how do you like your banana

Tom Sawyer

how do you like your banana  

15 members have voted

1. 1. how do you like your banana

• RIPE
    • GREEN
    • SOMEWHERE IN BETWEEN

Bananas are one of life's greatest delicacies. In pudding, ice cream, dipped in chocolate, dipped in honey yogurt or just plain.I just love bananas. It would be my choice if I could only have one fruit for the rest of my days..... :banana:
  • Like 3

After strawberries, bananas are the best fruit.

Definitely in between, but I've always classified ripe bananas as perfect yellow and ones with black on them over-ripe. Green bananas are gross, and over=-ripe they're just plain too mushy.

• Like 1

Bananas are one of life's greatest delicacies. In pudding, ice cream, dipped in chocolate, dipped in honey yogurt or just plain.I just love bananas. It would be my choice if I could only have one fruit for the rest of my days..... :banana:

Frozen banana encased in a chocolate shell is one of the best desserts ever created.

• Like 3

Definitely in between, but I've always classified ripe bananas as perfect yellow and ones with black on them over-ripe. Green bananas are gross, and over=-ripe they're just plain too mushy.

This sums up my own banana views well.

They're my favorite fruit by a mile, though there are many others that I also like.

Edited by Cyclonus X-1

I like mine in the trash. Outside, thankyouverymuch, because otherwise they freaking reek the place up.

I hate them almost as much as I hate eggs EXCEPT - my grandmother does have a banana bread recipe that I like. The banana essence is totally obliterated by the allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg.

I tried and tried to convince myself to like them. Nope, not happening. I just can't stand the taste or the mush, and all those stringy bits. < Shudder > . Yuk.

Edited by Mara
  • Like 1

I like mine in the trash.

:LOL:

Bananas, summer days... do you despise all that is pleasant in this world?

I tried and tried to convince myself to like them. Nope, not happening. I just can't stand the taste or the mush, and all those stringy bits. < Shudder > . Yuk.

You're going to ruin them for me too if you keep describing them as mush with stringy bits.

• Like 1

I like mine in the trash. Outside, thankyouverymuch, because otherwise they freaking reek the place up.

I hate them almost as much as I hate eggs EXCEPT - my grandmother does have a banana bread recipe that I like. The banana essence is totally obliterated by the allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg.

banana bread?

banana cream pie?

banana split?

bananarama?

http://youtu.be/NkcU2_Vs7Xw

Edited by Tom Sawyer

You're going to ruin them for me too if you keep describing them as mush with stringy bits.

So you don't think I'm an awful curmudgeon, I have a deep and abiding love for the following (not a complete list):

-Cherries (I love just about all fruit except bananas and any sort of melon, but if they weren't so expensive I could eat my weight in cherries)

-pretty fall days (and I don't even mind the leaves!)

-dogs

-Long hikes with dogs on pretty fall days, followed by a snack of cherries. Of course in the fall I have to settle for frozen ones, but those are good too. Especially on ice cream.

• Like 2

So you don't think I'm an awful curmudgeon, I have a deep and abiding love for the following (not a complete list):

-Cherries (I love just about all fruit except bananas and any sort of melon, but if they weren't so expensive I could eat my weight in cherries)

-pretty fall days (and I don't even mind the leaves!)

-dogs

-Long hikes with dogs on pretty fall days, followed by a snack of cherries. Of course in the fall I have to settle for frozen ones, but those are good too. Especially on ice cream.

Those are all great things. :notworthy:

(And fall kicks summer's ass for my money too. I just wish we actually had fall here in Minnesota instead of going from mosquito season straight into an ice age.)

No honey dews? :P

Perfect:

http://www.ilgiardinoitalianrestaurantblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/A-perfect-Banana-is-the-base-ingredient-of-the-BananaBomba-Dessert-the-exclusive-creation-of-Chef-Giulio-at-Il-Giardino-Italian-Resturant-in-Puerto-Jimeenz.jpg

Yep. Speckled. Yellow with little black dots. Thats when they are ready!!

90% yellow, 10% green. I'm really finicky when it comes to bananas. Too green and they are not sweet enough, once they get spots they taste funky. If you have a mostly yellow banana with no black spots, that's a treat!!!! :banana:
  • Like 2

Black, like my men

But I doubt soft and squishy enters into the equation as well. :LOL:

Soft and squishy doesn't enter anything.

• Like 4

Black, like my men

But I doubt soft and squishy enters into the equation as well. :LOL:

Soft and squishy doesn't enter anything.

Good point! :laughing guy:

• Like 1

Sort of in between. When I buy them I wil get varying degrees of ripeness so one is ready to eat immediately and others ripen over time.

Then there's plantains, big here in S FL,but you need to let those go from dark yellow to turning black before they ripen. Peel, slice and fry them to brown them and carmelize the sugars. That. with some ropa vieja and balck beans and rice, and I'm good to go.

Closer to green than "In between" based on the above criteria. Also, I only eat bananas directly out of the skin or in my mom's homemade ice cream. Don't like banana flavored candy, gum, pie, cake, in cereal or any other way.

Banana creme pie can be a good thing if it's made right. I make mean banana muffins and banana bread. But banana-flavored anything else just doesn't work.

• Like 2

Closer to green than "In between" based on the above criteria. Also, I only eat bananas directly out of the skin or in my mom's homemade ice cream. Don't like banana flavored candy, gum, pie, cake, in cereal or any other way.

Banana creme pie can be a good thing if it's made right. I make mean banana muffins and banana bread. But banana-flavored anything else just doesn't work.

These were disgusting...

now-later-banana-500x500.jpg