Money can't buy happiness...

KennyLee

I call bulls**t.

Most causes of unhappiness are money related.

Stress at work (which is where we go to make money.

Stress about bills.

Worry about repairs to house, cars.

Worry about... well everything money can buy.

Money would make me a very happy person. I have a pretty damned good life with the exception of the fact that money problems make everything good so difficult.

:rantoff:

My wife would agree. She says next time she is marrying for money....

Smart woman. I'll be doing the same. :D

She already went the love and good looks route and what does she have to show for it?... :)
  • Like 1

Kenny, you are right.

I've been well off.

Now I am poor.

Problems that are small become monumental when you have no money. Not to mention illness.

Money doesn't solve all of life's problems, but it sure helps alleviate a lot of them.

What I hate the most if that when you tell someone "I don't have the money" they equate it to what that would mean to them, which doesn't even come close to what you mean.

• Like 1

Kenny, you are right.

I've been well off.

Now I am poor.

Problems that are small become monumental when you have no money. Not to mention illness.

Money doesn't solve all of life's problems, but it sure helps alleviate a lot of them.

What I hate the most if that when you tell someone "I don't have the money" they equate it to what that would mean to them, which doesn't even come close to what you mean.

Right? When I say I can't afford it, I mean I have $0. They mean, it would be best if I didn't spend this money because one of our four vacations this year we would be stuck at home.

I hate hearing things like, "The Beamer is in the shop, looks like I'll have to take the Jag".

When I'm thinking, "My Kia is in the driveway, out of gas, looks like I'll have to take the bus".

Edited by KennyLee

Kenny, you are right.

I've been well off.

Now I am poor.

Right? When I say I can't afford it, I mean I have $0. They mean, it would be best if I didn't spend this money because one of our four vacations this year we would be stuck at home.

I hate hearing things like, "The Beamer is in the shop, looks like I'll have to take the Jag".

When I'm thinking, "My Kia is in the driveway, out of gas, looks like I'll have to take the bus".

Do you think I am any better off? That's what I mean too. We have NOTHING. No security whatsoever. When I die, they will probably just throw me in the river. Or I'll sit on some mortician's shelf till the end of the world. If our homes burns down, we can just pitch a tent in the middle of the property because there is no way to replace it.

I would never have thought I would have fallen so low. My parents worked so hard to give me the best of everything.

Kenny, you are right.

I've been well off.

Now I am poor.

Do you think I am any better off? That's what I mean too. We have NOTHING. No security whatsoever. When I die, they will probably just throw me in the river. Or I'll sit on some mortician's shelf till the end of the world. If our homes burns down, we can just pitch a tent in the middle of the property because there is no way to replace it.

I would never have thought I would have fallen so low. My parents worked so hard to give me the best of everything.

I was agreeing with you. I meant the people around me. My kids play hockey which id typically a rich person's game due to how expensive it is.

Sadly, my bonus, which used to come in September (when hockey fees are due) will not be coming this year. On October 1st I may have to have the conversation with my 15 year old son, who has been playing ice hockey since he's been 6, to tell him we may not be able to afford it this year. He's already 3 weeks into his season.

:(

Edited by KennyLee

Kenny, I honestly mean this. If I had money, I'd just write out a big check and send it to you.

You're a sweetheart. If I hit the lottery (my only hope to keep him playing, wish me luck) I will take care of you as well. :D

Kenny, you are right.

I've been well off.

Now I am poor.

I was agreeing with you. I meant the people around me. My kids play hockey which id typically a rich person's game due to how expensive it is.

Sadly, my bonus, which used to come in September (when hockey fees are due) will not be coming this year. On October 1st I may have to have the conversation with my 15 year old son, who has been playing ice hockey since he's been 6, to tell him we may not be able to afford it this year. He's already 3 weeks into his season.

Sorry mate. That's harsh.

• Like 1

Kenny, you are right.

I've been well off.

Now I am poor.

What makes it worse is my 5 year old stud, will continue to play. His fees are much cheaper and he's really f-ing good. He goes to a different rink and THAT rink will definitely let me space out payments to keep him playing. They don't want to lose him. He's kind of a stud.

My 15 year old will take it like a man, say he understands and be very cool about it. Somehow that makes it worse. :(

Edited by KennyLee
  • Like 1

I'd be perfectly happy with money thankyouverymuch!

(yawn... :zzz: keep the girls in the boobs thread, please)

• Like 2

Kenny, you are right.

I've been well off.

Now I am poor.

What makes it worse is my 5 year old stud, will continue to play. His fees are much cheaper and he's really f-ing good. He goes to a different rink and THAT rink will definitely let me space out payments to keep him playing. They don't want to lose him. He's kind of a stud.

My 15 year old will take it like a man, say he understands and be very cool about it. Somehow that makes it worse. :(

Good luck KL.

• Like 1

Kenny, I honestly mean this. If I had money, I'd just write out a big check and send it to you.

You're a sweetheart. If I hit the lottery (my only hope to keep him playing, wish me luck) I will take care of you as well. :D

I bought a scratch off ticket the other day.

I won a dollar. :)

I bought a scratch off ticket the other day.

I won a dollar. :)

Result!

• Like 1

Kenny, you are right.

I've been well off.

Now I am poor.

If it makes anyone feel any better I had to borrow 200 dollars from my son on Monday so my wife and I could make it through the week. My life is like that and worse alot of the time and has been for years. I have what I have. If you look at my house you think "oh he has money". Nope its all I have. If you look at my 14 year old 185,000 miles on it van (our only vehicle) you might think different but its all we have. My wife worries about money 24 7 were I used to not. Now I do too because since I don't work I have too much time to worry about everything and I take full advantage of it... A quick (long) story on the flip side about generosity if I may..

When I was working as a heating and cooling tech for those many years we would go home to home repairing and replacing peoples systems day after day. I met many great people but this one lady in particular touched me in an incredible way when my wife and I needed it most. I was at her house to do a repair on her cooling system. She was 80 ish very thin and frail but had every one of the marbles left God gave her and lived alone. She was sick and knew she probably didn't have long to live but was telling me during a long conversation we had how she has been fortunate in her life and has money and it gives he pleasure help others. She knew from our conversation that my wife and I had major financial problems. The engine had just blown in our only car and we couldn't afford to fix it amongst many other issues. When we finished talking and I finished the job she signed the invoice and handed me a 20 dollar tip. I have gotten many tips and that is considered very generous for a tip and I was so happy. Then she got out her checkbook and was writing a check. I told her that she didn't owe anything because this was all warranty work. She said "don't worry about it". She tore the check out of the checkbook and handed it to me. A 2,000.00 check it was. I told I can't take it and went on and on but she insisted. She said "Kenneth if you don't take this check and fix your car I will be offended". "All I have left is to help others and it would make my day to help you and your family". I took the check and called my wife. I sent my wife over to see her and talk to her about it and she went of course. They had a "moment". My wife was crying when she got home and we did used the money to replace the engine in the car. We sent the lady flowers and a card thanking her for everything but never saw and heard from her again. The most touched I have ever been by anyone. A perfect stranger and her incredible generosity...... :sigh: :rose: :boohoo: Apologies if that was to drawn out and boring.....

Edited by Narpski
  • Like 9

Kenny, you are right.

I've been well off.

Now I am poor.

If it makes anyone feel any better I had to borrow 200 dollars from my son on Monday so my wife and I could make it through the week. My life is like that and worse alot of the time and has been for years. I have what I have. If you look at my house you think "oh he has money". Nope its all I have. If you look at my 14 year old 185,000 miles on it van (our only vehicle) you might think different but its all we have. My wife worries about money 24 7 were I used to not. Now I do too because since I don't work I have too much time to worry and I take full advantage of it... A quick story on the flip side about generosity if I may..

When I was working as a heating and cooling tech for those many years we would go home to home repairing and replacing peoples systems day after day. I met many great people but this one lady in particular touched me in an incredible way when my wife and I needed it most. I was at her house to do a repair on her cooling system. She was 80 ish very thin and frail and lived alone. She was sick and knew she probably didn't have long to live but was telling me during a long conversation we had how she has been fortunate and has money and it gives he pleasure to do so. She knew from our conversation that my wife and I had major financial problems. The engine had just blown in our only car and we couldn't afford to fix it amongst many other issues. When we finished talking and I finished the job she signed the invoice and handed me a 20 dollar tip. I have gotten many tips and that is considered very generous for a tip and I was so happy. Then she got out her checkbook and was writing a check. I told her that she didn't owe anything because this was all warranty work. She said "don't worry about it". She tore the check out of the checkbook and handed it to me. 2,000.00 check it was. I told I can't take it and went on and on but she insisted. She said "Kenneth if you don't take this check and fix your car I will be offended". "All I have left is to help others and it would make my day to help you and your family". I took the check and called my wife. I sent my wife over to see her and talk to her about it and she went. They had a "moment". My wife was crying when she got home and we did used the money to replace the engine in the car. We sent the lady flowers but never saw and heard from her again. The most touched I have ever been by anyone. A perfect stranger and her incredible generosity...... :sigh:

That was beautiful, Narp. I love a story about the great people in this world. They don't get talked about enough. :)

• Like 1

Kenny, you are right.

I've been well off.

Now I am poor.

If it makes anyone feel any better I had to borrow 200 dollars from my son on Monday so my wife and I could make it through the week. My life is like that and worse alot of the time and has been for years. I have what I have. If you look at my house you think "oh he has money". Nope its all I have. If you look at my 14 year old 185,000 miles on it van (our only vehicle) you might think different but its all we have. My wife worries about money 24 7 were I used to not. Now I do too because since I don't work I have too much time to worry and I take full advantage of it... A quick story on the flip side about generosity if I may..

When I was working as a heating and cooling tech for those many years we would go home to home repairing and replacing peoples systems day after day. I met many great people but this one lady in particular touched me in an incredible way when my wife and I needed it most. I was at her house to do a repair on her cooling system. She was 80 ish very thin and frail and lived alone. She was sick and knew she probably didn't have long to live but was telling me during a long conversation we had how she has been fortunate and has money and it gives he pleasure to do so. She knew from our conversation that my wife and I had major financial problems. The engine had just blown in our only car and we couldn't afford to fix it amongst many other issues. When we finished talking and I finished the job she signed the invoice and handed me a 20 dollar tip. I have gotten many tips and that is considered very generous for a tip and I was so happy. Then she got out her checkbook and was writing a check. I told her that she didn't owe anything because this was all warranty work. She said "don't worry about it". She tore the check out of the checkbook and handed it to me. 2,000.00 check it was. I told I can't take it and went on and on but she insisted. She said "Kenneth if you don't take this check and fix your car I will be offended". "All I have left is to help others and it would make my day to help you and your family". I took the check and called my wife. I sent my wife over to see her and talk to her about it and she went. They had a "moment". My wife was crying when she got home and we did used the money to replace the engine in the car. We sent the lady flowers but never saw and heard from her again. The most touched I have ever been by anyone. A perfect stranger and her incredible generosity...... :sigh:

I love stories like this. There are more people like this than we realize.

Thanks, Narps, for posting it! :)

• Like 2

Kenny, you are right.

I've been well off.

Now I am poor.

That was beautiful, Narp. I love a story about the great people in this world. They don't get talked about enough. :)

Gives me chills to think about it. She has met her maker by now surely. A wonderful woman she was with or without the money to be honest.... :angel: I need a break.... :sigh:
  • Like 3