Nats manager on local sports show...Tom Sawyer for "walk up" music.

Maverick

Every Wednesday at 8 a.m., Washington Nationals manager, Matt Williams appears on The Junkies, a local morning sports talk show. When the Junkies have a regular guest like that, the give them the opportunity to choose their intro, or "walk up," music at the beginning of their segment. I've caught the show the last two Wednesdays, and William's walk up music has been the beginning of Tom Sawyer. I don't know if he chose it, himself, or said he didn't care. But Rush usually makes several appearances a week on the Junkies as bumper music. Usually it is TS, Freewill, or even TSoR. And these guys hawk Rush every time they come to play in DC, but they are not really huge fans. I think it is probably more their show's producer who is most responsible for the Rush props.

Thankfully, Williams did have a say in the song that the Junkies will use to introduce him every week.

[...]

“There was a time back in the day, when I was playing, that they asked me to have a walk-up song. I told them, ‘I don’t need no stinkin’ walk-up song. Play the organ; I don’t care.’ But one of my teammates chose a walk-up song for me, so I probably have to go with that, and that’s ‘Tom Sawyer’ by Rush.”

http://www.washingto...ournament-pool/

Williams initially refused to choose a walk-up song in his playing days when that concept was brand new, saying that he didn't need one. Eventually, when team staffers persisted, Williams let teammate David Dellucci to pick his song for him - "Tom Sawyer," by Rush.

http://www.masnsport...g-machines.html

Looks like David Dellucci deserves the credit here. :)