Huh huh

neilpeart_gal

QUOTE (neilpeart_gal @ Oct 1 2004, 09:17 AM)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/neilpeart_gal/Other/Rushplate_altered.jpg

biggrin.gif 2.gif

Sweet!!!!

I wanna do something like that on my wife's car next time. Can't do it on mine cause it is company car sad.gif

I really would love a personalized tag, too...

I might be able to get plain old "RUSH"---I'm probably the only Rush fan in Alabama, so there would be no competition. icon_really_happy_guy.gif

I thought about "GHSTGRL"...but the only people who would even know what that means are on this board!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/neilpeart_gal/Other/Rushplate_altered.jpg

biggrin.gif 2.gif

NPG That TOTALLY ROCKS! Firstly I'm jealous of the Tennessee Plate in general, but that it says 2112YYZ just puts my little green monster right bncegrn.gif over the top! LOL

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Oct 1 2004, 10:04 AM)
I really would love a personalized tag, too...

I might be able to get plain old "RUSH"---I'm probably the only Rush fan in Alabama, so there would be no competition. icon_really_happy_guy.gif

I thought about "GHSTGRL"...but the only people who would even know what that means are on this board!

So? You want everyone to know? If you get "RUSH", you'll get accosted by all Rush fans, and you KNOW how geeky WE are!! Yuck! 062802puke_prv.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (neilpeart_gal @ Oct 1 2004, 10:47 AM)
Thanks, Maiden! Why, do you want to move here??

Come on down, girly!!! smile.gif

Been a country singeh all my life, NPG smile.gif Always been a dream of mine to make it big in Nashville smile.gif But, then Shania Twain showed her face on Music Row and ruined country music for the real country fans laugh.gif But that's just my opinion, don't anyone hold it against me rofl3.gif

QUOTE (neilpeart_gal @ Oct 1 2004, 11:34 AM)
Honestly, I feel the same way about Shania. She sold/whored her country soul to pop.

If you ever want to visit Nashvegas (or maybe you have), let me know. We'll have a few brews and hang out. smile.gif

laugh.gif Yey! I'm so happy to find someone else who feels the same way 'bout that lil biznitch rofl3.gif I totally will, NPG! You will be the first person I call when I get down there smile.gif We'll have to hit the Bluebird, too, tho, cause I heard my ex hangs around there all the time (he's a total loosah)....hehehe, we can go have some fun (insert evil grin icon here) icon_really_happy_guy.gif

I have a friend who 'knows people' and gets pretty good seats at the Bluebird sometimes. I could have her hook us up. Kind of sad to say I've never been there and I've lived here nearly 20 years!!

Hey if Shania wants to be a pop princess, fine, but stop marketing yourself as crossover. There is nothing remotely country about her anymore.

QUOTE (neilpeart_gal @ Oct 1 2004, 12:02 PM)
I have a friend who 'knows people' and gets pretty good seats at the Bluebird sometimes. I could have her hook us up. Kind of sad to say I've never been there and I've lived here nearly 20 years!!

Hey if Shania wants to be a pop princess, fine, but stop marketing yourself as crossover. There is nothing remotely country about her anymore.

Nice! That would be sweet! Okay (lakeside is mentally counting her savings) I need to save more money....but I think I will need to come down and visit you soon!!

I totally agree with you, hon! It royally pisses me off that she is further dragging the decent name of country music through the mud. Honestly, Hank and Patsy must be rolling over in their graves...and shoving dirt in their ears! sad.gif In my own opinion (I'm just waiting for someone to say, now tell us how you really feel lol laugh.gif ), she had the ability to be big in the pop industry, she had the producer to get her there (I mean, hello, Mutt Lange is her husband!), why did she feel the need to get into country in the first place??!

QUOTE (neilpeart_gal @ Oct 1 2004, 12:13 PM)
My door is always open, just let me know!

Honestly I think it was the music environment at the time, not many pop princesses out, easier to break in country at that time. SIGH

I will totally smile.gif Don't be surprised if RoR is with me smile.gif My sis is always up for a road trip with me smile.gif

It really makes me sad, that artists like Martina McBride and Faith Hill (who both started out sounding very country) have gone by the wayside now and have started down that evil pop princess way because that is the only sound that Nashville wants now simply because record labels know of only one thing: they know how much money it brings in, and they want more of it. When Alan Jackson and George Strait released Murder on Music Row, I almost started crying because its the da*n truth. I grew up in the Urban Cowboy days, listening to stuff like All My Ex's Live in Texas and Honey Won't You Open That Door (Ricky Scaggs)....now all I hear is music that cant get by without a synth (and while thats all fine and great for the rock, pop or prog rock genres, it really has no place in the country scene)...what happened to a real fiddle, and a steel guitar??? You couldnt take one step in the 80's country scene without tripping over one or the other or both! Now you barely hear either. Listen to Brad Paisley's Too Country...that's another deep song about how country's gone by the wayside....

Okay, my ranting is done lol laugh.gif and this is from a YANKEE lol I've lived up in MA my whole life but I've always loved my country music wub.gif

QUOTE (Rivendell @ Oct 1 2004, 12:44 PM)
QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Oct 1 2004, 10:25 AM)
We don't have personalised plates in Ireland -

Amy chance of Rush calling the next album 93 DL 504?????

biggrin.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

My sentiments exactly Rivendell!!! laugh.gif Madra, you crack me up!!!

That is so totally cool NPG!!! How lucky you are, My dream tho is to have a mini cooper with the plates of minimi.... 653.gif

biggrin.gif  2.gif

That's a cool looking license plate neilpeart_gal.

I am thinking about getting a Rush-related license plate,

but I see some good ones are already taken

.................||

.................\/

http://www.nmsmirror.com/GIF/plates/anthem_pa.jpg

http://www.nmsmirror.com/GIF/plates/1001001_pa.jpg

http://www.nmsmirror.com/GIF/plates/panacea_pa.jpg

If you gals get together in Nashville, COUNT me in! I'm only a few short hours away!

Let's do it! applaudit.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Oct 1 2004, 05:06 PM)
If you gals get together in Nashville, COUNT me in! I'm only a few short hours away!

Let's do it! applaudit.gif

Whoo-Hoooo!! Hells yeah! It's gonna be a hot time in the ol' town that night! hehehe

Archived