Bizarre spouse comments on Rush

tas7

Haven't seen a thread like this but thought I'd get the ball rolling.

Listening to The Enemy Within, my wife,in the kitchen yells,

"Haven't heard this before. Are you listening to Men at Work?" :scared:

Edited by tas7
  • Like 7

Haven't seen a thread like this but thought I'd get the ball rolling.

Listening to The Enemy Within, my wife,in the kitchen yells,

"Are you listening to Men at Work?" :scared:

:LOL:

Could have been worse. :P

You should have said no,

Its 'Working Man' by Rush. :D :cool:

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

My wife knows Rush all to well but quick story along the same lines. When I was in high school in the 70's I worked on a paint crew in the summers. We painted schools and would finish one and move on to another and so forth all summer long. Anyway we always had music going while we were working. I was painting in a multipurpose room by myself and had ATWAS going loudly in all its glory on whatever player I had at the time. I can't remember if it was 8 track or cassette or whatever. Anyway Geddy is singing his buns off in all his youthful glory and its echoing all over the place and a guy a little older than me I work with walks in and says "That sounds awful. Are you listening to Janis Joplin"?..... :scared: :rage: :facepalm: Edited by Narpski
  • Like 6

My wife knows Rush all to well but quick story along the same lines. When I was in high school in the 70's I worked on a paint crew in the summers. We painted schools and would finish one and move on to another and so forth all summer long. Anyway we always had music going while we were working. I was painting in a multipurpose room by myself and had ATWAS going loudly in all its glory on whatever player I had at the time. I can't remember if it was 8 track or cassette or whatever. Anyway Geddy is singing his buns off in all his youthful glory and its echoing all over the place and a guy a little older than me I work with walks in and says "That sounds awful. Are you listening to Janis Joplin"?..... :scared: :rage: :facepalm:

There are certain intonations Ged does with his voice on some of the 70s albums that make him sound just a little like Grace Slick to me, lol (only rarely though). And I am a great lover of most of his vocals ;) .

Edited by geddylennon

My wife hates Dream Theater with a passion, but when it comes to Rush she generally likes their songs. I watched the CA Tour DVD with her and she said "it's amazing how well rounded their show is. There's not a weak spot!!". I thought that was kinda cool of her to say.
  • Like 4

My wife knows Rush all to well but quick story along the same lines. When I was in high school in the 70's I worked on a paint crew in the summers. We painted schools and would finish one and move on to another and so forth all summer long. Anyway we always had music going while we were working. I was painting in a multipurpose room by myself and had ATWAS going loudly in all its glory on whatever player I had at the time. I can't remember if it was 8 track or cassette or whatever. Anyway Geddy is singing his buns off in all his youthful glory and its echoing all over the place and a guy a little older than me I work with walks in and says "That sounds awful. Are you listening to Janis Joplin"?..... :scared: :rage: :facepalm:

Was his name Bobby McGee? :P

My wife knows Rush, never says anything too off the wall. Most I usually get is "can we listen to something else for a while?"

So when we work around the house, I usually have on The Beatles or Sting or something we both like.

The hubby is familiar with a lot of Rush although he's not a fan. When they come up on shuffle he sometimes asks, "This is that band you like, isn't it?" But he will leave the room if I play too many songs in a row :(

I guess the up side is I only need to buy one ticket for each of the shows I go to, so it costs less :huh:

• Like 4

I was at the computer playing The Garden for the first time and it was cranked up a little. My wife stood in the doorway until it was done and asked me who it was and I said new Rush. She asked me to burn her a copy. I about fell out of my chair when she

said that!!

• Like 5

The hubby is familiar with a lot of Rush although he's not a fan. When they come up on shuffle he sometimes asks, "This is that band you like, isn't it?" But he will leave the room if I play too many songs in a row :(

I guess the up side is I only need to buy one ticket for each of the shows I go to, so it costs less :huh:

What's his favorite band?

I was at the computer playing The Garden for the first time and it was cranked up a little. My wife stood in the doorway until it was done and asked me who it was and I said new Rush. She asked me to burn her a copy. I about fell out of my chair when she

said that!!

:ebert:

He doesn't really listen to music (??!!) but he probably likes the Eagles the best.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with The Dude here

• Like 5

He doesn't really listen to music (??!!) but he probably likes the Eagles the best.

http://youtu.be/-JlmvtAHhnc

Who doesn't listen to music? :LOL:

I would go insane! :wacko:

I didn't for about 25 years. I had it on in the car most of the time but that was it. Never bought any. Never at home.... :unsure:

The Eagles are for people who don't really listen to music.

• Like 1

The Eagles are for people who don't really listen to music.

There you go!

A co-worker asked the same thing about 20 years ago when I was listening to the cassette of the Electric LadyLand show and Here Again was playing.

"No, it's not Janis Joplin, but I can kind of see why you might think that."

Edited by ytserush
  • Like 1

A co-worker asked the same thing about 20 years ago when I was listening to the cassette of the Electric LadyLand show and Here Again was playing.

"No, it's not Janis Joplin, but I can kind of see why you might think that."

I got it. Especially on the sh*t sound system I would have been playing it on back in 78'....

I didn't for about 25 years. I had it on in the car most of the time but that was it. Never bought any. Never at home.... :unsure:

How in the world did you do that? Listening to music at home has been my stress reliever since forever :yes: :guitar: ...love to crank it up and sing in the car too :NP:

• Like 3

So you had it on in the car,

I never said any thing about buying an album. :LOL:

How in the world did you do that? Listening to music at home has been my stress reliever since forever :yes: :guitar: ...love to crank it up and sing in the car too :NP:

He's a corn dog with out mustard! :P

• Like 1

I had a girl act interested when I said I was a Rush fan. So I say " you like Rush too?"

She says "no but I like that you do. It shows you know good music"..

That made me feel good for some reason.. I think it was the honesty lol

• Like 2