dailymoti...n-brazil-2_tech

It's quite moving what the fans have to say.

(Hey Narp, check the use of Scars in this clip! :dweez: )

@6:30: Shoes in the van!

Thanks, I found part 1 from your link. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xou5zr_stagehand-tv-rush-the-boys-in-brazil-1_tech

• Like 1

Be warned, the R30 DVD is only an abbreviated version of the Frankfurt show. You will only get the whole concert on the BluRay release.

Yeah, what's up with that?

I'd have to agree and recommend that you get the Replay box. The the timeframe of the shows are limited, each one has a great performance of songs from their middle period, as well as a few classics.

Why not wait and get the R40 box? I mean, of course, waiting is the hardest part, but still, you can kill all the birds with one stone