Do you listen to Rush everyday?

Cygnus 2112

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you listen to Rush everyday?

• Yes
    • No

Nope. I'd get sick of any band that I listened to every day.

That being said I will sometimes get on a kick where I listen to a band every day for some period of time—a few days or weeks—but then I move on to something else.

• Like 2

I find that with 20 studio albums along with 9 live albums and countless bootlegs it's easy to listen to Rush today, Grace Under Pressure tomorrow, and the Clockwork Angels the next day and hear three different sounds. If I were to listen to some of my other favourite bands like AC/DC, Metallica or Pantera I'd get bored of them rather quickly since everything sounds almost the same.
  • Like 2

No. And I haven't done so for quite awhile. Early up until the beginning of high school, I'd be so into a band to the point that's the only thing I listen to, but by doing that I felt narrow minded and closed off of other great music that's out there new and old. Rush almost became that kind of band before I made a conscious effort to change my listening habits. Make no mistake, I'm still in love with Rush, but I like a lot of other bands as well to different degrees. I listen to Rush every few days or weeks, but also listen to other things to keep myself fresh listening wise.
  • Like 1

Yeah, I do right now. I'm in the state of noob, fan girl glorious-ity where it's all fresh to me and cannot get enough.
  • Like 3

i don't, actually. maybe once every 3 days or more.

Budgie and school keeping you busy?.... ;)

yes, and Led Zeppelin

• Like 1

yes, and Led Zeppelin

:cheers: Yes is great too.... Edited by Narpski
  • Like 2

yes, and Led Zeppelin

:cheers: Yes is great too....

they are, but i don't listen to them nearly enough as I should

• Like 4

yes, and Led Zeppelin

:cheers: Yes is great too....

they are, but i don't listen to them nearly enough as I should

i know that wasn't what you meant. I was just pulling your leg. You must love Going For The One and we will be all good.... :cheers:

I answered yes, but there are probably days when I don't. But, generally, I listen to a "sleep playlist", every night, and most have Rush in it. Other than that, I have a disproportionate number of Rush songs on my iPod, so if I do any sort of music listening in a day, I'll get at least one song. Now, that one day when I was super sick and slept all day a few weeks ago, I probably didn't listen to Rush. Or the time my wife had brain surgery last year, I wasn't listening to much music for about a week as I spent the days with my kids and my nights sleeping in a hospital. But, on an average day, I hear at least one Rush song.

I listen to at least one or two songs a day, as I find that each day has a moment whereby I'm inspired to hear a certain Rush song.