What is the most amazing fact about Rush?

antiquark

I think it's amazing that they are all such nice guys. Yes, even Neil; if you were to meet him at some diner on a little back road and make no mention of music I bet he'd love to shoot the sh*t with you.
  • Like 4

Just have a look around. Same guys 40 years later? Hard to fathom it seems in that or any other business for that matter....

And no botox or plastic surgery.

You didn't mention "hair club" or anything like that...... :D

No. No one is perfect. :cool:

I have noticed a change in both Geddy and Neil's teeth, if that counts. Geddy's orthodontics are almost unrecognizable compared to the early days, and Neil's grimace seems rather blinding in its whiteness. Maybe they were tired of Alex being the one with the cute smile. Go figure.

• Like 3

Flying the space shuttle. That was pretty kick-ass.

That wouldn't surprise me. As soon as they get Neil off of Mount Everest and rescue Alex from The Islamic Republic of Whateverstan, I'm sure they'll get to that one.

Just have a look around. Same guys 40 years later? Hard to fathom it seems in that or any other business for that matter....

I have noticed a change in both Geddy and Neil's teeth, if that counts. Geddy's orthodontics are almost unrecognizable compared to the early days, and Neil's grimace seems rather blinding in its whiteness. Maybe they were tired of Alex being the one with the cute smile. Go figure.

Except that Geddy lost the gap between his front teeth. I think Alex's teeth/smile was much cuter before his Chiclet tooth transformation.

• Like 1

Except that Geddy lost the gap between his front teeth. I think Alex's teeth/smile was much cuter before his Chiclet tooth transformation.

Yeah, and I liked that gap, too. Why'd he have to do that? :(

• Like 1

It's just amazing we get new shit from them...........points there. Even if the end is drawing ever closer. it's still nice that they WANT to do this.

Mick

It's not just that we are getting new shit...what is amazing is that the new shit is of very high quality. Headlong Flight is bad ass! :haz:
  • Like 1

I think it's amazing that they are all such nice guys. Yes, even Neil; if you were to meet him at some diner on a little back road and make no mention of music I bet he'd love to shoot the sh*t with you.

:yes: Neil is far from a bad guy. Can't fault a man for wanting to meet people on his own terms.
  • Like 4

I've always been mildly amazed that Alex and Geddy continue living in their cold wintry hometown (Toronto), when most other musicians move to more balmy climes after they've made a few bucks.

I thought Alex lived in Florida?

I've always been mildly amazed that Alex and Geddy continue living in their cold wintry hometown (Toronto), when most other musicians move to more balmy climes after they've made a few bucks.

Yeah, I can't find a source on teh google, so I just deleted my comment. Not sure where they live!

Yeah, I can't find a source on teh google, so I just deleted my comment. Not sure where they live!

I thought he had a condo in Naples but still had a home in the Toronto area?

Who cares where he lives really? The important thing is that he is still alive. And has a good dentist. ;)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

i've always found it fascinating how they make such complex music (or at least it sounds complex to me) with only 3 people in the band
  • Like 4

Who cares where he lives really? The important thing is that he is still alive. And has a good dentist. ;)

I think he has the same dentist as Gary Busey.

The whole story behind 2112. They came off the "down the tubes" tour, broke and sleeping on couches straight into "f**k the world, we ain't changing!"

"Ok we'll start writing hits" .. And then side ONE is an angry 20 minute long sci-fi Prog masterpiece! Haha that never stops blowing my mind!

• Like 8

The whole story behind 2112. They came off the "down the tubes" tour, broke and sleeping on couches straight into "f**k the world, we ain't changing!"

"Ok we'll start writing hits" .. And then side ONE is an angry 20 minute long sci-fi Prog masterpiece! Haha that never stops blowing my mind!

That is what came to my mind, too. Fookin awesome! They have balls as big as church bells.

• Like 1

There a many, many amazing facts about these guys. But I think the one that stands supreme in my mind is this.... their stature in the industry today despite decades of being maligned, hated, and overall discounted -

Somehow, the vitriol didn't seem to phase them. They continued forward and were incredibly successful along the way. Aside from a few "are you kidding me, guys?" songs here and there, they essentially did it their way.... record companies, music critics, and Rolling Stone be damned!

But, despite the negativity...

Over the years, all those Rush fans who listened to the so-called "real rock fans" and "music experts" tell them their favorite band sucked sort of took over the world (how many Rush fans do you think write code for Google, for example!?), continued to love the band, and kept buying the albums, going to the shows, and guaranteed the band's relevance.

Over the years, even the most hardened of Rush haters eventually had to acknowledge the band for their longevity and independence.

Over the years, a number of musicians in groups that did have the attention and love of the industry (Rage Against the Machine, Soundgarden, Smashing Pumpkins, Metallica, among others) came out of the "Rush closet" and said, "Yes, this is a great band. They were very influential on me and my style."

So, yeah, over the years, the reality some of us knew all along finally hit the rest of the world.... Rush is an iconic band and deserves a place at the table of the "great ones". That's where they are now. They are the Roger Maris of Rock and Roll.

• Like 3

The most amazing fact about Rush is this: I have purchased and overplayed every single album they've released.

And let me tell 'ya......if I've purchased every single one of your albums, then you must be pretty good. ;) ;)