You heard it here first!! Rush playing CT...........

LocalsBandGuy

I don't care how Geddy sings the song. It is the music I want to hear. The most beautiful notes ever put together are in that song.

I'm praying that they play it again too. It's just so epic and we haven't heard it for a long time.

• Like 6

FOH Lights, do you know some crew members who have confirmed that they know nothing of a 2015 tour?

Yes. I haven't spoken to all of them, but as of a week ago, Jack, Howard, and even Donovan, had yet to hear anything. None of them seem too concerned about it, though. In typical Rush fashion, it'll happen when it happens.

• Like 5

FOH Lights, do you know some crew members who have confirmed that they know nothing of a 2015 tour?

As to the setlist idea, it would certainly be nice to have 8 songs that haven´t been played in quite a while, but I would be quite surprised if the 70´s were only represented by the 2112 Overture. I would more than gladly welcome Show Don´t Tell back, as I´ve really missed hearing that song. And Cut to the Chase would be a real treat. I guess after featuring so many tracks from Power Windows on the CT tour, they´ll be ignoring that album this time around.

And let me say once more that I would rather have a new album than a new tour. So there!

You're outvoted for sure. They'll tour - it keeps them fresh, is profitable and is a lot of fun (mostly).

Hope to see them next year!

• Like 3

Yes. I haven't spoken to all of them, but as of a week ago, Jack, Howard, and even Donovan, had yet to hear anything. None of them seem too concerned about it, though. In typical Rush fashion, it'll happen when it happens.

Would they tell you? Maybe they were told not to say anything until an official announcement is made?

I'm asking because it does worry me that we haven't heard a word yet.

Force Ten intro tops out at G4 I think. Not very high at all actually...

The one line in Marathon (that ends with "at a time") tops out at D5 I think; did he sing it that way on CAT? I'll have to check... He definitely struggled with it either way.

The one line in Marathon (that ends with "at a time") tops out at D5 I think; did he sing it that way on CAT? I'll have to check... He definitely struggled with it either way.

Do you mean the line "First you need endurance first you've got to last"?

They last played Marathon on the Time Machine Tour.

No. Last chorus. And sorry about the CAT thing, haven't listened to the recent live CDs in a while...

No. Last chorus. And sorry about the CAT thing, haven't listened to the recent live CDs in a while...

This is the chorus:

From first to last

The peak is never passed

Something always fires the light that gets in your eyes

One moment's high, and glory rolls on by

Like a streak of lightning

That flashes and fades in the summer sky

What is the opening vocal note on Force Ten? Does anyone here know?

Sounds like E4 or F4...

Is that high? I am asking because he had a hard time with those opening notes when he sang it on the CA tour.

I don't think it was so much the note that gave him trouble, he sang higher on other songs on the CA tour. Geddy just seems to have trouble with certain vowel sounds... Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch
  • Like 1

If this is the real setlist, or at least one of them (As you all know, they had different setlist every other day or so) then that means the earliest thing (with vocals) looks like The Spirit of Radio. I wonder if they will alternate the setlist and have older material on it.

Would they tell you? Maybe they were told not to say anything until an official announcement is made?

I'm asking because it does worry me that we haven't heard a word yet.

Of course they would. I'm a friend first and a Rush fan somewhere around 5th so, me leaking info when it's not supposed to be, isn't a concern.

I wouldn't worry too much - it's gonna happen.

• Like 3

only thing I notice about this set is that the fear series is included, but without freeze. Yet Alex said that freeze is his favorite part in an interview. I think that if they were to play the entire run of songs, they would get freeze in too.

I knew Alex was a funny guy, but that's his best joke ever!

Was the interview with Mike Myers, and did they go "fished in" after he said it?

Edited by laughedatbytime

I guess after featuring so many tracks from Power Windows on the CT tour, they´ll be ignoring that album this time around.

On given night, they 5 or 6 out of the 8 songs BUT they didn't do Marathon which has been a staple on previous tours.

I think that setlist has a Ghost of a Chance but it would work better like this:

One Little Victory

BU2B

Cut To The Chase

Emotion Detector

Workin Them Angels

Prime Mover

Malignant Narcissism w/ short drum solo

Show, Don't Tell

Driven (w Bass Solo)

Limelight

2112 Overture

The Enenmy Within

The Weapon

Witch Hunt

Freeze

Carnies

The Pass

Ghost of a Chance

Distant Early Warning

YYZ/Drum Solo#2 (acoustic & electronic)/Red Lenses (from drum break on)

Dreamline

New World Man

Tom Sawyer

Headlong Flight

La Villa Strangiato

Spirit Of Radio

And I still think the 2nd set is too weak. Anyway the setlist has a Ghost of a Chance of appearing regardless, I'm Pretty Sure they'd play Clockwork Angels & The Anarchist before BU2B & Carnies. I don't think they'd play The Pass at all this time out, if it does I'm taking a piss break. Actually thats not true, My bladder seems to shut down at RUSH concerts. I have a very cooperative Bladdder. Moving on, Emotion Detector has a very, Very small chance of making it onto any setlist and if they were going to drag out all the Fear songs, I think that they would include Freeze. Anyway, I welcome the tour news. Any news at this point would be great.

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

Anyway, considering that they might have most of the T4E songs on that R40 Blu-Ray Box Set, I don't think we should expect them to play them live anytime soon. I also think they will have at least 2 new songs and some kind of a major draw for the fans. 2015 would be the the 35th Anniversary of Pew And I do believe they might play it in its Entirety. This is what I'm hoping for:

Set 1:

Far Cry

Caravan

Driven (w Bass Solo)

New Rush Song

Cut to the Chase

Chain Lightning / Open Secrets

Mal-Nar Drum Solo#1

Show Don't Tell

Clockwork Angels

2112 O/T/F

Set 2:

The Spirit of Radio

Freewill

Jacobs Ladder

Entre Nous

Different Strings (Extended Outro Solo)

Natural Science

2nd New Rush Song

The Anarchist

Red Barchetta

New World Man

YYZ- Drum Solo#2

Hemispheres (Prelude)

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

Limelight

Tom Sawyer

Headlong Flight

:haz: :rush: :haz:

No Xanadu? I'd be crushed if they didn't include it, but The Weapon would have to be the poor substitute that I would have to excruciatingly sit through.

Poor substitute for Xanadu? Maybe.

A song to excruciatingly sit through? No way!

This setlist is awesome, but I think Ged would have some trouble singing Prime Mover.

I have a very cooperative Bladdder.

blackadder-and-baldrick.jpg?w=225&h=156

"He loves, to write setlists all day

And then, he talks about R40

And how, no love for Losing It

Will always make him feel all dirty

COOPERATIVE BLADDDER!

COOPERATIVE BLADDDER!

Looking for songs to skip!

COOPERATIVE BLADDDER!

COOPERATIVE BLADDDER!

Through Tai Shan he must sit!"

• Like 2

I think there is going to be a lot disappointed trf fans. each tour the setlist post start popping up all over the place and after the first show the majority are not real pleased with it. they try and convince themselves that it was pretty good but they always want exit stage left or all the worlds a stage part two. and its not gonna happen.

No Xanadu? I'd be crushed if they didn't include it, but The Weapon would have to be the poor substitute that I would have to excruciatingly sit through.

Poor substitute for Xanadu? Maybe.

A song to excruciatingly sit through? No way!

This setlist is awesome, but I think Ged would have some trouble singing Prime Mover.

I love The Weapon. That's what happens when I don't use emoticons in my posts. They get misunderstood. My remark about having to excruciatingly sit through the song wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

• Like 1

Here's my setlist. It looks to be about the right length -- maybe the first half is a song or two short. The only part I'm not happy with is the transition from Tom Sawyer to Cut to the Chase. It doesn't flow nicely but I'm not sure how else to put Cut to the Chase in there. Everything else I find flows really nicely (I've gone over the set during my daily commute and tweaked it a few times).

Tom Sawyer

Cut to the Chase

Kid gloves

The Analog Kid

Digital Man

The Enemy Within (part I of fear)

Lock and Key

Roll the Bones

Jacob's Ladder

Vapor Trail

Spirit of Radio

--- INTERMISSION ---

Dreamline (with lasers)

Middletown Dreams

Limelight

Ghost of a Chance

Headlong Flight (drum solo)

Resist (acoustic)

Closer to the heart

Available Light

Nocturne

2112 (overture/temples/finale)

--- ENCORE ---

La Villa Strangiato (original opening + rant)

The Garden

• Like 3