Freekin WOW!!! I need GUIDANCE into my new world of RUSH.

NewRUSHfan

That's a good idea for a new thread.

We can subtitle it: how to lose a potential Rush fan in less than 24 hours without trying.

It really only takes a little effort from alot of people and then its..... :blink: :wacko: I wish there was a "deer in headlights" emoticon... :LOL:

We can subtitle it: how to lose a potential Rush fan in less than 24 hours without trying.

It really only takes a little effort from alot of people and then its..... :blink: :wacko: I wish there was a "deer in headlights" emoticon... :LOL:

Or a "drinking from the firehose" emoticon!

• Like 2

Or a "drinking from the firehose" emoticon!

:laughing guy: I even spelled dear correctly.....
  • Like 2

Rush in Rio is a great DVD to buy. Since you love live performances this is a nice mix of songs old and new. The crowd is electric which adds to the viewing. It also comes with a nice documentary which will cue you in a little on why we all love the band and have been buying their records and attending concerts for (in my case) 30years.
  • Like 3

Rush in Rio is a great DVD to buy. Since you love live performances this is a nice mix of songs old and new. The crowd is electric which adds to the viewing. It also comes with a nice documentary which will cue you in a little on why we all love the band and have been buying their records and attending concerts for (in my case) 30years.

Just not the audio.... Edit (only) Edited by Narpski
  • Like 2

Just not the audio.... Edit (only)

The crowd is the best of any Rush DVD release, but the sound is just so-so.

• Like 2

Just not the audio.... Edit (only)

The crowd is the best of any Rush DVD release, but the sound is just so-so.

Agreed. I wouldn't want to just hand the audio to somebody and say "This is Rush. Enjoy".....

NewRUSHfan, I think one of the first songs you should listen to is from Counterparts. It is called The Speed of Love.

Let us know what you think about it after you have listened to it. :)

Just teasing!

You can't scare him away any more than he's already been scared away. :LOL:

• Like 2

I started out with Grace Under Pressure and played it incessantly. I too love the Time Machine Live in Cleveland DVD but R30 is fabulous too (it was also the first concert I went to). I also enjoyed the documentary Beyond the Lighted Stage, really impressed me. There is no right way to do it, just pick a couple of albums and start listening and scan the threads here to see what others have to say. Rush has so much good stuff to offer, it will take a while to hear it all but it is worth it. :haz: :rush:

I'd start with anything pre-Signals. Not that I don't like Signals (because I love it). I would grab something with Geddy's full range on it.

Moving Pictures is a great place to start although the idea of starting at the beginning and hearing them evolve is a glorious thought.

JMO

Can't read through all these posts, so forgive me if I'm being repetitive, but...and this is very important...AVOID "TEST FOR ECHO" at all costs!

I became a Rush fan in 1996. Test for Echo was the third or so Rush album I bought and it in no way turned me way from the band, it just added to the intrigue. I enjoyed the album very much at the time.

"New fans" do not experience these albums with jaded cynicism the way you do.

Edited by savagegrace26

I'm still here guys! It just took me forever to read all these posts. I am overwhelmed :) Thank you (everyone) for the feedback. I narrowed it down to this- I think I will buy the Moving Pictures album and a live DVD. But which one? I asked this question in a new post.
  • Like 4

I'm still here guys! It just took me forever to read all these posts. I am overwhelmed :) Thank you (everyone) for the feedback. I narrowed it down to this- I think I will buy the Moving Pictures album and a live DVD. But which one? I asked this question in a new post.

Really glad you're still here. I'm sure all of the responses might seem a bit overwhelming. We just love this band. :)

• Like 1

You said you saw Live In Cleveland in your original post. Just so you know they played the entire Moving Pictures album in that show. Definitely worth picking that album up though.

I'm glad you are still here. :)

My first live love and I think still is the Grace Under Pressure tour. After that I would say Rush In Rio. Some bash the quality but the emotion and energy of that concert is unmatched. Reminded me of Beatles fans back in the day. Beside themselves with excitement. Very moving stuff.

• Like 1