The Columbo thread

Your_Lion

My brother came round last night, and he's been listening to a lot of Johnny Cash recently, so I put Swan Song on for him.

Watched The Most Crucial Game with my fave baddie Robert Culp. It's an excellent episode.

Then, coincidentally, I put this one on, too

• Like 1

Just watched Now You See Him. What a great episode. My favourite bit is when Columbo gets on stage with Santini & proves he can pick any lock with the handcuff trick.

"I knew you could do it."

Excellent.

That's my favourite episode. And I love that moment you mentioned. The knowing look Columbo gives him is brilliant, and Santini knows he's put his foot in it.

Watched An Exercise in Fatality last night. Another of the rare times Columbo loses his rag a bit with the killer. When he starts raising his voice while questioning him near the end. All the more effective because of how rare it happens.

I still always have to check my shoelaces every time I watch it :LOL:

• Like 1

Wanted to watch an episode today, so one thing led to another, and before I realized it, I've watched four of them. :)

Seems like I'm going for another (unintended) marathon...

By now...

Agenda For Murder - Rest In Peace, Mrs. Columbo - Uneasy Lies The Crown - Murder In Malibu

Next one will be...

Columbo Goes To College

• Like 2

Wanted to watch an episode today, so one thing led to another, and before I realized it, I've watched four of them. :)

Seems like I'm going for another (unintended) marathon...

By now...

Agenda For Murder - Rest In Peace, Mrs. Columbo - Uneasy Lies The Crown - Murder In Malibu

Next one will be...

Columbo Goes To College

College is one of my absolute favourites.

• Like 2

Watched Ashes to Ashes last night, the final one with Patrick Mcgoohan as the killer (although he still directed one more)

I small but interesting point I noticed: The scene where Columbo tells the killer about getting information from his cousin about the taxis. Earlier on we saw him get this information, and it certainly wasn't from his cousin. I thought this was a neat way of confirming that most times Columbo mentions anything about his family, that he's just making stuff up.

I thought that was a nice little touch.

Edited by Your_Lion
  • Like 1

Just watched Strange Bedfellows. A good episode from the later series. Rod Steiger & George Wendt are both great in this one.

That was a standout episode, for sure.

I have to watch it again in the near future, can't remember all the details right now.

Just watched Columbo Goes To College. This is easily one of my favourites. It's perfect. The two murderers put in an excellently convincing performance as entitled rich kids who think the world owes them a living. Their contempt for Columbo is their undoing.

Also a brilliant cameo by Robert Culp. He's always top notch in these.

• Like 1

Just watched Columbo Goes To College. This is easily one of my favourites. It's perfect. The two murderers put in an excellently convincing performance as entitled rich kids who think the world owes them a living. Their contempt for Columbo is their undoing.

Love it. All killers underestimate Columbo to some degree, but no-one underestimates him as much as these two. They really do think he's a bumbling fool. I love the scene where they're mimicking his mannerisms.

Most other killers catch on to how clever he is over the course of the story, but these two still have no clue right up to moment he gets them.

• Like 1

Love it. All killers underestimate Columbo to some degree, but no-one underestimates him as much as these two. They really do think he's a bumbling fool. I love the scene where they're mimicking his mannerisms.

Most other killers catch on to how clever he is over the course of the story, but these two still have no clue right up to moment he gets them.

You boys are official Columbo nerds
  • Like 2

This past weekend I watched "Prescription: Murder" and "Ransom for a Dead Man"

I do love Columbo..

are these the first two - i dont think ive seen either one! i watched any port in a storm again recently...

Yes. They are the two pilots. I pulled out my Columbo DVDs to watch them.

This past weekend I watched "Prescription: Murder" and "Ransom for a Dead Man"

I do love Columbo..

are these the first two - i dont think ive seen either one! i watched any port in a storm again recently...

Yes. They are the two pilots. I pulled out my Columbo DVDs to watch them.

I must see them...

Got a Columbo marathon lined up for the Easter holiday to consist of:

Murder In Malibu

Suitable For Framing(one of Lion's fave gotcha moments!)

Columbo Goes To College(one of my all-time faves)

Candidate For Crime

Prescription:Murder

Let the good times roll!

A good list, and a nice mixture or eras.

It's been a while since I put an episode on. I might have to remedy that.

I'll admit, with Murder in Malibu, I find some of the acting from the guest cast a bit soapy...but despite that, I enjoy this one, because it's got a nice deviation from the norm in the way the murder and investigation unfolds, leading the audience, and Columbo, to second guess who the killer actually is.

Watched Troubled Waters last night. My first Columbo for a while.

Nice guest cast in this one, with Robert Vaughn and Dean Stockwell. And Bernard Fox and Patrick Macnee lending a touch of class.

• Like 1

Had to have another. Put on Prescription: Murder, which I know is one of Turbine's favourites.

The scene between Columbo and the killer in the psychiatrist's office, right after he thinks he's got Columbo thrown off the case, still ranks as one of the best scenes in the whole run.

• Like 1

A Friend in Deed was on MeTV last night. It's an immensely entertaining episode. I don't think Columbo's tactics would hold up in the real world, but, boy oh boy, they sure make for entertaining television.

Columbo is one of the great all-time good guys.

Love, love. love this show.

• Like 2

A Friend in Deed was on MeTV last night. It's an immensely entertaining episode. I don't think Columbo's tactics would hold up in the real world, but, boy oh boy, they sure make for entertaining television.

Columbo is one of the great all-time good guys.

Love, love. love this show.

I love the ending of that one. It's probably in my top 5 "gotcha" moments.
  • Like 2