Pick your favorite

savagegrace26

Pick your favorite  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your favorite

I once considered Neurotica to be the worst Rush song

I once considered Face Up to be the worst Rush song

I now consider The Speed of Love to be the undisputed worst Rush song

You Bet Your Life is forgettable but pleasant. I guess I'll go with that.

• Like 2

I still tend to get the bad ones mixed up with each other because I usually skip over the ones I know I don't like. Let's see, I guess I'll have to put myself through this if I want to participate fully...

AFTER LISTENING:

Face Up: Dated instrumentals and unconvincing lyrics; probably trying to sound more pop -- which Rush should NEVER do. Still, kind of a toe-tapper and not that cringeworthy.

Neurotica: Horrible lyrics, far worse than "Dog Years". Seriously, Neil, stop trying to sound street smart. Instrumentals don't help, either.

You Bet Your Life: Another toe-tapper, at least until the "odds get even" part. Again, trying too hard to be what they're not and probably shouldn't be. Still, I actually like those verses sung in electronic harmony. Probably the one I like the best out of the three.

Well, there's my choice. Bottom line? Be yourself, Rush. Please.

EDIT: Whoops, voted for my least favorite by accident. Sorry, but that was just bad.

Edited by ThatLightInYourEyes
  • Like 1

The "street smart" comment is pretty apt IMO: that seems to be what he was trying to accomplish on Face Up and Neurotica, and also Big Wheel, and none of them turned out remotely well. RTB may be the album that had them most leaning toward "pop-rock"; at least Presto's lyrics were free of those kinds of disgraces (apart from War Paint)...
  • Like 1

These are just the baddest of the bad.

You know when people say "but Rush at their worst is still better than most bands at their best", well sorry to upset everybody, but that is a load of codswallop.

These three songs are absolute trash! I really despise them, and when was the last time you heard me skank off about anything Rush releated like this?

Never.

Sorry this one is a draw. These are three of the worst songs I have ever heard from a band I love, and any band at their best whose finest songs rival the "greatness" of this tripe should be euthanased.

Immediately.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

I don't get the hate for Neurotica. I think it's a catchy tune. That's my choice by far. The other two I could live without.

I am sorry, but the word "erotica" just sounds revolting coming from Rush.

And that is sadly the best part of the song.

• Like 3

I don't get the hate for Neurotica. I think it's a catchy tune. That's my choice by far. The other two I could live without.

Again, trying too hard to be what they're not. Women do like them, but it's because they don't pull that stuff. And now, thanks to songs like that, we know why.

EDIT: Sorry, too harsh? :unsure:

Edited by ThatLightInYourEyes
  • Like 1

RTB was Rush trying to imitate where U2 were at that time. It's got some good tracks but the bad ones are very very bad; most of these are actually the most derivative songs on the album, especially Face Up and Big Wheel (I know you love this one Segue... sorry)

Again, trying too hard to be what they're not. Women do like them, but it's because they don't pull that stuff. And now, thanks to songs like that, we know why.

EDIT: Sorry, too harsh? :unsure:

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. The song is not really a sexual song, so what kind of stuff are you referring to?

RTB was Rush trying to imitate where U2 were at that time. It's got some good tracks but the bad ones are very very bad; most of these are actually the most derivative songs on the album, especially Face Up and Big Wheel (I know you love this one Segue... sorry)

My love for The Big Wheel is inexplicable. It reminds me of Cher, something I have said countless times on here, and yet its a big part of why I love it.

And I am not a Cher fan!

But I get the U2 vibe completely. It suits the songs, but not Rush in general, if that makes sense.

But right now I am going to say I think the winner here is You Bet Your Life. I do not know why but it kind of got under my skin tonight, I feel I am going to have to revisit it soon and see if its a grower...I hope it is. The more Rush to love, the better!

YBYL by default. All three are bottom ten, but nowhere near the excrement that is Half the World.

I wait every evening for you to show up on these threads. No joke. I saw some pick Face Up. I heard that on Pandora at the gym the other day and was shocked how sh*tty it was. The other two must really be bad. I have heard them all but am not expert on any of these I will admit.....
  • Like 2

YBYL by default. All three are bottom ten, but nowhere near the excrement that is Half the World.

I wait every evening for you to show up on these threads. No joke. I saw some pick Face Up. I heard that on Pandora at the gym the other day and was shocked how sh*tty it was. The other two must really be bad. I have heard them all but am not expert on any of these I will admit.....

If you threw an extra couple million into my 401k I could get here earlier in the day.

To not know these songs is to not hate them.

You just don't get it

SNAP

If you threw an extra couple million into my 401k I could get here earlier in the day.

To not know these songs is to not hate them.

No. By all means take care of you and yours first...... :codger: