Jump to content


1982 live b-side of Vital Signs


  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 chemistry

chemistry

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 217 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:33 AM

the b-side of NWM ......does anyone know where this was recorded and was it supposed to be on ESL?

Sponsored Post

#2 YYZumbi

YYZumbi

    Vapor Trail

  • Members *
  • 18996 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sweden
  • Interests:Vinyl records and music in general.

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:41 AM

NWM? Whats that?

#3 bri-tor

bri-tor

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 175 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hamburg, Germany
  • Interests:my kids, music (prog, metal, classical, trance, big band), soccer, books, history, bicycle riding, traveling

Posted 23 September 2014 - 10:07 AM

Maybe New World Man?

#4 ytserush

ytserush

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 4241 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:United States

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:23 AM

View Postchemistry, on 23 September 2014 - 09:33 AM, said:

the b-side of NWM ......does anyone know where this was recorded and was it supposed to be on ESL?

I think it was in Toronto just like the other Moving Pictures Tour tracks.

Neil said around the time of Signals that Vital Signs and Natural Science were songs the band prepared for the Exit..Stage Left album but they didn't make the cut.

That particular recording of Vital Signs has never been released on CD.


I still wonder whatever happened to that recording of Natural Science.

#5 chemistry

chemistry

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 217 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:32 PM

thank you for the answer. my brother played me VS its on youtube. and yes NWM. new world man. the 45 release.

#6 savagegrace26

savagegrace26

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 5613 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hell
  • Interests:film, photography, chaos...

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:36 PM

View Postytserush, on 23 September 2014 - 11:23 AM, said:

Neil said around the time of Signals that Vital Signs and Natural Science were songs the band prepared for the Exit..Stage Left album but they didn't make the cut.

I think he mentioned Limelight. Trying to find sources.

Edited by savagegrace26, 23 September 2014 - 01:40 PM.


#7 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 87857 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:59 PM

New World Man featured the deepest Geddy vocals to date in 1982, they scared some people...like me...

#8 bri-tor

bri-tor

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 175 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hamburg, Germany
  • Interests:my kids, music (prog, metal, classical, trance, big band), soccer, books, history, bicycle riding, traveling

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:14 PM

Is it possible to buy this version of Vital Signs from anywhere? Given that it's an official release, where might I find it?

#9 ytserush

ytserush

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 4241 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:United States

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:53 PM

View Postbri-tor, on 23 September 2014 - 04:14 PM, said:

Is it possible to buy this version of Vital Signs from anywhere? Given that it's an official release, where might I find it?

Used record store? Given that it was the highest charting single of Rush's career, it's probably one of the more common Rush 45s around.

I'll check to see if I have an extra.

#10 nappy2112

nappy2112

    Solar Federalist

  • Members
  • 2508 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Richmond,Indiana

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:39 PM

I bought the record just for that.

#11 LocalsBandGuy

LocalsBandGuy

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 316 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Eastern Long Island, NY

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:50 PM

I have a clear 12" vinyl of that.  NWM / Vital Signs live...I'll dig it out and see if it says where it was recorded, because not all of ESL came from 1 show.

#12 lifeson90

lifeson90

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1252 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 September 2014 - 05:37 AM

Vital signs wasnt one of my favs at the time but that live version on NWM b side was powerful, especially the ending 'everybody got to...' spine tinglin stuff

#13 bri-tor

bri-tor

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 175 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hamburg, Germany
  • Interests:my kids, music (prog, metal, classical, trance, big band), soccer, books, history, bicycle riding, traveling

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:31 AM

View Postytserush, on 25 September 2014 - 06:53 PM, said:

View Postbri-tor, on 23 September 2014 - 04:14 PM, said:

Is it possible to buy this version of Vital Signs from anywhere? Given that it's an official release, where might I find it?

Used record store? Given that it was the highest charting single of Rush's career, it's probably one of the more common Rush 45s around.

I'll check to see if I have an extra.

Thanks, dude!

#14 len(songs)

len(songs)

    The Archivist

  • Members
  • 14676 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere
  • Interests:Not being Not

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:44 AM

I'd think that Fly By Night would be even more abundant, it's their best selling single (though not highest charting)

#15 savagegrace26

savagegrace26

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 5613 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hell
  • Interests:film, photography, chaos...

Posted 27 September 2014 - 01:21 PM

View Postlen(songs), on 27 September 2014 - 08:44 AM, said:

I'd think that Fly By Night would be even more abundant, it's their best selling single (though not highest charting)

Where did you get this info?

#16 ytserush

ytserush

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 4241 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:United States

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:30 PM

View Postbri-tor, on 27 September 2014 - 08:31 AM, said:

View Postytserush, on 25 September 2014 - 06:53 PM, said:

View Postbri-tor, on 23 September 2014 - 04:14 PM, said:

Is it possible to buy this version of Vital Signs from anywhere? Given that it's an official release, where might I find it?

Used record store? Given that it was the highest charting single of Rush's career, it's probably one of the more common Rush 45s around.

I'll check to see if I have an extra.

Thanks, dude!

I found it. PM if interested.

Avatar says you're from Germany so shipping might be a deal breaking expense.

#17 ytserush

ytserush

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 4241 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:United States

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:33 PM

View Postsavagegrace26, on 27 September 2014 - 01:21 PM, said:

View Postlen(songs), on 27 September 2014 - 08:44 AM, said:

I'd think that Fly By Night would be even more abundant, it's their best selling single (though not highest charting)

Where did you get this info?

Maybe he means only digitally?

There's no way it's actual record sales/airplay even when it got re-released when Archives came out.

#18 savagegrace26

savagegrace26

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 5613 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hell
  • Interests:film, photography, chaos...

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:34 PM

View Postytserush, on 30 September 2014 - 07:33 PM, said:

View Postsavagegrace26, on 27 September 2014 - 01:21 PM, said:

View Postlen(songs), on 27 September 2014 - 08:44 AM, said:

I'd think that Fly By Night would be even more abundant, it's their best selling single (though not highest charting)

Where did you get this info?

Maybe he means only digitally?

There's no way it's actual record sales/airplay even when it got re-released when Archives came out.

I think he's making shit up.

#19 savagegrace26

savagegrace26

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 5613 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hell
  • Interests:film, photography, chaos...

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:36 PM

Amazon ordered by "best selling"
Song Title Album
Time



Posted Image
Tom Sawyer
Moving Pictures (2011 Remaster)
4:36




$1.29  






Posted Image
The Spirit Of Radio
Spirit Of Radio: Greatest Hits (1974-1987)
4:56




$1.29  






Posted Image
Limelight
Spirit Of Radio: Greatest Hits (1974-1987)
4:19




$1.29  






Posted Image
Subdivisions
Signals
5:34




$1.29  






Posted Image
Working Man
Rush
7:09




$1.29  






Posted Image
Fly By Night
Fly By Night
3:22




$1.29  






Posted Image
Tom Sawyer
Spirit Of Radio: Greatest Hits (1974-1987)
4:32




$1.29  






Posted Image
2112: Overture / The Temples Of Syrinx / Discovery / Presentation / Oracle / Soliloquy / Grand Finale (Medley)
2112 (Remastered)
20:33




$1.29  






Posted Image
Limelight
Moving Pictures (2011 Remaster)
4:19




$1.29  






Posted Image
YYZ
Moving Pictures (2011 Remaster)
4:25




$1.29  




Previous  12345678...66 Next

Edited by savagegrace26, 30 September 2014 - 07:37 PM.


#20 len(songs)

len(songs)

    The Archivist

  • Members
  • 14676 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere
  • Interests:Not being Not

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:16 PM

Well, at least I was close :D




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users