The Columbo thread

Your_Lion

A Friend in Deed was on MeTV last night. It's an immensely entertaining episode. I don't think Columbo's tactics would hold up in the real world, but, boy oh boy, they sure make for entertaining television.

Columbo is one of the great all-time good guys.

Love, love. love this show.

I love the ending of that one. It's probably in my top 5 "gotcha" moments.

Yes. It's one of the most satisfying "gotcha" moments in the entire series.

I like how he was looking out for the burglar. "Hey, this isn't even my apartment!"

What a great show. Again, Columbo, one of the greatest good guys ever.

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 2

My sleep schedule is all mixed up and I'm up all night and Columbo comes on ME channel at 3 o'clock every morning, so I've caught quite a few lately. Such a great show. I noticed that another of my favourite shows, "Mink", patterned itself beautiful after it.

After watching Prescription: Murder a few weeks back, I decided to just keep going, watching them in order. Since then, I've watched Ransom for a Dead Man, Murder By the Book, Death Lends a Hand, Dead Weight, Suitable for Framing and Lady in Waiting.

Just getting set to watch Short Fuse and Blueprint for Murder, back to back

• Like 1

After watching Prescription: Murder a few weeks back, I decided to just keep going, watching them in order. Since then, I've watched Ransom for a Dead Man, Murder By the Book, Death Lends a Hand, Dead Weight, Suitable for Framing and Lady in Waiting.

Just getting set to watch Short Fuse and Blueprint for Murder, back to back

Death Lends A Hand is underrated. One of the best of the early crop for me.

• Like 1

A Deadly State of Mind (1975)

George Hamilton is easy to hate as the murderous psychiatrist. And the trap Columbo sets at the end is priceless.

• Like 1

A Friend in Deed was on MeTV last night. It's an immensely entertaining episode. I don't think Columbo's tactics would hold up in the real world, but, boy oh boy, they sure make for entertaining television.

Columbo is one of the great all-time good guys.

Love, love. love this show.

Watching this episode right now. Falk is so dang good!

"An Exercise in Fatality" on tap this evening. Robert Wagner plays a gym owner trying to get away with murder. What he fails to realize is that his short-shorts are the real crime.
  • Like 1

"An Exercise in Fatality" on tap this evening. Robert Wagner plays a gym owner trying to get away with murder. What he fails to realize is that his short-shorts are the real crime.

The short-shorts must be the reason that this is one of the few occasions Columbo loses his temper with the killer
  • Like 1

Isn't it Robert Conrad? #pendant :LOL:

Just watched Negative Reaction & Pescription:Murder. Both stone cold classics.

• Like 1

Isn't it Robert Conrad? #pendant :LOL:

Just watched Negative Reaction & Pescription:Murder. Both stone cold classics.

Yeah, Conrad...the battery on the shoulder guy. Wagner is Hart to Hart?

My Columbo-athon has continued. Since last time, I've watched Etude in Black, The Greenhouse Jungle, The Most Crucial Game, Dagger of the Mind and Requiem for a Falling Star

Nimoy is up next

• Like 1

My Columbo-athon has continued. Since last time, I've watched Etude in Black, The Greenhouse Jungle, The Most Crucial Game, Dagger of the Mind and Requiem for a Falling Star

Nimoy is up next

I watched the one with George Hamilton and the deadly cigarettes on Saturday, from 1991 I think it was. TV news star Hamilton kills his bitter rival after he threatens to expose his skin flick past.

• Like 2

I just saw "The Forgotten Lady" with Janet Leigh for the second time in the last few days. Great story line...sad ending. That Columbo is a good guy!

I love the ending of that one. A unique ending for a Columbo Edited by Your_Lion
  • Like 1

Watching "Negative Reaction", with a bearded Dick Van Dyke as a photographer that murders his wife. Dick's set this one up perfectly, and I think he just may get away with it. I'll keep you posted...

Watching "Negative Reaction", with a bearded Dick Van Dyke as a photographer that murders his wife. Dick's set this one up perfectly, and I think he just may get away with it. I'll keep you posted...

The nun at the shelter mistakes Colombo for a bum. Great scene! :LOL:
  • Like 1

The nun at the shelter mistakes Colombo for a bum. Great scene! :LOL:

One of the funniest scenes in Columbo for me. Then when he tells her he's a Cop, she figures he must be "undercover" :LOL:
  • Like 1

Suitable for Framing was on MeTV last night.

Another fun episode where the plausibility of the plot is rescued by great acting and a wonderful twist. Falk always pulls it off.

Damn, I love this show.

• Like 1

The Lad is really into Columbo these days. As a result, we've been on a marathon that has included these episodes:

"By Dawn's Early Light" - A cannon ("Big Thunder") mysteriously explodes, killing a visiting dignitary, all because a cadet left an oily rag in the barrel. Or did he...?

"Forgotten Lady" - With his wife's career fading, an aged actresses' husband commits suicide. Or was it murder...?

"Identity Crisis" - A CIA agent kills his confederate and covers it up perfectly. Well...almost!

So fun watching these with my son!

• Like 1

I just finished watching A Stitch in Crime on MeTV. Another wonderful episode. Nimoy was arrogantly perfect.

Great episode! Huge fan. I just watched Any Old Port IN a Storm for the 345,199th time.

Nimoy was an excellent bad guy!

Edited by lerxt1990
  • Like 2

I just watched Any Old Port IN a Storm for the 345,199th time.

I just watch Any Old Port in a Storm, too :cheers: According to Peter Falk, this was his favourite Columbo, mainly because he had such a good time working with Donald Pleasence. I can't help wondering if Columbo and the killer being so friendly in this one was inspired by how well the actors were getting on in real life.
  • Like 2

I just watched Any Old Port IN a Storm for the 345,199th time.

I just watch Any Old Port in a Storm, too :cheers: According to Peter Falk, this was his favourite Columbo, mainly because he had such a good time working with Donald Pleasence. I can't help wondering if Columbo and the killer being so friendly in this one was inspired by how well the actors were getting on in real life.

the scene of them in the restaurant is simply priceless... "this.. this.. LIQUID FILTH!"

• Like 2