Fender Jaguar v.s Fender Jazzmaster

Nate2112

My brother is the guitarist for my current project and we play a good bit of shoegaze-y stuff...He plays a Jagmaster and says its basically the best of both the Jag and the Jazzmaster...very versatile. And with proper adjustment the Squier plays on an equal level as the Fender...just with a more affordable price.

I don't think there's a right or wrong answer here, and IMO this isn't necessarily the best approach.

I'd recommend figuring out exactly what your needs are in a guitar (single coil vs. humbucker, trem vs. hardtail, hollowbody vs. solid, etc.) and just keep hitting up music stores until that perfect guitar (the one that meets those needs within your budget and just "feels right" when you play it) comes along. Keep an open mind about models- they really aren't important, especially in the styles you seem to be going for.

Besides, there's so many variations of those models that the difference between one Jag and another might be greater than the difference between a Jag and a Jazzmaster. It really isn't a question you can answer until you have the guitars in your hands.