The Necromancer on next Tour?

Bigbobby10

The Necromancer is one of the few songs I utterly despise. Luckily, none of my bottom three songs have much of a chance of ever seeing the light of day again.

You should get banned for hating Necromancer AND Hemisphere's :P

:LOL: You're not getting rid of me THAT easy. :P

• Like 1

I will probably get flamed for this but if you want classic rush you're better off going to a lotus land show.

No, you're right. Rush isn't exactly a "remember when" band. They're always looking to do something new, and they don't necessarily care how much the fans want something to be played. (They do care, but ultimately it's the band's decision, not ours.) We can dream and speculate all we want, as I often do, but ultimately we aren't the ones who decide what we will or will not hear in a given concert. That being said, The Necromancer has little chance of being played because of the high vocals, which, as we all know, Geddy can't sing anymore.

• Like 1

I will probably get flamed for this but if you want classic rush you're better off going to a lotus land show.

No, you're right. Rush isn't exactly a "remember when" band. They're always looking to do something new, and they don't necessarily care how much the fans want something to be played. (They do care, but ultimately it's the band's decision, not ours.) We can dream and speculate all we want, as I often do, but ultimately we aren't the ones who decide what we will or will not hear in a given concert. That being said, The Necromancer has little chance of being played because of the high vocals, which, as we all know, Geddy can't sing anymore.

unfortunately this is probably the truth so I'm ok with that! except the part where Geddy can't sing anymore!!!

Edited by R2U1S1H2

unfortunately this is probably the truth so I'm ok with that! except the part where Geddy can't sing anymore!!!

I think you're taking that out of context. :)

• Like 1

Necromancer has been one of my favorite tunes from early Rush. Once upon a time I would have wanted nothing more than to see them do this live. They have changed direction to the point that I can't picture them playing it. I would still welcome part or all of it though. We're I a betting man I would have to be against it though.
  • Like 1

If you look at the theme of the live releases there is always something new in the set list to keep the DVDs/bluray releases interesting. Who knows what the next tour will bring?

Full tune will never happen.. Only (remote) possibility is them tearing into an instrumental breakdown as part of an encore medley (see the 77 DC Lisner Aud show for reference... or the post on page 4). Edited by greg2112

I think you're taking that out of context. :)

Ya I was, I think he, and the band could get it done though, it would be cool if they did all their story songs!!

How about "The Necromancer?"

"We are men from Willowdale." Yeah, I don't know. Same thing. That whole Caress of Steel period is stuck in a strange and funny moment in our history. I really don't know how that would stand the test of time.

I think something like this is very possible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJyX6izCL6o

Ged could sing the first and third parts of the Necromancer, but not the second. Also, if you have By-Tor as a good guy and a bad guy in the same song, the universe explodes.

:laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

• Like 1

I can name two reasons Neil wouldn't let this song get played:

1- "only their thirst for freedom gives them hunger for vengeance..."

2- "Silence shroud the forest, As the birds announce the dawn"