I had a really bad Rush dream last night :(

fraroc

I had one last night.....It was NOT a good dream at all...And it might even make some people on this site cry. It was a very vivid and real dream....that you could swear was real life.

In my dream, Rush announced their new lineup and tour...It was going to be Alex Lifeson, Neil Peart, and a new bassist, keyboardist, and singer....Very handsome and muscular young dude with nice masculine looks, an amazing voice, and an EXTREMELY good bassist and keyboardist. You might be wondering at this point....What the hell happened to Geddy? Why is he not in Rush anymore? Why do they have a new singer/bassist/keyboardist after 41 years of being together?

Well.....in my dream, Geddy Lee was killed in a car accident a few days after Christmas in 2013...Originally, after that absolute tragedy took place, Rush was going to call it quits....but Alex decided to go on their 41st anniversary tour as a tribute to Ged...So they got this new guy in the band...

And suddenly fast forward to 2015...I go to one of their concerts at Nassau Coliseum...Musically, they sounded great, but anyone could tell that they were completely off without Ged....Alex did not do ONE funny thing the entire show. He just stood there in one spot with a sullen exp<b></b>ression on his face and played guitar, and Neil looked as miserable and haggard as could be.....The "new guy" did a great job getting the audience involved as he jumped around, took off his shirt, and multitasked between bass and keyboards and singing effortlessly....The opening song of the second set was Afterimage as a tribute to Geddy Lee....And that's when the entire f***ing arena started to cry as a montage of Geddy Lee photographs and video vingettes played across the screen...That whole song, Alex and Neil both had waterfall-like tears flowing from their eyes...It pained me so much to see them like this. Alex and Neil looked so...completely heartbroken and empty...They were full-on going through the motions the entire show....The new guy on the other hand looked like he wanted to have fun on stage, but him too looked majorly depressed at many points during the show...Fully cognizant of the fact that even though he can sing like him and play like him perfectly....

Nothing and no one can ever replace Geddy Lee.

I woke up from that dream at 5:00AM in tears....Because I literally thought it was real. I thought that Geddy had really died :( It wasn't until I checked his Wikipedia that I knew he was alive and well...

God, that was one awful dream...I hope I never, ever, ever, have it again....

Well that's the best laugh I've had all day! You are either a total drip or an affected attention whore.

Either way, still breastfeeding at your age will make you like this.

Did Spaghetti Lee just make another account?

• Like 2

Geddy began lecturing the audience on the finer points of evolution and string theory. And that is where that ended :eyeroll:. I woke up going, "Well, that was interesting..."

String theory and evolution? Hey, I would buy that album... I figure it would be called "Neil Unleashed!" :ebert: :Neil: :ebert:

• Like 1

What good would Rush be without the three?

It wouldn't be Rush.

If anything happened to any one of them, that - would - be - IT.

I am leaning the chops of all the bands material in case that day came true... I can play bass, guitar and drums and for the keyboards parts, we can program everything.

• Like 1

I had one last night.....It was NOT a good dream at all...And it might even make some people on this site cry. It was a very vivid and real dream....that you could swear was real life.

In my dream, Rush announced their new lineup and tour...It was going to be Alex Lifeson, Neil Peart, and a new bassist, keyboardist, and singer....Very handsome and muscular young dude with nice masculine looks, an amazing voice, and an EXTREMELY good bassist and keyboardist. You might be wondering at this point....What the hell happened to Geddy? Why is he not in Rush anymore? Why do they have a new singer/bassist/keyboardist after 41 years of being together?

Well.....in my dream, Geddy Lee was killed in a car accident a few days after Christmas in 2013...Originally, after that absolute tragedy took place, Rush was going to call it quits....but Alex decided to go on their 41st anniversary tour as a tribute to Ged...So they got this new guy in the band...

And suddenly fast forward to 2015...I go to one of their concerts at Nassau Coliseum...Musically, they sounded great, but anyone could tell that they were completely off without Ged....Alex did not do ONE funny thing the entire show. He just stood there in one spot with a sullen exp<b></b>ression on his face and played guitar, and Neil looked as miserable and haggard as could be.....The "new guy" did a great job getting the audience involved as he jumped around, took off his shirt, and multitasked between bass and keyboards and singing effortlessly....The opening song of the second set was Afterimage as a tribute to Geddy Lee....And that's when the entire f***ing arena started to cry as a montage of Geddy Lee photographs and video vingettes played across the screen...That whole song, Alex and Neil both had waterfall-like tears flowing from their eyes...It pained me so much to see them like this. Alex and Neil looked so...completely heartbroken and empty...They were full-on going through the motions the entire show....The new guy on the other hand looked like he wanted to have fun on stage, but him too looked majorly depressed at many points during the show...Fully cognizant of the fact that even though he can sing like him and play like him perfectly....

I woke up from that dream at 5:00AM in tears....Because I literally thought it was real. I thought that Geddy had really died :( It wasn't until I checked his Wikipedia that I knew he was alive and well...

Well that's the best laugh I've had all day! You are either a total drip or an affected attention whore.

Get over yourself you soppy tart.

I had a dream about Rush and Geddy wasn't there and I woke up crying...which are you, 9 or a Spaghetti Lee alter?

• Like 1

I've never had a dream about Rush. Bush on the other hand...

Maybe you would have been better off had your dreamed about Rush. Think of all the nightmares you would have been spared. :)

I've never had a dream about Rush either.

I had a dream about Rush and Geddy wasn't there and I woke up crying...which are you, 9 or a Spaghetti Lee alter?

You're a dick.

You're a dick.

You've just admitted crying over a dream about Rush, but I am a dick...

Umm, ok.

And suddenly fast forward to 2015...I go to one of their concerts at Nassau Coliseum...Musically, they sounded great, but anyone could tell that they were completely off without Ged....Alex did not do ONE funny thing the entire show. He just stood there in one spot with a sullen expression on his face and played guitar, and Neil looked as miserable and haggard as could be.....The "new guy" did a great job getting the audience involved as he jumped around, took off his shirt, and multitasked between bass and keyboards and singing effortlessly....The opening song of the second set was Afterimage as a tribute to Geddy Lee....And that's when the entire f***ing arena started to cry as a montage of Geddy Lee photographs and video vingettes played across the screen...That whole song, Alex and Neil both had waterfall-like tears flowing from their eyes...It pained me so much to see them like this. Alex and Neil looked so...completely heartbroken and empty...They were full-on going through the motions the entire show....The new guy on the other hand looked like he wanted to have fun on stage, but him too looked majorly depressed at many points during the show...Fully cognizant of the fact that even though he can sing like him and play like him perfectly....

Christ on a bike :facepalm:

You're a dick.

Umm, ok.

It's a sad f***ing dream. What the f**k do you expect me to do?

I mean Jesus Christ I have a dream Geddy f***ing died, what do you want me to do, be HAPPY?

Edited by fraroc
  • Like 1

You're a dick.

Umm, ok.

Your heart is a void.

Sorry, but we've known that from day 1.
  • Like 1

And suddenly fast forward to 2015...I go to one of their concerts at Nassau Coliseum...Musically, they sounded great, but anyone could tell that they were completely off without Ged....Alex did not do ONE funny thing the entire show. He just stood there in one spot with a sullen expression on his face and played guitar, and Neil looked as miserable and haggard as could be.....The "new guy" did a great job getting the audience involved as he jumped around, took off his shirt, and multitasked between bass and keyboards and singing effortlessly....The opening song of the second set was Afterimage as a tribute to Geddy Lee....And that's when the entire f***ing arena started to cry as a montage of Geddy Lee photographs and video vingettes played across the screen...That whole song, Alex and Neil both had waterfall-like tears flowing from their eyes...It pained me so much to see them like this. Alex and Neil looked so...completely heartbroken and empty...They were full-on going through the motions the entire show....The new guy on the other hand looked like he wanted to have fun on stage, but him too looked majorly depressed at many points during the show...Fully cognizant of the fact that even though he can sing like him and play like him perfectly....

You're a dick.

Umm, ok.

Your heart is a void.

Sorry, but we've known that from day 1.

Just a tip, guys: I now have a Post-It Note for TRF that I've labeled, "Do-Not-Respond List". So far I have three people on it, but I'll probably have enough for a phone book at some point. Just. Saying. Edited by ThatLightInYourEyes

and the guy taking his shirt off on stage, pretending to be geddy...but he's too depressed? what??

this is bullshit :D :laughing guy:

As long as you are entertained its all good..... :cheers: :)

You guys are are assholes, so I guess I'm stuck here.

Focus on the 10% will ya.. Where's that light in yours eyes? :)

• Like 1