What is the most amazing fact about Rush?

antiquark

What do you think is the most amazing thing about Rush, in general?

I think it's that they're still producing good stuff, even at this late stage in their career. (YES I'M LOOKING AT YOU, CLOCKWORK ANGELS!).

A lot of other bands by this point turn into nostalgia bands, not producing anything new, just coasting on their hits from the past. (If they're still together.)

Edited by antiquark
  • Like 3

Most amazing to me is the fact they're Canadian. Just blown away something that awesome can come from freakin Canada!!

(sorry - had to... seeing where you're from. It's just a joke, please take no offense)

• Like 4

To me, the most amazing fact about them is that they never got carried away by the fame and glitz. If they did at any point, it was a passing phase. In short, despite forty years of fame, they have managed to keep their feet on the ground. Even if they weren't who they are (Rush), I would still like to have them as my friends because they have qualities about them that are endearing and that one would look for and treasure in a friend.
  • Like 10

Just have a look around. Same guys 40 years later? Hard to fathom it seems in that or any other business for that matter....
  • Like 3

Their diversity and ability to keep with the times. Rush IS variety.

They have so many completely different sounding songs and albums and yet always sound like Rush.

Who am I kidding? Lorraine nailed it. The fact that they have stayed grounded and been cool guys is such a good one.

Well done, Lorraine. Bravo. :clap:

• Like 5

Just have a look around. Same guys 40 years later? Hard to fathom it seems in that or any other business for that matter....

And no botox or plastic surgery.

You didn't mention "hair club" or anything like that...... :D
  • Like 2

Their diversity and ability to keep with the times. Rush IS variety.

They have so many completely different sounding songs and albums and yet always sound like Rush.

Who am I kidding? Lorraine nailed it. The fact that they have stayed grounded and been cool guys is such a good one.

Well done, Lorraine. Bravo. :clap:

Is this when I make my speech? Is the mike on? :blah: :unsure:

• Like 2

To me, the most amazing fact about them is that they never got carried away by the fame and glitz. If they did at any point, it was a passing phase. In short, despite forty years of fame, they have managed to keep their feet on the ground. Even if they weren't who they are (Rush), I would still like to have them as my friends because they have qualities about them that are endearing and that one would look for and treasure in a friend.

:goodone:

• Like 1

Ged's bass humping......ya know.....when he REALLY gets into a song, lol.

Mick

I'll have to give that a try if I can find a bass somewhere. I am getting bored with routine.... ;)
  • Like 2

You didn't mention "hair club" or anything like that...... :D

At least they avoided the path Gene Simmons went down!

Really in our world of fake boobs, botox, make up, spanx (sp?), push up bras, high heels, false eyelashes, hair coloring, extensions... did I forget any? ... it's really not a big deal in my opinion.

Hell, I wish I could afford it. I could use some touch up work.

Lorraine, you nailed it exactly. They've stuck to their principles regardless of fad or pressure to do popular music. They have always done what they wanted to do. In a world where being stupid seems to be the cool thing, they have been a shining light of intelligent lyrics, (for the most part) and excellent musicianship. I can't think of any other bands who have consistently released such great music over such an extended time.
  • Like 2