The Columbo thread

Your_Lion

One of the fun aspects of my road trip with The Lad so far has been our daily walks that inevitably end up with us stumbling across some odd remnant that looks like it would be used as a clue, prompting us to break into a Columbo routine.

"There's just one more thing..."

Edited by goose
  • Like 3

"There was no nickel!"

"Yeah but not fresh water, no chlorine in it..."

"You let him decant it?"

"Thats the sound of venetian blinds closing..."

"Look at the flag on that tugboat!"

"Ding-a-ling ice cream doesn't even have a route in this area.."

"'tisn't.."

"i have this poison ivy..."

"how many yards of material are missing?"

"does anyone have brown soles or brown shoes?"

Edited by lerxt1990
  • Like 2

After a bit of a break, I've continued my Columbo-athon from where I left off. Over the last few nights I've watched Double Exposure, Publish or Perish, Mind Over Mayhem, Swan Song and A Friend in Deed.

I think Publish or Perish has got one of my favourite alibi setups, with the killer framing himself for the crime, so that the Police can later clear him when the insurance call about the crash comes in. He may have gotten away with it, if he hadn't slipped up and said "those people in the car"

• Like 2

Continued with An Exercise in Fatality (the hospital scene were Columbo loses it with the killer is fantastic), Negative Reaction (features some of the funniest Columbo scenes, like where the Nun mistakes him for a tramp), By Dawn's Early Light, Troubled Waters and Playback.

Watching so much Columbo, I start to get suspicious at peoples behaviour. The other day, someone kept on mentioning the time...I started to think they were trying to establish an alibi http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/mad/mad0003.gif

• Like 3

Continued with An Exercise in Fatality (the hospital scene were Columbo loses it with the killer is fantastic), Negative Reaction (features some of the funniest Columbo scenes, like where the Nun mistakes him for a tramp), By Dawn's Early Light, Troubled Waters and Playback.

Watching so much Columbo, I start to get suspicious at peoples behaviour. The other day, someone kept on mentioning the time...I started to think they were trying to establish an alibi http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/mad/mad0003.gif

:LOL:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ar7_REq0mVs/U0Dh119jFxI/AAAAAAANUiE/4L8CWAPuGkI/s1600/Columbo-The_Conspirators-1978-VCSS1-558.jpg

I just watched and love this episode - The Conspirators - even though the murderer is just obviously involved a little too much. Excellent performances and scenes throughout from the main characters AND the bit players.

• Like 2

Finished re-watching all the 70's Columbos, and have moved on to the 80's and 90's Columbos. Next up is Death hits the Jackpot.

Love this statue in Budapest :LOL:

398px-G%C3%A9zaDezs%C5%91Fekete-Columbo.JPG

Edited by Your_Lion
  • Like 4

Awesome!

Spotted Johnny Cash in audience, completely unaware that Columbo was going to catch him a couple of years later

• Like 2

After a long Columbo hiatus I watched Death Lends A Hand. One of the best of the series and Robert Culp is always excellent in these.

:oops: dbl post

Edited by Babycat
  • Like 1

After a long Columbo hiatus I watched Death Lends A Hand. One of the best of the series and Robert Culp is always excellent in these.

I always love the part where they're showing off their security system, and expect the metal detector to go off when Columbo passes through, unaware that he doesn't carry a gun :LOL:
  • Like 4