Do you listen to Rush everyday?

Cygnus 2112

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you listen to Rush everyday?

• Yes
    • No

Most days...I often play complete albums, and rarely single tracks.

But I go through phases with most bands, currently the majority of my playlist is Nightwish, Within Temptation, Lacuna Coil, Rush and The Corrs. Weird mix!

I used to...

It's a long story but I have been rediscovering heavy metal over the past several months and have been getting into new/other bands.

I still go through phases where I will work my way through a few of their albums over a period of days.

Nope. I'd get sick of any band that I listened to every day.

That being said I will sometimes get on a kick where I listen to a band every day for some period of time—a few days or weeks—but then I move on to something else.

:goodone:

Since I have a Rush ringtone, yes.

Okay, another thread. Who has a Rush ringtone on their phone? :hi: :LOL:

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 1

I go through phases... I recently felt like listening to some of the newer studio stuff...so I was listening to Clockwork Angels, Snakes & Arrows, and the remastered Vapour Trails on my iPod at the gym...Since that, I jumped into a Spock's Beard mode...and I think that Transatlantic is on deck....

I have a Tom Sawyer ringtone, but aside from that I listen to some Rush almost every day, but not nearly as much as I did when I first got into them when they were virtually the only group I listened to.

i don't, actually. maybe once every 3 days or more.

Budgie and school keeping you busy?.... ;)

yes, and Led Zeppelin

:cheers: Yes is great too....

Rush, Zeppelin, and Yes were the first three bands I fell in love with (in that order).

I listen to Rush probably 2-3 times a week.

• Like 1

Not every day. Probably on average every other day. Pretty much the only guaranteed time I will listen to Rush is when I am riding the bike (which I try to do about 3 times a week). Pedaling along... and sometimes singing along... to Rush is my routine. I have found that the times I ride while listening to another band or playlist actually impacts my time and the length of the ride. It's weird, but I think it has to do with my mood when I listen and that impacts my overall energy and the ride.

There is a huge amount of Rush in my iTunes collection and I listen to that daily so it's inevitable that Rush comes on. However I am strictly a shuffle only guy most of the time because otherwise you will hear repeats instead of iTunes shuffling through your entire playlist. Apple swears that iTunes is programmed so it doesn't favor certain songs but with God as my witness if I skip around to songs and reset my shuffle that phone will play By-Tor and the Snowdog within fifteen songs. Every. Damn. Time.
  • Like 2

There is a huge amount of Rush in my iTunes collection and I listen to that daily so it's inevitable that Rush comes on. However I am strictly a shuffle only guy most of the time because otherwise you will hear repeats instead of iTunes shuffling through your entire playlist. Apple swears that iTunes is programmed so it doesn't favor certain songs but with God as my witness if I skip around to songs and reset my shuffle that phone will play By-Tor and the Snowdog within fifteen songs. Every. Damn. Time.

I notice the same thing with Shuffle. It'll will stick to a certain artist more often the rest of your library when playing through everything.

No, but I binge out occasionally. Rush is still one of the only bands for whom I'll stop everything else and just sit down and listen. That wasn't true for a while, but then I started really getting into the 5.1 mixes and it reawakened me to how many very cool subtleties there are in the music and how heavy and rich most of the stuff is. There are some songs by bands that you just need to absorb fully - to stop f***ing about and sit and listen - you know, songs like Echoes, Supper's Ready, The Prophet's Song, No Quarter, Close to the Edge . . . and a truckload of Rush tunes - Xanadu, The Camera Eye, The Weapon . . .
  • Like 1

Yes....... I have been for the last few years. Nothing on the radio appeals too me anymore. I never get tired of listening to RUSH. My 6 disc changer in my truck is all RUSH all the time.