The Necromancer on next Tour?

Bigbobby10

I think we should be grateful if we even get another tour. Who really cares what they play as long as they're touring?

I'd rather have new material than another tour!

• Like 1

I think we should be grateful if we even get another tour. Who really cares what they play as long as they're touring?

I'd rather have new material than another tour!

Well sure, but I was just commenting on the fact that people were complaining about which songs they should play. If they do tour, I don't care what they play. I'll be happy to see them again.

• Like 1

So are the people who complain that they dont play their older songs the same ones who complain about how his voice is now? If so thats a huge contradiction.

Not me. I know what it would sound like if he tried to do most of their older stuff. I'd rather remember them when he could sing them.

• Like 1

I would love it...no doubt. But I'm pretty sure there is almost a zero percent chance of this being played.

Although CoS seems to be well-received by the hardcore fans, the Boys themselves, are NOT fans of CoS. I think they still look at the album as they did in 1975...the album that was poorly received and almost destroyed their career.

I'm not sure if they realize how much most of us enjoy it...I think they still see it as "poorly received" as it was during its release, to be honest.

Couple that in with the "out of range" vocals and the length of the song...and I find it extremely unlikely that we will see this masterpiece sadly. :(

• Like 1

I would love it...no doubt. But I'm pretty sure there is almost a zero percent chance of this being played.

Although CoS seems to be well-received by the hardcore fans, the Boys themselves, are NOT fans of CoS. I think they still look at the album as they did in 1975...the album that was poorly received and almost destroyed their career.

I'm not sure if they realize how much most of us enjoy it...I think they still see it as "poorly received" as it was during its release, to be honest.

Couple that in with the "out of range" vocals and the length of the song...and I find it extremely unlikely that we will see this masterpiece sadly. :(

Even if we just got the instrumental part of section 2 of the song, I'd flip my shit in excitement.

• Like 2

Even if we just got the instrumental part of section 2 of the song, I'd flip my shit in excitement.

Absolutely agree. I remember saying that before the last tour...I feel if they could just play "Under The Shadow"...Alex could shred and it would go over great with the audience! One of the heaviest pieces they've ever done. :haz:

• Like 3

I was thinking about it, and this would be a good 70's song they could do live!

Whats do you guys think?

I listened to "Caress Of Steel" twice today." One of the greatest album on the earth. I kept your thread in mind while listening to "The Necromancer.."

God, the song never gets old. It's a think of beauty!

The boys could surely play this thing but sadly I also believe that Geddy's voice won't be able to do it.

Unless they tune way down.

It would be a dream come true.

I would rather here "The Necromancer" than "Jacob's Ladder." Why everyone on this Forum wants that one played so bad remains a mystery to me!

I would rather hear all of "Red Lenses" with a Neil drum solo in the middle!

• Like 3

I was thinking about it, and this would be a good 70's song they could do live!

Whats do you guys think?

I listened to "Caress Of Steel" twice today." One of the greatest album on the earth. I kept your thread in mind while listening to "The Necromancer.."

God, the song never gets old. It's a think of beauty!

The boys could surely play this thing but sadly I also believe that Geddy's voice won't be able to do it.

Unless they tune way down.

It would be a dream come true.

I would rather here "The Necromancer" than "Jacob's Ladder." Why everyone on this Forum wants that one played so bad remains a mystery to me!

I would rather hear all of "Red Lenses" with a Neil drum solo in the middle!

You had me till "Red Lenses".

• Like 2

I would be ecstatic if they played just the instrumental excerpt of Necromancer between about 6:36 and 8:43. The riff is monstrous at that point, and the big pause followed by Alex's absolutely rip roaring shredfest.

They actually did something like this on the Farewell to Kings tour, where they hastily added that in immediately after ByTor and the Snowdog. (see video below, at 12:30)

http://youtu.be/CZS82iWQ-X8

And i seriously doubt they'd do any part of that song that has the vocals.

+1 for Jacob's ladder though and it seems way more likely than this one.

Edited by maxdistortion
  • Like 6

I highly doubt it. It's a wonderful song but it's out of Geddy's vocal range. I'd be very shocked if they played the full thing but less shocked if they played a portion of it.

I don't see how its any more out of his vocal range than 2112.

I highly doubt it. It's a wonderful song but it's out of Geddy's vocal range. I'd be very shocked if they played the full thing but less shocked if they played a portion of it.

Thats what I thought, but 2112 was always a fan favorite, thats probably the only reason why they play it still

Thats what I thought, but 2112 was always a fan favorite, thats probably the only reason why they play it still

yeah, 2112 is way more popular.

Although I agree that the stuff in the 70s may be hard for geddy to get now a days, but lets be honest they are musicians take some time and learn to play those songs in a different key. I absolutely love the necromancer, and the fountain of lamneth, and would be in heaven if I heard those songs live! It almost doesn't matter to me how good he sounds, we'll all help him sing anyways!

"You can only grow the way the wind blows!"

I know that's from S&A but it's why I got on right now!

• Like 2

Although I agree that the stuff in the 70s may be hard for geddy to get now a days, but lets be honest they are musicians take some time and learn to play those songs in a different key. I absolutely love the necromancer, and the fountain of lamneth, and would be in heaven if I heard those songs live! It almost doesn't matter to me how good he sounds, we'll all help him sing anyways!

I don't think they would play it even if Geddy could sing it. They just don't really seem to care for that era anymore

I don't think they would play it even if Geddy could sing it. They just don't really seem to care for that era anymore

They don't like to play anything from 70s, except 2112. I hope next tour they will play more 70s

• Like 1

They don't like to play anything from 70s, except 2112. I hope next tour they will play more 70s

Yeah I'm with you there! But I think The Necromancer is one of the least likely options

Yeah I'm with you there! But I think The Necromancer is one of the least likely options

I wish I could disagree

• Like 2

so if The Necromancer is out then so you would think The Fountain of Lamneth would be too.

I want to hear Didacts and Narpets and No one at the Bridge live ok I'm not going to lie Do It Allllll!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry got excited there

• Like 1

The Necromancer is one of the few songs I utterly despise. Luckily, none of my bottom three songs have much of a chance of ever seeing the light of day again.