Apple iPhone 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5

laughedatbytime

I find there hasn't been a new phone to add anything noteworthy in years. More processing power and a larger screen for what? Nobody takes advantage of the processing power to do anything more than shinier and more intricate animations.

I've tried iPhone, 2 android phones (a Samsung Galaxy S4 and a Nexus 5), and a Windows Phone.

I came back to the iPhone because 1) I made a ton of app purchases, and app purchases do not transfer to other platforms and 2) everyone that is important to me is on iPhone and it is easier to communicate if we are all in the same eco-system.

As far as the quality of the OS, I consider iOS and Android to be equal (each has strengths and weaknesses). Windows Phone is rubbish.

With all that said, my iPhone 6+ will be here in about a week. My eyes are excited for it.

• Like 1

I think Samsung is a little bit worried over the iPhone release. You know as soon as you start seeing companies comparing themselves against someone else that they're feeling threatened. It's like political candidates who only have the other persons supposed faults to mention and nothing positive of their own.

I find there hasn't been a new phone to add anything noteworthy in years. More processing power and a larger screen for what? Nobody takes advantage of the processing power to do anything more than shinier and more intricate animations.

All I wanted was the greater memory. I would get a 1TB iPhone if I could. I'm glad that the smaller 6 also had the 128GB, because I think it's already a tad too big for me to use with one hand comfortably, I sure as shit wouldn't have been happy to wield that massive 6+ just so I can keep my apps and some music on the same device.

• Like 1

I've tried iPhone, 2 android phones (a Samsung Galaxy S4 and a Nexus 5), and a Windows Phone.

I came back to the iPhone because 1) I made a ton of app purchases, and app purchases do not transfer to other platforms and 2) everyone that is important to me is on iPhone and it is easier to communicate if we are all in the same eco-system.

As far as the quality of the OS, I consider iOS and Android to be equal (each has strengths and weaknesses). Windows Phone is rubbish.

With all that said, my iPhone 6+ will be here in about a week. My eyes are excited for it.

Agreed with everything except the 6+....which is too massive for me.

All I wanted was the greater memory. I would get a 1TB iPhone if I could. I'm glad that the smaller 6 also had the 128GB, because I think it's already a tad too big for me to use with one hand comfortably, I sure as shit wouldn't have been happy to wield that massive 6+ just so I can keep my apps and some music on the same device.

Agreed. Greater storage capacity is the big thing for me too. The only other improvement I'd really want is battery life.

I've noticed that despite the increased power on the phones the battery life stays the same or increases. Could you imagine what the battery life would be like if they (they being anyone -- Samsong, Apple, etc) simply made something along the lines of an iPhone 4 specs but improved to be more efficient? Heck with the advancements they made I'm sure they could fit in 256gb of stoage in that case as well.

• Like 1

I have 2 cell phones, a galaxy s5 and a Iphone5. Just got the Galaxy s5 at almost the exact same time I installed iOS 8. iOS 8 has really slowed down the iphone, I am really starting to dig the Galaxy/android platform.

Has iOS 8 sucked for anyone else?

I have 2 cell phones, a galaxy s5 and a Iphone5. Just got the Galaxy s5 at almost the exact same time I installed iOS 8. iOS 8 has really slowed down the iphone, I am really starting to dig the Galaxy/android platform.

It is working fine on in my family on the iPad 2, iPad Air, iPhone 5 and iPhone 6. I haven't used/noticed any of the new features (though I did answer a phone call to my iPhone 6 on my iPad 2, which was kinda neat), but I haven't noticed a drop in speed or any negatives, either.

• Like 1

I just installed it today so I will have to get back to you.
  • Like 1

It is working fine on in my family on the iPad 2, iPad Air, iPhone 5 and iPhone 6. I haven't used/noticed any of the new features (though I did answer a phone call to my iPhone 6 on my iPad 2, which was kinda neat), but I haven't noticed a drop in speed or any negatives, either.

Netflix app isnt working. Internet speed is slow when its hooked on wifi, which is weird. It also get stuck or crashes when using the browser. Overall it has slowed down significantly

Netflix app isnt working. Internet speed is slow when its hooked on wifi, which is weird. It also get stuck or crashes when using the browser. Overall it has slowed down significantly

Oh yuck. Maybe I'll just avoid this update.

Oh yuck. Maybe I'll just avoid this update.

Maybe just give it a couple weeks. Im sure there will be an update that will fix a few of these bugs. Other people I know have shared similar experiences.

In retrospect, my iPhone was working so well, I had no complaints prior to update......why did I do it?

iOS 8 on my iPhone 5S is working great.

Well that's good to hear. Is there any major difference between it and the previous version?

Just more features - time lapse on the camera; predictive words in text messaging. Native health applications. I am sure there are more.

iOS 8 on my iPhone 5S is working great.

Well that's good to hear. Is there any major difference between it and the previous version?

Just more features - time lapse on the camera; predictive words in text messaging. Native health applications. I am sure there are more.

The ability to answer calls on devices that don't have cell coverage is kinda cool.