The Cigar thread

Jack Aubrey

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried an Indian Tabac Super Fuerte last night, and it was excellent. It was medium-full body to it, very dark oily wrapper. Lots of smoke from it. Earthy notes with hints of chocolate, cedar, and nuts for the first half, and then there were hints of spices and pepper along with the chocolate notes. All in all an excellent smoke. Something I will definatly smoke again. Looking forward to opening up the box of Gurkha G3's I just bought too. Had one of them a few months ago and really enjoyed it.

last night I broke in to my box of Gurkha G3's. I forgot just how much I enjoyed them. Looking at them, with their dark maduro wrapper you'd think it would be a very bold, full-powered smoke, but not so much. It opens with notes of cedar, nuts, and toast, and as it burned, started to get notes of chocolate and light pepper, especially at the end. Slow burning, nicely constructed, so very very nice. I highly recommend it.

today , on my snowy deck out back . don pedro ramos. never had one before.

cool10.gif

Edited by metaldad

QUOTE (metaldad @ Nov 30 2008, 12:15 PM)
today , on my snowy deck out back . don pedro ramos. never had one before.
cool10.gif

very good. not so strong. nice pull , goes very good with BECK'S DARK

today i am trying a EL ARTISTA BAMBINO cool10.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 5 2009, 03:34 PM)
today i am trying a EL ARTISTA BAMBINO cool10.gif

very good. very light. good burn

cool10.gif

just finished one of my all time favorites, Camacho Triple Maduro. A beautiful, oily maduro wrapper, hugging, you guessed it, lots and lots of maduro goodness inside. A very full bodied smoke, with ample spice from the pre-light draw all the way through the slow burn. A hint of cacao at the toasty conclusion, just an absolutely amazing cigar. I highly, highly recommend it to anyone that likes their cigars big and bold and full bodied. And it goes excellently with a good single malt or bourbon.......

QUOTE (syrinxpriest 2112 @ Aug 21 2009, 06:44 PM)
C.A.O. ftw:

Brazillia Gol:

http://www.cigarinspector.com/images/cigar/cao-brazilia-gol.jpg

Sopranos Edition:

http://img.cigar.com/p/300/cs/s/cs-sqa.jpg

they make some incredible cigars, I'm having one of theirs this evening, CAO America Monument, and it is almost as nice to look at as it is to smoke. My favorite from them though is the Anniversaire Cameroon, but I will also admit I'm a cameroon wrapper freak.

QUOTE (daveyt @ Oct 8 2009, 06:42 PM)
enjoying a fine fuente gran reserva mmmmmmmm

I have a couple of those in the humidor that I picked up on a whim at one of the local cigar shops, how are they?

just finished a fine Perdomo Lot 23 Corojo churchill. excellent, all the way down to the nub, lots of spice at the finish.

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Oct 8 2009, 08:30 PM)
QUOTE (daveyt @ Oct 8 2009, 06:42 PM)
enjoying a fine fuente gran reserva mmmmmmmm

I have a couple of those in the humidor that I picked up on a whim at one of the local cigar shops, how are they?

just finished a fine Perdomo Lot 23 Corojo churchill. excellent, all the way down to the nub, lots of spice at the finish.

best 5$ cigar ever imo. my uncle taught me well. check it out. i like them in the morning with a coffee. sometimes a pain in the ass to keep lit but they are worth it yes.gif cedar wrap with a green ribbon at the tip. i'll try to find ur cigar.

it was a 2 cigar day for me. Had a new favorite this afternoon, San Cristobal, which was amazingly good. Just finished a Rocky Patel Renaissance a few minutes ago, which was perfect. I have said this before and I will say it again, Rocky Patel is a cigar-making genius. Everyone of the cigars in the Rocky Patel line up is great and the Renaissance might just be the best of the best.

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Oct 15 2009, 12:09 AM)
it was a 2 cigar day for me. Had a new favorite this afternoon, San Cristobal, which was amazingly good. Just finished a Rocky Patel Renaissance a few minutes ago, which was perfect. I have said this before and I will say it again, Rocky Patel is a cigar-making genius. Everyone of the cigars in the Rocky Patel line up is great and the Renaissance might just be the best of the best.

I hear ya on the Rocky Patels! The Decade series and the EDGE series are some of my favorites!