Delay Problems with iMessages

Rick N. Backer

So I'm going back to the well of really tech savvy folks on this forum rather than deal with Apple.

I have an iPhone 5 and an iPad Mini. I have the iPad set up to send a receive the texts sent to and from my phone. The iPad does not have it's own access to the internet, meaning I need wifi to use Safari or the texting. Last week I updated the software on both I believe (iOs 8?). Since then I have had a problem with text messages sent or received from my phone appearing on my iPad with some substantial delays. For example, a text message I received on Friday popped up on iPad for the first time Sunday. And this morning, my wife insisted she never received a text I know for a fact I sent and saw was delivered.

Any advice any of you smart folks may have about why this is happening, and how to fix it, would be appreciated. :)

Does your wife have iMessage enabled on her phone? There's a setting somewhere that enables/disables the sending and receiving of iMessages.

Also, keep in mind that you need internet to send and receive iMessgaes. If your wife does not have cellular data enabled, she will only receive them when connected by wifi.

I did some additional research on the issue in case the above isn't helpful and found this video tutorial:

http://youtu.be/7Yc-3pN5UnA

Looks like it will fix it. Worst case you'll need to enter your wifi password again.

Edited by USB Connector
  • Like 1

I know anything I was doing on the weefees was a bit slow for a day on my phone. I shut 'er down and restarted and things seems to be running fine.

I'd blame the wife.

Edited by umoveme
  • Like 1