U2 and Apple iCloud, You LOSE!!

Principled Man

You see, I had only two songs on my iPhone. So, when you force-fed the new (shitty) album from U2 onto my iPhone, you messed with the wrong guy.

Sure, you programmed the download so your shitty U2 songs can't be swiped away like other songs, but you still didn't get me. I deleted my ENTIRE music library, which consisted of two songs and your shitty U2 album.

My iPhone is FREE of your garbage! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-MwzvHCDgM5c/TpKZw05hB4I/AAAAAAAAAxE/EJ1XvVBLpTI/s1600/lol1.jpg

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 4

How did they force it on? I checked my music folder and there was an OPTION to download it from the cloud and I had a choice to download or not download. Is your phone set up to automatically download from cloud?

You can disable the auto download/sync. I have it specified that in settings that my music is unaffected by iCloud. I have notes and contacts backed up on iCloud but nothing else.

Joke's on you Apple. There wasn't any U2 in my library before, and there still won't be.

• Like 1

Yes, my "auto download" was on, but it is turned off now. :ebert: I never use my iPhone for music, so I rarely look at my Music app.

Apparently, U2 and Apple were hoping that everyone's auto downloads were on, so that the album got into as many iPhones as possible. Once the U2 songs are in, they can't be deleted like other songs in one's library. You can't do the simple swipe & delete maneuver.

This could go down as one of the worst marketing ploys ever. It's pissed off a LOT of people!

It doesn't matter if they forced the cure for cancer into everyone's phone. The moment you force people to do something they didn't approve of onto a device that was bought and paid for people are going to get pissed. You just don't do that.

You can't blame U2. They wanted to release a new album, and Apple said here, have 100 million dollars and we'll give your album to everybody. U2 would be dumb to turn down that offer. They get more than they would have made for a commercial release, and it has everybody talking about them.
  • Like 1

Trash-talking tech AND music? I'm in. :popcorn:

Seriously, though, that was a jerk move on the part of both U2 and Apple. I became bored of Bono some time ago anyway, but Steve Cook must be getting a s**t-ton of hate messages, threats, etc. Hopefully they won't do this again, because people are really sensitive about their music collections being messed with. :bitchslap:

• Like 1

Yes, my "auto download" was on, but it is turned off now. :ebert: I never use my iPhone for music, so I rarely look at my Music app.

Apparently, U2 and Apple were hoping that everyone's auto downloads were on, so that the album got into as many iPhones as possible. Once the U2 songs are in, they can't be deleted like other songs in one's library. You can't do the simple swipe & delete maneuver.

This could go down as one of the worst marketing ploys ever. It's pissed off a LOT of people!

Apple had me like:

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/amy_angry.gif

I couldn't believe all this horrible U2 music coming from my phone. It was awful. Bad move Apple.

• Like 1

I love the album. U2 continues to blaze

...without glory. After the first listen the album sounds like a big shit to me. I've played it after listening to Queen's debut and maybe that makes it even worse. I'll give it another go in the next days. For now, I miss the puke smiley.

• Like 1

...without glory. After the first listen the album sounds like a big shit to me. I've played it after listening to Queen's debut and maybe that makes it even worse. I'll give it another go in the next days. For now, I miss the puke smiley.

The big German calls out U2. I've enjoyed it so far. What's it missing Mike?

Balls. :D Maybe that changes, but so far :no: sorry.

After the first impression, which wasn't really one btw, it seems they gonna try (with the help of the big Apple) to infiltrate people with their Muzak.

As I said, I think I'm going to give it another chance in the next days but not tonight. You'll hear from me about it.

• Like 1

After the first impression, which wasn't really one btw, it seems they gonna try (with the help of the big Apple) to infiltrate people with their Muzak.

As I said, I think I'm going to give it another chance in the next days but not tonight. You'll hear from me about it.

For me, its a different sound for them...and that's Why I dig it. I've listened to it just once and wasn't very discerning about it. No balls? Sounds like the need Booujze to give 'em some. Worked with Rush

• Like 1

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/goose_trf/GrandpaGosselinLog_House_in_1920s2_zps5c18fa48.jpg

In his youth, my grandfather was lucky enough not to have to endure the horrors of the cloud and the auto download. He was too busy living literally in a hole in the ground while he spent the winter helping a Honyocker build a cabin.

• Like 2

P.S. "Honyocker" was a derogatory term used to described failed homesteaders. It eventually became the word "honky".

So that's where George Jefferson got that term. Sherman Hensley continues to amaze me years after his death

For me, its a different sound for them...and that's Why I dig it. I've listened to it just once and wasn't very discerning about it. No balls? Sounds like the need Booujze to give 'em some. Worked with Rush

Let's see if it ignites. :D

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/goose_trf/GrandpaGosselinLog_House_in_1920s2_zps5c18fa48.jpg

In his youth, my grandfather was lucky enough not to have to endure the horrors of the cloud and the auto download. He was too busy living literally in a hole in the ground while he spent the winter helping a Honyocker build a cabin.

Best story in this thread. :ebert: I'm sure they had better footgear back then, than those elf boots from the 80's.

• Like 1

Evolution of music sales:

1. Pay a lot

2. Pay a little

3. Pay anything

4. OK fine, just pay once a month

5. f**k you, now you own a U2 album

:LOL:

Somehow I didn't get the album, which suits me just fine, but I would have no idea how to set up my iphone to do so or not to do so. I haven't done anything to my music app so it much be at default.

Damn, I've really gone from a tech savvy guy to someone who gives up when he tries to use a TV remote :P

For now, I miss the puke smiley.

YES....the PUKE SMILEY! Bring back the PUKE SMILEY!!

The Petition has now begun!! :haz: :haz:

• Like 1

Kind of a first world problem / complaint. "I am so pissed off that they gave me a free album from a band I don't like. Now I have to delete it." If it is the issue that you have no control over what Apple did, then time to get rid of all of your smartphones etc. That is the world we live in.
  • Like 3