2014-2015 Soccer - Is there no thread?

alphseeker

I followed the season pretty closely. You can count on american tv having games on at the same times and same channels every week which is needed to build support. I like the mls and support it but there is simply no comparison between the two leagues. One thing that is a bit odd is in american based sports the drama is about who the champ will be and the bottom dwellers are all ignored. For this season at least, all of the premier league drama was with the bottom dwellers and we knew who the champs were a couple weeks back. That's an interesting difference.

Messi is the main reason I have grown to love soccer - This morning's goal insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

https://www.youtube....h?v=HAwEuOgI7yU

I bet he would rather score one like that against Germany in the World Cup final. ;) Besides, Bilbao kinda sucks, doesn't it? :P

Messi is the main reason I have grown to love soccer - This morning's goal insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I bet he would rather score one like that against Germany in the World Cup final. ;) Besides, Bilbao kinda sucks, doesn't it? :P

:moon:

:P

:moon:

:P

Now this feels like the NHL thread. :atickhum:

Anybody watching the women's world cup? Today's Colombia-France match was a thriller, with #28-ranked Colombia defeating France 2-0. The play was physical and fast-paced throughout. Colombia now leads its group with 4 points.

Anybody watching the women's world cup? Today's Colombia-France match was a thriller, with #28-ranked Colombia defeating France 2-0. The play was physical and fast-paced throughout. Colombia now leads its group with 4 points.

At the moment China vs. USA. Winner of that game is the semi-final adversary of Germany, who won a dramatic penalty shootout, 5-4 against France tonight.

Wow - Columbia - Argentina quarter final was a nail biter. Columbia's goalie was insane. Argentina should have won 3-0 but instead they won in the 7th round of penalty kicks - Di Maria totally sucked tonight for Argentina. Edited by alphseeker

Meanwhile, the women are headed for a showdown with Germany after the US snuck by China and Germany beat France in a shootout.

Women? I'm with Seth Blatter on this one - Let them wear tighter/shorter shorts and Hooters-like t-shirts then maybe i'll be interested :P Edited by alphseeker

At the moment China vs. USA. Winner of that game is the semi-final adversary of Germany, who won a dramatic penalty shootout, 5-4 against France tonight.

What a match! !
  • Like 1

What a match! !

Yeah it was great. Now the German rubble women are playing against the US girls on Tuesday. Let the fray begin. :madra:

Mean while in real soccer news: Paraguay defeats Brazil in the quarter finals - :clap:

Crazy! Poor Brazil has had miserable luck in Cups as of late.
  • Like 1

Meanwhile, the women are headed for a showdown with Germany after the US snuck by China and Germany beat France in a shootout.

Women? I'm with Seth Blatter on this one - Let them wear tighter/shorter shorts and Hooters-like t-shirts then maybe i'll be interested :P

Misogynist

Women? I'm with Seth Blatter on this one - Let them wear tighter/shorter shorts and Hooters-like t-shirts then maybe i'll be interested :P

Misogynist

:P Nah i'd watch Women's world cup if Copa wasn't on I don't have time to watch both.

Mean while in real soccer news: Paraguay defeats Brazil in the quarter finals - :clap:

Crazy! Poor Brazil has had miserable luck in Cups as of late.

Yeah they have sucked lately. It's Argentina's to lose

Brazil has the absolute worst generation of players since I started to follow football. I'm afraid we won't even qualify for the WC Finals this time.

Wow, that's quite a suggestion.

I mean it. Nowadays we´re an ordinary South American team, with players who are more interested in how many followers they have on Instagram than in actually winning.

I got the sense of that in last years world cup. It appeared Brazil entered the tournament with the idea that they had rite of passage simply because they were hosts and because of their great history. It felt like they didn't see the need to actually put in the hard work and sacrifices and that it would simply be handed to them.
  • Like 1