52 members have voted

1. 1. Which is it?

• Fragile
    • Going For The One
    • Close To The Edge
    • Tormato
    • The Yes Album
    • Other

I like their first two albums as well. Their song "Yesterday and Today" from the first album is a beautiful plaintive song which makes me think of autumn days. Their second album "Time and a Word" shows some major hammond organ playing by Tony Kaye.

It's hard to pick a fave Yes album. After Close to the Edge, the rest seem to be more on equal terms. I really like "Union" even though band members thought it was terrible. I have no problem with 90125 or Big Generator. Big Generator came out a couple of weeks after Hold Your Fire and Pink Floyd's "Momentary Lapse..." albums.

Tormato is a weird album and members have stated it lacked a clear direction. "Drama" is pretty average but probably at the bottom of my list.

A Tormato lover here. Its beautifully "weird" to me..... :)

yeah. I mean a song like "Arriving UFO" and all, LOL. "Circus of Heaven" is an interesting one and I know many Yes fans hate that one.

I like their first two albums as well. Their song "Yesterday and Today" from the first album is a beautiful plaintive song which makes me think of autumn days. Their second album "Time and a Word" shows some major hammond organ playing by Tony Kaye.

It's hard to pick a fave Yes album. After Close to the Edge, the rest seem to be more on equal terms. I really like "Union" even though band members thought it was terrible. I have no problem with 90125 or Big Generator. Big Generator came out a couple of weeks after Hold Your Fire and Pink Floyd's "Momentary Lapse..." albums.

Tormato is a weird album and members have stated it lacked a clear direction. "Drama" is pretty average but probably at the bottom of my list.

A Tormato lover here. Its beautifully "weird" to me..... :)

yeah. I mean a song like "Arriving UFO" and all, LOL. "Circus of Heaven" is an interesting one and I know many Yes fans hate that one.

Future Times Rejoice, Release Release and Madrigal are magic in my view.....

See?

You called it. To me its the difference between some really good music and a spiritual experience e.g. Awaken, Close To The Edge at least. I have been wrong before however.... :)

It's not a matter of being wrong or right. I like "old" Yes, but the songs on 90125 are tight and strong. Some of their earlier stuff can be self indulgent to my ears.

See?

You called it. To me its the difference between some really good music and a spiritual experience e.g. Awaken, Close To The Edge at least. I have been wrong before however.... :)

It's not a matter of being wrong or right. I like "old" Yes, but the songs on 90125 are tight and strong. Some of their earlier stuff can be self indulgent to my ears.

Fair enough.....

See?

Fair enough.....

It's why they make chocolate and vanilla Narp. Cheers.

• Like 1

Get ready for some heresy for a lot of Yes fans:

90125 by a wide margin.

I know a lot of people don't think that's Yes just as a lot of people don't think Hold Your Fire is Rush but I like it quite a bit (90125).

Why no love for Tales From Topographic Oceans?

Edited by Fordgalaxy
  • Like 1

For me 'The Yes Album' is THE Yes album!
  • Like 1

I'm a long time YES fan ... For me it's Fragile.

What a variety of songs !!!

South Side of the Sky is a masterpiece and this these lyrics !!! :mwah:

Dreamer easy in the chair that really fits you

90125 by a wide margin.

First off I love Yes. Second, you're from Boston and certainly not full of beans.

90125 is so listenable and progressive. Trevor Rabin gave this band something special at the time

• Like 2

90125 by a wide margin.

First off I love Yes. Second, you're from Boston and certainly not full of beans.

90125 is so listenable and progressive. Trevor Rabin gave this band something special at the time

Exactly. It's not like the album has power ballads on it. But it is accessible.

• Like 1

90125 by a wide margin.

Exactly. It's not like the album has power ballads on it. But it is accessible.

You got it Matlock

• Like 1

90125 by a wide margin.

Steve Howe is a good guitarist in his own right, no doubt. But it was very nice to see another face that was more of a rock guitarist than a classical or jazz guitarist like Howe. Rabin is the bomb, probably one of the finest musicians ever. Dude's been writing film scores. Props to him.

• Like 3