RS: Rush to Release Massive R40 Live Box Set

ThatLightInYourEyes

Not forcing me. Everyone enjoy.... :)

I meant that, if you really want to (legally) get the bonus material, you are forced to buy this boxset.

How is this different from any other box set, compilation, etc. that has ever been released?

Big difference, because no other compilation/boxset ever had so much previously unreleased bonus material that you won't be able to get seperately (at least I highly doubt they would release such odd vault stuff seperately). In fact, the only other case I can think of are the 2 VT remixes on Retrospective 3, but that's just 2 tracks and a single CD. Plus you can download those seperately from iTunes if you want.

So yeah, a total cash grab. They know that most (or at least big part) of the fans want to have such rare old live stuff.

• Like 1

Meh,

If this disc where to have the full Live Hemispheres suite, then I'd think about buying it. I've heard so many awesome stories from fans at those times who got to here those songs live. For newer (younger) fans like me, it sucks so hard I'll never get to hear Hemisphere live.

I used to care about Rush live releases up to Rush In Rio. After that they started releasing them far too often for them to feel "special" anymore.

Every live release before RIR was a summation of an era and a signal that they were going to shift into a new musical direction. They represented something signifigant.

Now they're just live releases...

• Like 2

Say what you want, but this is definitely a complete cash grab. Basically forcing fans to buy all those live releases AGAIN, just to get this rare bonus stuff. And I'm sure it won't be cheap.

Also...

"The three of us just had a meeting," guitarist Alex Lifeson told Rolling Stone in March. "We said, 'Let's not talk about anything band-wise for the next year. Let's separate ourselves and come back rejuvenated.' Unfortunately, the other people at that meeting didn't hear what we were talking about, so there are already plans being made for spring of 2015. It's going to be a 41st anniversary tour, or whatever they're going to call it."

Are they actually implying that their label guys decide whether they tour or not? I hope it's just their weird sense of humour again...

I'm with you. How is this different from any other box set, compilation, etc. that has ever been released? We must remember that not everyone goes out and buys every single Rush item the second it goes on sale. For the more casual fan (those willing to to fork over $100 or so) that doesn't have everything the band ever put out - this would be a nice purchase.

I, myself, have most of this, but not on blu-ray. So I'm contemplating asking Santa....

Clem.

That's my main reason too. I have no Rush on blueray yet

Say what you want, but this is definitely a complete cash grab. Basically forcing fans to buy all those live releases AGAIN, just to get this rare bonus stuff. And I'm sure it won't be cheap.

Also...

"The three of us just had a meeting," guitarist Alex Lifeson told Rolling Stone in March. "We said, 'Let's not talk about anything band-wise for the next year. Let's separate ourselves and come back rejuvenated.' Unfortunately, the other people at that meeting didn't hear what we were talking about, so there are already plans being made for spring of 2015. It's going to be a 41st anniversary tour, or whatever they're going to call it."

Are they actually implying that their label guys decide whether they tour or not? I hope it's just their weird sense of humour again...

I'm with you. How is this different from any other box set, compilation, etc. that has ever been released? We must remember that not everyone goes out and buys every single Rush item the second it goes on sale. For the more casual fan (those willing to to fork over $100 or so) that doesn't have everything the band ever put out - this would be a nice purchase.

I, myself, have most of this, but not on blu-ray. So I'm contemplating asking Santa....

Clem.

I don't even have a player...... :codger:
  • Like 2

I used to care about Rush live releases up to Rush In Rio. After that they started releasing them far too often for them to feel "special" anymore.

Every live release before RIR was a summation of an era and a signal that they were going to shift into a new musical direction. They represented something signifigant.

I feel the opposite way. I wish that they had released a full concert DVD/CD for every tour, and not just the "greatest hits" from an era. So many live songs that aren't available in high quality were left on the cutting room floor.

• Like 1

I feel the opposite way. I wish that they had released a full concert DVD/CD for every tour, and not just the "greatest hits" from an era. So many live songs that aren't available in high quality were left on the cutting room floor.

I see that and agree with it to an extent. A release from every tour would be nice (even retroactively) but again when flooded with these releases it just doesn't feel as special as it once did.

Also...

Clem.

I'm not a technology whore either but I did scrape together $200 for a playstation 3 so I could play GTA5 AND watch Rush blue rays! Going to give all the DVDs to my bro who got me into Rush decades ago. He never buys anything! Triple win! :)

Edited by MMCXII

Also...

Clem.

I'm not a technology whore either but I did scrape together $200 on a playstation 3 so I could play GTA5 AND watch Rush blue rays :D

I borrowed my sons girlfriends Playstation to watch CA once..... So sad

Also...

Clem.

I'm not a technology whore either but I did scrape together $200 on a playstation 3 so I could play GTA5 AND watch Rush blue rays :D

Quote me before I edit will ya..!

Pretty fast for an old school guy haha

• Like 1

Also...

Clem.

Quote me before I edit will ya..!

Pretty fast for an old school guy haha

I hate when that happens..... :LOL:
  • Like 1

I agree.

Also...

Clem.

What's a playstation?

• Like 2

Also...

Clem.

I bought Time Machine on Blu-ray. What a waste of format.

I see that and agree with it to an extent. A release from every tour would be nice (even retroactively) but again when flooded with these releases it just doesn't feel as special as it once did.

Yeah, I can see that. When you do something four times as often as you used to, it doesn't feel as special. What really kills me is even when they did it once every four years, they still didn't give us the entire concerts.

Also...

Clem.

What?! Really? Why?

Also...

Clem.

What's a playstation?

Its a thing to play games on. I have never owned one. Atari was probably the last system of that sort I ever had. Just never interested....

Also...

Clem.

What?! Really? Why?

Because the editing sucks. It's enough to give an epileptic a seizure.

Also...

Clem.

What?! Really? Why?

I thought it sucked on Clockwork Angels?.....
  • Like 1

Also...

Clem.

What?! Really? Why?

Oops my mistake! That's what I meant. :LOL: Time Machine is okay. I do have it on Blu-ray though. It's pretty good.

• Like 1

Also...

Clem.

What?! Really? Why?

Oops my mistake! That's what I meant. :LOL: Time Machine is okay. I do have it on Blu-ray though. It's pretty good.

:LOL: