I'am excited about the test for echo footage!!

nicky6

The intro Alex played during Discovery is so beautiful. And even in his semi old age, Geddy sang 2112 like a f***ing champ!
  • Like 5

Geddy's voice never came close to "giving out" in that time frame! It was Rush at their peak!

I'll have to take your word for it. I only saw them every year from 79' to 87' and they seemed pretty good...
  • Like 3

T4E was a great, great tour.

I was lucky enough to see it at the Gorge, Washington. It was a beautiful night.

It's a fantastic venue. I saw them there on the Time Machine tour. Great stuff!

T4E was a great, great tour.

I was lucky enough to see it at the Gorge, Washington. It was a beautiful night.

It's a fantastic venue. I saw them there on the Time Machine tour. Great stuff!

It is a cool venue, but wether can be a huge factor in terms of quality of the show. Saw them there on the Vapor Trails tour as well. Unfortunately, it was a super windy night which made it less than stellar.

Narpski, seen them since "Power Windows." Only lately did I have the sense that Geddy's voice was going. But so f***ing what? He wasn't borne with the voice of an angel to begin with? My point? Hell if I know!

Another way to put it? His slapping the bass more than makes up for vocal short-comings

The T4E tour was the beginning of a beautiful phase, with the "evening with" format. I will never forget how excited I was when I saw that Rush would be playing two sets and finally dispense with the opening acts. I had hoped they might do this on the CP tour, but no matter.

I also remember that the set list was very good, with a relatively perfect mix of old and new.

• Like 2

The T4E tour was the beginning of a beautiful phase, with the "evening with" format. I will never forget how excited I was when I saw that Rush would be playing two sets and finally dispense with the opening acts. I had hoped they might do this on the CP tour, but no matter.

I also remember that the set list was very good, with a relatively perfect mix of old and new.

Leg one

(-Intermission-)

(-Encore-)

I remember everyone going nuts over the Cygnus teaser.

I am excited to see the footage as I was at the show. This was our first show in Canada and we didn't realize that it was not polite to stand. We should stand out if there are any crowd shots...
  • Like 1

I would go as far as to say if you don't love "All the World's A Stage," you're not a true Rush fan. Freaking Rush at their pinnacle, man!

Good thing you don't define what a real Rush fan is. :P

While I enjoy many of the live recordings, I can't say I love any of them in full. I'll listen to any of the studio albums from start to finish except one or two but I cherry pick tracks from the live albums.

That said, I can't wait to see the footage of 2112 performed in full.

Edited by USB Connector
  • Like 2

I am excited to see the footage as I was at the show. This was our first show in Canada and we didn't realize that it was not polite to stand. We should stand out if there are any crowd shots...

It wasn't? That's pretty interesting. I thought everyone always stood at rock concerts. I guess that explains why older folks get so pissed when I stand during rock concerts...

I would go as far as to say if you don't love "All the World's A Stage," you're not a true Rush fan. Freaking Rush at their pinnacle, man!

Good thing you don't define what a real Rush fan is. :P

While I enjoy many of the live recordings, I can't say I love any of them in full. I'll listen to any of the studio albums from start to finish except one or two but I cherry pick tracks from the live albums.

That said, I can't wait to see the footage of 2112 performed in full.

i thought the same thing. Here we go. Another one rating everyone else's fandom.

• Like 3

LOL! They had energy for sure, but Neil was still in his sloppy, over-playing stage and Geddy was in his screeching stage. The real pinnacle was around 1980 or so.

• Like 3