Best Beer Break Songs

savagegrace26

Unless it was an emergency, or if I had already seen Rush in concert many, many times, even if I disliked the song, I wouldn't leave. The joy of watching them would be enough for me.

Just sit through a bunch of S & A stuff like I did in 07' and you may feel the sudden urge to pee or buy a t-shirt.....

Sorry but I saw that tour and I would never have left for anything. I thought it was great. If I had known it was the last decent tour for Geddys voice, I would have gone to more shows.

That is what I heard. I think GM said the same thing.

I would even sit tight during any songs from Snakes.

Like I said, only in an absolute emergency would I leave during a Rush concert.

Um...Is there some other GM on the board? Because this one sure didn't say that! :LOL:

Wasn't it the Snakes & Arrows tour that you saw them for the first time?

Unless it was an emergency, or if I had already seen Rush in concert many, many times, even if I disliked the song, I wouldn't leave. The joy of watching them would be enough for me.

Just sit through a bunch of S & A stuff like I did in 07' and you may feel the sudden urge to pee or buy a t-shirt.....

Sorry but I saw that tour and I would never have left for anything. I thought it was great. If I had known it was the last decent tour for Geddys voice, I would have gone to more shows.

Um...Is there some other GM on the board? Because this one sure didn't say that! :LOL:

Yes, it was, but I certainly never said that it was the last good tour for his voice. I've loved his voice on every tour.

Yes, it was, but I certainly never said that it was the last good tour for his voice. I've loved his voice on every tour.

Yes, I know that, and that's not the part of what Eagle wrote that I had you in mind. Sorry. I should have clarified what I meant knowing that you can't read my mind. :)

I hate beer. I wouldn't take a break during a Rush show to buy that piss.

Though Mystic Rhythms and Turn the Page are perhaps annoying enough to make me consider taking such action.

:hail: :haz: :hail: :haz: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :haz:

Though Mystic Rhythms and Turn the Page are perhaps annoying enough to make me consider taking such action.

I remember a time when they didn't serve any kind of alcoholic refreshments at a concert. It still seems funny to me that you're allowed to have beer. :LOL:

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 1

Out of curiosity, what do they charge for it?

I forget but it's some ungodly amount. They also serve mixed drinks, which is weirder still. When I went to the Atlanta concert back in 2012 it was so damn cold that I got a rum and coke just to try and stay warm.

I remember a time when they didn't serve any kind of alcoholic refreshments at a concert. It still seems funny to me that you're allowed to have beer. :LOL:

Who is "they" and when was this time? I know that at Jones Beach, where they don't sell alcohol because it is considered a state park, the audience always sucks ass in the energy department.

Who is "they" and when was this time? I know that at Jones Beach, where they don't sell alcohol because it is considered a state park, the audience always sucks ass in the energy department.

Concert venues. The late 70s and early 80s when I went to most of my concerts.

Well,

Back in the day, you just snuck in what ever you wanted. :smoke: :hail: ect.. :LOL:

• Like 2

Well,

Back in the day, you just snuck in what ever you wanted. :smoke: :hail: ect.. :LOL:

That's true. I remember buying a water skin to sneak in under my clothes and putting wine in it. :LOL:

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 1

I paid like $140 for floor seats to their last show, which works out to like $5-6 a song. I'm not leaving to go get a small cup of overpriced, shitty beer.

Besides, I don't go to a concert to hear the songs I want (if that was the sole reason, I'd just make a playlist on my iPod), I go to watch them play and perform. In terms of actual "listening to music" conditions, stadium concerts are the absolute worst. Sound quality ranges from tolerable to awful, you're surrounded by obnoxious people, and your line of sight is rarely ideal. So the reason I go is to watch three people who are incredible at their craft perform, because it astounds me every time. In that sense every song is worth witnessing, and I would need to be ill or reeeeally need to piss to be forced to leave.

Edited by puffyshirt

Well,

That's true. There used to be a liquor store on 31st Street by Madison Square Garden that we would stop at. Bought the cheapest wine they had - Mad Dog! :laughing guy:

Those were the days when we had the freedom to do what we wanted.

• Like 2

Well,

That's true. I remember buying a water skin to sneak in under my clothes and putting wine in it. :LOL:

Oh yeah!!,

And you wonder why I never drink Southern Comfort any more. :LOL: :P

Edited by troutman

Well,

That's true. There used to be a liquor store on 31st Street by Madison Square Garden that we would stop at. Bought the cheapest wine they had - Mad Dog! :laughing guy:

And never had any second thoughts about it. :codger: :P

• Like 1

Well,

No Boones Farm Strawberry Hill? :LOL:

• Like 2

Well,

OMG!! :laughing guy:

Didn't they make 'Annie Green Springs as well? :LOL:

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

Well,

OMG!! :laughing guy:

Didn't they make 'Annie Green Springs as well? :LOL:

That doesn't ring a bell but they might have.

Out of curiosity, what do they charge for it?

arenas will charge you like, 9 bucks for a bud light or some insane shit

smaller venues have "cheap" beer (most folks drink 3 dollar pbr's from what I've seen) but still nowhere near as cheap as getting your shit beforehand and pregaming in the parking lot

I can't even legally buy my own shit inside the show anyway so yeah, definitely get your shit beforehand and chug it in the parking lot :sundog:

No. A bottle of MadDog was fifty cents. There was another one even more rancid tasting - Thunderbird - for the same bargain price. :LOL:

Ah, but nothing can beat the vileness that was, and still is, Richard's Wild Irish Rose!

No beer breaks during a Rush concert. Any beer drinking I'm associating with that will be pre or post concert, either at a meet up or tailgating, and I'm not drinking that overpriced slop water served at the venue. Sheesh!