Question About Limelight for fellow Guitarists?

Virtualbob64

Hope I put this in the right spot.Anyway,I'm learniing Limelight,and I have a question for fellow Guitarists out there.In the prechorus when Alex plays the appreggio at the fourth,and sixth positions.How does he play the open B while he seems to be barring the fourth fret?Or is that how its played?Believe it or not I've got the whole song except that one part.Thanks!

Could you be a little more specific? What are the vocals during this part?

One thing he could be doing is also playing the B on the G string 4th fret, then playing the open B to get the ringing sound before fretting the note he needs on the B string. Or some combination of fretted B and open B.

• Like 2

If this is during "Living in the limelight, the universal dream" I hit the B as an open B before hitting C# on the G string.

Come to think of it this might answer your question: If there's a B note in that part of the song I always play it as the open B string.

If this is during "Living in the limelight, the universal dream" I hit the B as an open B before hitting C# on the G string.

Come to think of it this might answer your question: If there's a B note in that part of the song I always play it as the open B string.

I got that thanks.But that was my question.I'm barring the fourth fret with my ring finger on the sixth fret fifth string,and my pinky on the sixth fret third stringHow do I hit the open B string without maybe lifting the shape off?Yes,it is the Living in the limelight section.

I have my index finger bar only the top three strings. The B string rings loud and clear.

That's what I figured,I can't seem to do it though.I think that's how Alex does it too!Yesterday I tried just lifting my barring inger just in time to strike the B.Seems to work for me.mystery solved.Thanks Guys! :blush:

I suspect it has to do more with The Taylor and The JARG than the iCrap mic. :)

The Taylor for sure...the other part, not so much. :)

(Thanks just the same, though!)

As others have said, the key is to let the B string ring open for each chord shape. Here's what it looks like the way I play it:

http://youtu.be/VZ3VFVcFnbk

Make sure to watch the hamster Vs. Kobayashi video at the end of JARG's video.

It will help.

I personally think it deserves its own thread