RS: Rush to Release Massive R40 Live Box Set

ThatLightInYourEyes

Say what you want, but this is definitely a complete cash grab. Basically forcing fans to buy all those live releases AGAIN, just to get this rare bonus stuff. And I'm sure it won't be cheap.

Also...

"The three of us just had a meeting," guitarist Alex Lifeson told Rolling Stone in March. "We said, 'Let's not talk about anything band-wise for the next year. Let's separate ourselves and come back rejuvenated.' Unfortunately, the other people at that meeting didn't hear what we were talking about, so there are already plans being made for spring of 2015. It's going to be a 41st anniversary tour, or whatever they're going to call it."

Are they actually implying that their label guys decide whether they tour or not? I hope it's just their weird sense of humour again...

Say what you want, but this is definitely a complete cash grab. Basically forcing fans to buy all those live releases AGAIN, just to get this rare bonus stuff. And I'm sure it won't be cheap.

Also...

"The three of us just had a meeting," guitarist Alex Lifeson told Rolling Stone in March. "We said, 'Let's not talk about anything band-wise for the next year. Let's separate ourselves and come back rejuvenated.' Unfortunately, the other people at that meeting didn't hear what we were talking about, so there are already plans being made for spring of 2015. It's going to be a 41st anniversary tour, or whatever they're going to call it."

Are they actually implying that their label guys decide whether they tour or not? I hope it's just their weird sense of humour again...

Not forcing me. Everyone enjoy.... :)
  • Like 2

Bah...Blu-Ray. As I recall, Rio and R30 weren't recorded with good enough cameras for an HD release. To top it off it becomes a pain to rip the audio because so few people have access to a blu ray player on PC.

I already have Rio and Time Machine so I'm going to pass...but I would love to get my hands on that bonus disc for Lock and Key and the video of 2112.

Considering that this is $99 when the limited edition of Clockwork Angels Tour was of the same price and that had less content, the price point could've been worse if you ask me. I'm still on the fence about this...I'd want just for the bonus disc but aside from RiR, I also don't have TM:2011, S&A: Live on BluRay. If they sell this at Best Buy, I'd probably would buy this much later down the road.

Also...

I'm with you. How is this different from any other box set, compilation, etc. that has ever been released? We must remember that not everyone goes out and buys every single Rush item the second it goes on sale. For the more casual fan (those willing to to fork over $100 or so) that doesn't have everything the band ever put out - this would be a nice purchase.

I, myself, have most of this, but not on blu-ray. So I'm contemplating asking Santa....

Clem.

• Like 1

Bah...Blu-Ray. As I recall, Rio and R30 weren't recorded with good enough cameras for an HD release. To top it off it becomes a pain to rip the audio because so few people have access to a blu ray player on PC.

I already have Rio and Time Machine so I'm going to pass...but I would love to get my hands on that bonus disc for Lock and Key and the video of 2112.

Rio (aside from a couple angles) and R30 were shot with HD cameras and R30 has already been released on Blu-ray.

Edited by savagegrace26

Also...

I'm with you. How is this different from any other box set, compilation, etc. that has ever been released? We must remember that not everyone goes out and buys every single Rush item the second it goes on sale. For the more casual fan (those willing to to fork over $100 or so) that doesn't have everything the band ever put out - this would be a nice purchase.

I, myself, have most of this, but not on blu-ray. So I'm contemplating asking Santa....

Clem.

http://www.rushisaband.com/images/201211/2548.f.jpg
  • Like 2

I only own Rio so I must just be a casual fan. Or maybe I just wasn't interested in buying repetitive releases that I'd rarely watch.

I don't blame you for not owning the videos. I only have Rio because it was a gift and TM because that tour is special to me. Otherwise I want the audio a lot more than I want the videos, which I will likely only watch once or twice.

• Like 1

Not biting sorry......just for a bonus disc......nah. i'll borrow it off my uncle who told me he's buying.

Mick

Your uncle is a fan? Wow, you're lucky. The one rock fan uncle I have is a die-hard Beatles/Stones guy and Rush hater, and the other is a Classical listener whose recent troubles have gotten him into Christian Pop music.

Ugh, did I tell you guys I have issues? Like, what, 8,000 times already? Okay, just wondering. :eyeroll: :sigh:

I only own Rio so I must just be a casual fan. Or maybe I just wasn't interested in buying repetitive releases that I'd rarely watch.

I don't blame you for not owning the videos. I only have Rio because it was a gift and TM because that tour is special to me. Otherwise I want the audio a lot more than I want the videos, which I will likely only watch once or twice.

I'm the opposite. If you want me to buy a live recording, I want to actually see the band as well as hear them.

I'm curious about the two "previously unheard" I've Been Runnin' and The Loser. :unsure:

I don't know those songs. Maybe the full Laura Secord show?

ETA: Montreal '97 will be cool. Great tour.

Edited by CygnusGal
  • Like 2

I'm curious about the two "previously unheard" I've Been Runnin' and The Loser. :unsure:

We're getting the full Laura show, and we heard snippets of I've Been Runnin' on BTLS.

I'm the opposite. If you want me to buy a live recording, I want to actually see the band as well as hear them.

Especially if the sound is bad..... :huh:

We're getting the full Laura show, and we heard snippets of I've Been Runnin' on BTLS.

Yeah, I loved seeing Rutsey sing and talk to the audience on BTLS. Kind of a different vibe than our beloved Professor.

I'm totally psyched for Secord :haz:

Tasty chocolate too...

Yeah you're kinda right on that i suppose. I think the 2010 release of caravan/bu2b having more of an effect on me personally, it produced the biggest buzz by far in me compared to the album which i found slightly disappointing overall. I mean if you look at it from inception to present day is more like 5yrs :)

Anyway my personal point is i dont need new live dvds or even another tour right now id just love some new rush which keeps me goin every day for months or even years if its really good like VT.

I know this opinion varies among fans and good luck to ya and i know the band cant do stuff if they aint up for it and god knows they deserved to retire years ago but, i just expressing my strong personal need for a new rush studio album nuthin else :)

I would buy the bonus disc if it was sold separate. Not forking over that much money at this time.

Yeah I agree. If they actually included something significant that we haven't seen before to really make it worthwhile then maybe. As it is, how much do you want to bet the extras are on YouTube within a few days of this coming out.

• Like 1