Am I the only one who likes High Water?

savagegrace26

I've always liked HW from my first listen when HYF was released. I like the song's structure, how it builds as it goes on. It's one of those Rush songs that has randomly popped into my head in the normal course of a day. Edited by dtpoet

Though to be fair, I will put the song on and give it another try. Just for you, savagegrace26

How'd that work out for you? :popcorn:

He was so astonished and amazed that he fainted dead away.

• Like 3

Though to be fair, I will put the song on and give it another try. Just for you, savagegrace26

Amazed that a Rush song could possibly be that bad...?

• Like 1

To be fair 8 out of 10 ain't bad.... ;)

To be fair 8 out of 10 ain't bad.... ;)

Even when the other 2 are zeroes...

Take my comment anyway you would like. It was intended to be deliberately obtuse. :)

Take my comment anyway you would like. It was intended to be deliberately obtuse. :)

Obtuse!!!! :rage:

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110301033259/shawshank/images/b/bd/Welcome_To_Shawshank.jpg

• Like 2

So wait - if I'm reading these correctly, there are more than one of you who think all songs on HYF are good except the last two? I don't get that. What's so different about Second Nature compared to High Water? Don't get me wrong, I love both. I'm just curious as to why some of you feel SN is good but HW isn't.

So wait - if I'm reading these correctly, there are more than one of you who think all songs on HYF are good except the last two? I don't get that. What's so different about Second Nature compared to High Water? Don't get me wrong, I love both. I'm just curious as to why some of you feel SN is good but HW isn't.

Answer:

HW is more complex than SN

I honestly couldn't tell you. I just like the first 8 and not the last 2.... :huh:
  • Like 2

Maybe there is something wrong with me. I am going to listen to it again. Tonight....

Just tried it again. Nothing bad and nothing really good.... :huh: Just my opinion
  • Like 2

Maybe there is something wrong with me. I am going to listen to it again. Tonight....

Just tried it again. Nothing bad and nothing really good.... :huh: Just my opinion

Yeah... for me it's really the vacuity of the song, although I definitely think there are some bad things about it. I just zone out whenever AI try to listen to it... :sigh:

Yeah... for me it's really the vacuity of the song, although I definitely think there are some bad things about it. I just zone out whenever AI try to listen to it... :sigh:

Maybe I have to listen to Tai Shan first as a lead in?....

Are you listening to the 1987 version of High Water?

Wait, Hold Your Fire was released in September 1987. It can almost be a 1988 album...

Edited by savagegrace26

Wait, Hold Your Fire was released in September 1987. It can almost be a 1988 album...

So it can almost be 2015?

So it can almost be 2015?

No, I think it is 2015. It feels like it's 2015 to me. Screw this, I'm a year ahead of all of you. You suckers can stay in your pedestrian classification of time and dates. We're I'm going I don't need roads...

i haven't listened to it enough to try to enjoy it. I can't really listen to most of the songs on Hold Your Fire before skipping them. I've tried so many times to enjoy that album but it really doesn't suit me. I hate to sound stubborn but that's the truth.

Headphones? It's better with headphones...in the dark.
  • Like 1

Headphones? It's better with headphones...in the dark.

:smoke:

• Like 1