The Cigar thread

Jack Aubrey

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Blenderhead @ Sep 29 2011, 12:26 AM)
Newbie here. Was wondering what some good cheap (beginner, if you will) cigars would be. Any tips/knowledge you guys have would be appreciated. Thanks smile.gif

A good cigar to start with is the Macanudo. It is a consistent cigar that always delivers a smooth, mellow taste.

QUOTE (Cygnus @ Sep 29 2011, 11:36 AM)
QUOTE (Blenderhead @ Sep 29 2011, 12:26 AM)
Newbie here.  Was wondering what some good cheap (beginner, if you will) cigars would be.  Any tips/knowledge you guys have would be appreciated.  Thanks smile.gif

A good cigar to start with is the Macanudo. It is a consistent cigar that always delivers a smooth, mellow taste.

Macanudos are good. So are Monte Cristos. I love a good Monte Cristo. smile.gif

Hi folks, newbie here. Been enjoying cigars for a while now, especialy since moving to Florida and getting them rolled fresh. These viejos sure know how to make some good sticks. Staying in the local vein, I'm particular to Perdomo, especially the 10th Anniversay Reserve series. I've met Nick Perodomo at a couple of retailers meet and greets. Nick is one great cigar maker, and he is "gentleman" personified.

True story; a few years back my wife did some extra work for one of the Cuban lawyers at the firm was working for in Downtown Miami, and he wanted to compensate her extra for it, She said no, and so he asked "Well what about your husband, can I get him anything?" Karen mentions that I like a good cigar every now and then, and he says "OK give me a couple weeks, I'll get him something nice". Two weeks later Karen hands me a plain brown paper bag with a box in it, whch turns out to be a box of Montecristo's-nice. I'm just getting ready to cut the paper stamp sealing the box when I see the funny wriiting on the stamp. Yep, "Republica de Cuba-hecho a mano", the real Magilla, and the following month was most enjoyable.

Edited by pjbear05

True story; a few years back my wife did some extra work for one of the Cuban lawyers at the firm was working for in Downtown Miami, and he wanted to compensate her extra for it, She said no, and so he asked "Well what about your husband, can I get him anything?" Karen mentions that I like a good cigar every now and then, and he says "OK give me a couple weeks, I'll get him something nice". Two weeks later Karen hands me a plain brown paper bag with a box in it, whch turns out to be a box of Montecristo's-nice. I'm just getting ready to cut the paper stamp sealing the box when I see the funny wriiting on the stamp. Yep, "Republica de Cuba-hecho a mano", the real Magilla, and the following month was most enjoyable.

I haven't had a cuban Montecristo since I was in Denmark in 2004. :(