New album or release 1980 show complete??

nicky6

Why would you say no to new stuff when they could release these old shows anytime? They're not going to be able to record new music forever.

I'll take the new stuff please.

There's also p\lenty of bootlegs. The "live" Rush market is a also little over-saturated right now.

Edited by savagegrace26
  • Like 5

For me, it's a always about new music now. When the band decide to finally hang it up, there will be plenty of time for such money-making opportunities as releasing old concerts. But given how much I enjoyed S&A and CA, I wish they'd release a new album every two years
  • Like 2

I think I´d prefer the new stuff for now. The old stuff will be released in small doses once the guys call it quits. Look at Hendrix - he died 44 years ago and still puts out "new" albums with songs from the vault. How many vaults can an artist have anyway, that still fit this amount of songs!?!?!?!?
  • Like 1

I'd always love some new stuff, but I believe "Clockwork Angels" was such a great release - (as much as I hate to say this) they should probably end their original studio recordings on a high note.

I wouldn't mind a "Feedback 2" though.

Edited by JimboWTF

I'd rather have an full show from the eighties released than something new. I'd like to see a complete Show of Hands.

Oh really? I'd rather have new music as long as they're able to do it. They can release the old stuff anytime.

• Like 2

They aren't really a "live" act nowadays with all the samples and triggers, so new stuff.....the old live stuff is best though.

I think a lot of bands use samples, at least they aren't lip synching...unless we're talking about Alex. :LOL:

yes, alex insults us by pretending to be singing parts whens hes really not..

He has sang some parts. He hasn't always just pretended. This has been covered here many times.

That is definitely Alex singing right here:

http://youtu.be/xmcAxiogJKs?t=1m31s

Edited by savagegrace26
  • Like 1