U2's new album / Rush

lifeson90

the guys obviously given it a good listen, do you think it might spur them onto something hopefully? do you think it might even influence in any way? only askin as Al's almost certainly been influenced by The Edge at some point and wondering if just hearing the guy on this new album might be an inspiration

incidentally, one of the tracks 'this is where you can reach me now' is f*ckin brilliant but not entirely enamoured by the album as a whole yet, might change.

Edited by lifeson90

CA and SOI are 2 great late career efforts by established bands who had both seen the greater part of their previous decade or 2 characterized by mediocre studio efforts but consistently good live shows.

Lots of parallels, but i think that's what they are, parallels, i don't see any intersections any time soon.

the guys obviously given it a good listen, do you think it might spur them onto something hopefully? do you think it might even influence in any way? only askin as Al's almost certainly been influenced by The Edge at some point and wondering if just hearing the guy on this new album might be an inspiration

incidentally, one of the tracks 'this is where you can reach me now' is f*ckin brilliant but not entirely enamoured by the album as a whole yet, might change.

It is a Great track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O40Gf3tGsbA think that even treeduck may approve :smoke:

Edited by condemned2bfree
  • Like 2

I may be new here, but isn't this the Rush Forum? I have been on other boards, and usually there is another forum for other bands.

The topic is U2's new album / Rush. Gimme a spoiler - is anything in their new release related to Rush?

• Like 2

I may be new here, but isn't this the Rush Forum? I have been on other boards, and usually there is another forum for other bands.

The topic is U2's new album / Rush. Gimme a spoiler - is anything in their new release related to Rush?

Not a scrap!

New U2

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/fuckyou.jpg

Hey it's Bono's dad standing up for the new album

The album has still a chance in my book, but after the first 2 spins there's only one minor appeal and that's The Troubles. (U2's attempt, compared to The Garden) :LMAO: