52 members have voted

1. 1. Which is it?

• Fragile
    • Going For The One
    • Close To The Edge
    • Tormato
    • The Yes Album
    • Other

Which is best? I will take Going For The One by a nose. Excellent mix of older early Yes and where they were headed in the 80's..... Edited by Narpski
  • Like 1

I put this in the wrong f**king place!! Damn it. If someone could move it I would appreciate it. Geez.... :smash:
  • Like 2

Close to the Edge :wub: . Just listening to it transports me to a world where everything looks like a Roger Dean landscape.

I'm going to have to listen to it now...

• Like 2

Close to the Edge. My fave section being "I Get Up, I Get Down". I can tell this inspired Rush such as the waterfall in 2112 and the birdsong in Xanadu. Structurally, I think "Hemispheres" is like Close to the Edge.

Edited by circumstantial tree
  • Like 2

Just for the record I realize again that I put this thread in the wrong place :wacko: It was my first poll ever and I lost my head momentarily...... :blink: But "Onward" we go anyway.... :madra:

I added The Yes Album to the poll. Only an idiot would have left it off to begin with. Not having my best day today...... :sigh:

Close To The Edge. Fragile has too much filler not-songs on it.

90125 has Changes, which may be my favorite Yes song.

Oh, I don't know. The album was meant to showcase solo work from each. Or at least each person having a "lead" role in a particular song. Love "Cans and Brahms" with Rick Wakeman.
  • Like 4

Close To The Edge. Fragile has too much filler not-songs on it.

90125 has Changes, which may be my favorite Yes song.

Oh, I don't know. The album was meant to showcase solo work from each. Or at least each person having a "lead" role in a particular song. Love "Cans and Brahms" with Rick Wakeman.

Yes, that's true, but for the sake of this poll I'd rather pick one that was full of actual songs instead of smaller solo pieces, even if those solo pieces on Fragile are good, which they are!

See?

You called it. To me its the difference between some really good music and a spiritual experience e.g. Awaken, Close To The Edge at least. I have been wrong before however.... :)

I like their first two albums as well. Their song "Yesterday and Today" from the first album is a beautiful plaintive song which makes me think of autumn days. Their second album "Time and a Word" shows some major hammond organ playing by Tony Kaye.

It's hard to pick a fave Yes album. After Close to the Edge, the rest seem to be more on equal terms. I really like "Union" even though band members thought it was terrible. I have no problem with 90125 or Big Generator. Big Generator came out a couple of weeks after Hold Your Fire and Pink Floyd's "Momentary Lapse..." albums.

Tormato is a weird album and members have stated it lacked a clear direction. "Drama" is pretty average but probably at the bottom of my list.

I like their first two albums as well. Their song "Yesterday and Today" from the first album is a beautiful plaintive song which makes me think of autumn days. Their second album "Time and a Word" shows some major hammond organ playing by Tony Kaye.

It's hard to pick a fave Yes album. After Close to the Edge, the rest seem to be more on equal terms. I really like "Union" even though band members thought it was terrible. I have no problem with 90125 or Big Generator. Big Generator came out a couple of weeks after Hold Your Fire and Pink Floyd's "Momentary Lapse..." albums.

Tormato is a weird album and members have stated it lacked a clear direction. "Drama" is pretty average but probably at the bottom of my list.

A Tormato lover here. Its beautifully "weird" to me..... :)
  • Like 1