The Necromancer on next Tour?

Bigbobby10

I highly doubt it. It's a wonderful song but it's out of Geddy's vocal range. I'd be very shocked if they played the full thing but less shocked if they played a portion of it.
  • Like 3

It'd be nice if they pulled out some of the instrumental parts but as far as the entire song with vocals? They'd be much higher odds of them playing an encore like this:

The Speed of Love

Neurotica

Shut Up Shuttin' Up

Would be easier to get out of the parking lot.....
  • Like 3

It'd be nice if they pulled out some of the instrumental parts but as far as the entire song with vocals? They'd be much higher odds of them playing an encore like this:

The Speed of Love

Neurotica

Shut Up Shuttin' Up

Would be easier to get out of the parking lot.....

I don't think you've heard Shut Up Shuttin' Up. Could be a live masterpiece:

My son and I were in the area out in front of the arena in KC before the final show of the tour when this guy walked by with a t shirt referencing the song.

The front said something like "Think they'll play the Necromancer?" The back said "Nah, they never play the Necromancer"

• Like 2

Zero chance they play the full thing. It takes up too much time in the set and Geddy can't really sing it anymore. There's a reason they barely play any '70s material live anymore. Even back in 2007 when they played "Circumstances" and dropped it down a full octave, he still had trouble with it. They're smart to stick to the '80s era when they're picking deep cuts.

WITH THAT SAID: I'd be into an acoustic medley of "No One At the Bridge" --> "Bacchus Plateau" --> "Return of the Prince." I think that's something that could work and could actually be pulled off vocally.

Zero chance they play the full thing. It takes up too much time in the set and Geddy can't really sing it anymore. There's a reason they barely play any '70s material live anymore. Even back in 2007 when they played "Circumstances" and dropped it down a full octave, he still had trouble with it. They're smart to stick to the '80s era when they're picking deep cuts.

WITH THAT SAID: I'd be into an acoustic medley of "No One At the Bridge" --> "Bacchus Plateau" --> "Return of the Prince." I think that's something that could work and could actually be pulled off vocally.

You need that "metal" section of Under the Shadow with electric.

Edited by savagegrace26
  • Like 1

I would kill any one of you to see them play this live.

I actually think that the vocals in parts I and III are doable for Geddy, and only part II would be an issue. But there's only about 12 lines of lyrics in the song, so who gives a shit? This would basically be a cool instrumental that focuses on Alex, which is another reason those two other assholes won't let it happen.

I highly doubt it. It's a wonderful song but it's out of Geddy's vocal range. I'd be very shocked if they played the full thing but less shocked if they played a portion of it.

Ditto.

Thitto

Ditto.

Ditto +1

I wouldn't be shocked but I would be thrilled that we would get to hear any of it again.

• Like 1

Weird, personally I think Geddy had a lot more trouble singing Mission that tour than Circumstances. :huh:

• Like 1

I doubt that they would commit so much time in a concert to a song that is among one of the most divisive among Rush fans. Maybe they'll make a medley of 70's songs to rival the R30 overture, and include a snippet.

Also, Geddy would never strain his voice singing anything from the song, and if they were to play it, it would have to be tuned very far down and the song would lose any charm it still had

• Like 1

I doubt that they would commit so much time in a concert to a song that is among one of the most divisive among Rush fans. Maybe they'll make a medley of 70's songs to rival the R30 overture, and include a snippet.

Also, Geddy would never strain his voice singing anything from the song, and if they were to play it, it would have to be tuned very far down and the song would lose any charm it still had

if they tune it down enough it'd turn into doom metal right?

• Like 1