The Official Speed Of Love Bashing Thread v.1

len(songs)

No song has caused as much endless debate as The Speed Of Love. With its "poor mans Bravado" riff, stereotypical Counterparts lyrics and unfortunate placement towards the middle of the album, it has polarized board members for months at a time. So, now I feel that we need a thread for bashing it. What do you find the most revolting (or enchanting) about TSOL? I'll start:

While all the lyrics pretty much suck, the worst one has got to be "At the speed of love, a radiance that travels". I mean, not only is the phrasing awkward, but it's not really saying anything while still managing to sound bad. Cringe-worthy even within the song. And don't even get me started about the "meaning".

It's one of the most deconstructed songs lyrically over at songmeanings.com:

General CommentI think that this song is talking about how fast it would take love to get to New York City from Chicago if it could only take one road, and a bottle of water

IronMetallidethon February 21, 2006 Link

General CommentIt's speaking about the power of love and its manifestations in almost many aspects of our lives!

rimastratocasteron March 01, 2013 Link

Edited by savagegrace26

If you're bashing it solely because of the lyrics, it's lost on me. Never paid attention to them.

I'm in the majority that thinks it's at the bottom of the list on the album, but I don't mind the song. It's not something I go out of my way to listen to but when it does pop up I never skip it.

Also, I think it's better than Bravado ;)

• Like 1

Well......"rubs hands together"

It's unbelievable . in that on your first listen.......you're like.......no they didn't just do that.......not MY Rush. So you listen again............MY GOD THEY DID!!!!!!!!!! Where's the oven!!!!!!

LOL

I said earlier. They just SOUND bored doing it. I could excuse it a little if they sold the song better. but even they sound completely uninterested in what they're putting down. So i can't buy it.

Horrid track.

Mick

• Like 1

If you're bashing it solely because of the lyrics, it's lost on me. Never paid attention to them.

I'm in the majority that thinks it's at the bottom of the list on the album, but I don't mind the song. It's not something I go out of my way to listen to but when it does pop up I never skip it.

I prefer Speed Of Love to anything on RTB or T4E.

• Like 1

Really? Even Dreamline? Driven? Those are both absolute classics (though honestly I like Time and Motion better). Are you saying you love TSOL that much?

• Like 1

Really? Even Dreamline? Driven? Those are both absolute classics (though honestly I like Time and Motion better). Are you saying you love TSOL that much?

Yup.

Yup.

Wow, jeez... :eyeroll:
  • Like 1

Yup.

I also think Cold Fire and Everyday Glory are 10/10's, and the two best Rush songs of the nineties.

My top five 90's Rush songs:

1. Everyday Glory

2. Cold Fire

3. Speed Of Love

4. Dreamline

5. Carve Away The Stone

Yup.

I also think Cold Fire and Everyday Glory are 10/10's, and the two best Rush songs of the nineties.

1. Everyday Glory

2. Cold Fire

3. Speed Of Love

4. Dreamline

5. Carve Away The Stone

1. Dreamline

2. Cut to the Chase

3. Leave That Thing Alone

4. Ghost of a Chance

5. Animate

6. Test for Echo

7. Nobody's Hero

8. Driven

9. Bravado

10. Totem

Yup.

1. Everyday Glory

2. Cold Fire

3. Speed Of Love

4. Dreamline

5. Carve Away The Stone

1. Dreamline

2. Cut to the Chase

4. Ghost of a Chance

5. Animate

6. Test for Echo

7. Nobody's Hero

8. Driven

9. Bravado

10. Totem

All those songs are good to great!

Alternately

1. Half The World

2. The Speed Of Love

3. Neurotica

4. Face Up

5. The Color Of Right

6. Stick It Out

7. You Bet Your Life

8. The Big Wheel

9. Dog Years

10. Cold Fire

The Color of Right and Cold Fire would be in my top 15 best from the 90s.

1. Dreamline

2. Cut to the Chase

4. Ghost of a Chance

5. Animate

6. Test for Echo

7. Nobody's Hero

8. Driven

9. Bravado

10. Totem

11. Between Sun & Moon

12. Cold Fire

13. Double Agent

14. The Color of Right

15. Where's My Thing?

16. Heresy

17. Time and Motion

18. Roll the Bones

19. Limbo

20. Stick It Out

21. The Big Wheel

---------------------------------------THE FINE LINE BETWEEN GOOD AND NOT SO GOOD

22. Virtuality

23. Alien Shore

24. Everyday Glory

25. Resist

26. Dog Years

27. Carve Away the Stone

28. Half the World

29. You Bet Your Life

30. Neurotica

31. Face Up

32.The Speed of Love

Edited by savagegrace26