NES-style remixes

antiquark

How about songs made on Mario Paint (a super Nintendo game)? So while it wasn't made on an NES, it's made on the console that came right after. Here are some of my favourites:

2112 (Overture/Temples):

Afterimage:

YYZ:

Dreamline:

• Like 2

The Xanadu one is awesome!!!

Oh, don't tell me that.... :( fists%20crying.gif

When I get rich my first order of business is to get you the most awesome computer and fastest internet speed available..... :) :rose: :cheers:
  • Like 1

These are cool, but a lot aren't really true 8-bit. They're just MP3's run through a filter program to assign 8-bit sfx to the instruments. I know because I have the same filter at home, it's fun to mess around with but it's not perfect.

To remake a song from scratch in 8-bit is a lot harder to accomplish. :codger:

• Like 1

These are cool, but a lot aren't really true 8-bit. They're just MP3's run through a filter program to assign 8-bit sfx to the instruments. I know because I have the same filter at home, it's fun to mess around with but it's not perfect.

To remake a song from scratch in 8-bit is a lot harder to accomplish. :codger:

Yeah. The vast majority of them are technically just chiptunes. The ones I posted are 16 bit (made on a SNES).

The tracks made for actual 8-bit consoles are incredibly impressive because you couldn't get 4 overlaying sounds in them. You couldn't even make percussive sounds in many cases.

I remember reading up on how the music was made for the original pokemon games on the first Game Boy which talked about how they made it sound like more was going on musically than they actually had to work with.

It's amazing that we got as many memorable tunes as we did when the technology was so limited and difficult to work with compared to composing with actual instruments.

This is massive 8-bit prog rock right here...check it out.

Compare the astounding sound quality accomplished here with those weak sounding Rush midi transfers posted above. Chiptunes were capable of amazing things despite their programming limitations.

• Like 1

This is massive 8-bit prog rock right here...check it out.

Compare the astounding sound quality accomplished here with those weak sounding Rush midi transfers posted above. Chiptunes were capable of amazing things despite their programming limitations.

Wow that actually was super prog. What an awesome song!