Apple iPhone 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5

laughedatbytime

iOS 8 on my iPhone 5S is working great.

Well that's good to hear. Is there any major difference between it and the previous version?

Just more features - time lapse on the camera; predictive words in text messaging. Native health applications. I am sure there are more.

The ability to answer calls on devices that don't have cell coverage is kinda cool.

Like your hairdryer? :LOL:

• Like 2

Well that's good to hear. Is there any major difference between it and the previous version?

Just more features - time lapse on the camera; predictive words in text messaging. Native health applications. I am sure there are more.

The ability to answer calls on devices that don't have cell coverage is kinda cool.

Answering calls while on the toilet, USING the toilet might be cool.

I've tried iPhone, 2 android phones (a Samsung Galaxy S4 and a Nexus 5), and a Windows Phone.

I came back to the iPhone because 1) I made a ton of app purchases, and app purchases do not transfer to other platforms and 2) everyone that is important to me is on iPhone and it is easier to communicate if we are all in the same eco-system.

As far as the quality of the OS, I consider iOS and Android to be equal (each has strengths and weaknesses). Windows Phone is rubbish.

With all that said, my iPhone 6+ will be here in about a week. My eyes are excited for it.

Agreed with everything except the 6+....which is too massive for me.

Never had anything bigger than 5" in your hand before, huh?

That's too bad.

Answering calls while on the toilet, USING the toilet might be cool.

Probably be some shitty reception. :)

I've tried iPhone, 2 android phones (a Samsung Galaxy S4 and a Nexus 5), and a Windows Phone.

I came back to the iPhone because 1) I made a ton of app purchases, and app purchases do not transfer to other platforms and 2) everyone that is important to me is on iPhone and it is easier to communicate if we are all in the same eco-system.

As far as the quality of the OS, I consider iOS and Android to be equal (each has strengths and weaknesses). Windows Phone is rubbish.

With all that said, my iPhone 6+ will be here in about a week. My eyes are excited for it.

Agreed with everything except the 6+....which is too massive for me.

Never had anything bigger than 5" in your hand before, huh?

That's too bad.

Unlike you, I prefer my men with smaller weiners as they hurt less. I know you like the pain.

• Like 1

I have 2 cell phones, a galaxy s5 and a Iphone5. Just got the Galaxy s5 at almost the exact same time I installed iOS 8. iOS 8 has really slowed down the iphone, I am really starting to dig the Galaxy/android platform.

Has iOS 8 sucked for anyone else?

I think it's because IOS8 is made for iphone 6 in particular, so it will drain the ressources on any device pre iphone 6. I'm avoiding the update.

I often miss my old Nokia. It had the network coverage that no smartphone can beat, the battery lasted for days and I could open beer bottles with it, and it would still work. Unfortunately it didn't have all the awesome features. I'll stay with my iphone 5 until it breaks again and I will get it replaced for free (as long as it happens within 2 years, and I don't break it myself).

Now, I can't wait for the iwatch!!!

:dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez:

Edited by umoveme

I checked out a Six Plus because it has a 5.5" screen. For me, the screen was too narrow. I understand the design principle behind that, but it's not for me. Looks like it will be a Note 4 for me.

I use it landscape and am enjoying the increase in screen real estate and the tablet like experience.

The fact that I-Phones basically have an ipod built inside which, unlike the Samsung, allows you to pay music all day long without sucking up battery life and that makes it a clear winner. Edited by alphseeker
  • Like 1

The fact that I-Phones basically have an ipod built inside which, unlike the Samsung, allows you to pay music all day long without sucking up battery life and that makes it a clear winner.

And with the 128g I can have a shitload of tunes and pics!!

• Like 1

The fact that I-Phones basically have an ipod built inside which, unlike the Samsung, allows you to pay music all day long without sucking up battery life and that makes it a clear winner.

Ditto.

• Like 1

Ditto.

I'm still waiting for a 2TB ipod classic. Seeing as the classic is dead, the extra storage on the iphone is much appreciated.

• Like 1

I use Apple products because they all work seamlessly together. I just got an iPhone 5 not long ago (August), I don't need latest and greatest. I also don't need a slab of a phone. The Galaxy phones and tabs are clunky. I bought one for my girlfriend last Christmas and she has since gotten an iPhone (we got our 5s the same day actually).

I used to build PCs and worked on both Mac and Windows without "pulling" to one side versus the other but I haven't really booted up Windows for a few years now and Windows 8 is a complete cluster. Once apps that I used on Wndows became more useful on Mac OS I decided to go that way since the bulk of my work is best done on Mac. Since I am a game developer I have had to be familiar with all mobile OS as well. For me Apple wins out followed by Android then Windows. Security, security, security.