You heard it here first!! Rush playing CT...........

LocalsBandGuy

Spring of 2015. I couldn't get much more out of him, other than we should be hearing tour news later in the fall. He's in the live venue industry..........and, he's teased me correctly like this before, with other bands.

And, since I'll probably be added to the TRF Crucification Queue for a blasphemous post without vetted sources, I'll give everyone my prediction for the opening night setlist. Bring the doubt!

One Little Victory

Driven

Carnies

Limelight

Prime Mover

New World Man

Emotion Detector

Cut To The Chase

BU2B

Malignant Narcissism w/ short drum solo

Tom Sawyer

2112 Overture

Head Long Flight

Distant Early Warning

Dreamline

Ghost Of A Chance

Show, Don't Tell

The Pass

Workin Them Angels

YYZ/Drum Solo (acoustic & electronic)/Red Lenses (from drum break on)

The Enenmy Within

The Weapon

Witch Hunt

Spirit Of Radio

La Villa Strangiato

• Like 3

Spring of 2015. I couldn't get much more out of him, other than we should be hearing tour news later in the fall. He's in the live venue industry..........and, he's teased me correctly like this before, with other bands.

And, since I'll probably be added to the TRF Crucification Queue for a blasphemous post without vetted sources, I'll give everyone my prediction for the opening night setlist. Bring the doubt!

One Little Victory

Driven

Carnies

Limelight

Prime Mover

New World Man

Emotion Detector

Cut To The Chase

BU2B

Tom Sawyer

2112 Overture

Head Long Flight

Distant Early Warning

Dreamline

Ghost Of A Chance

Show, Don't Tell

The Pass

Workin Them Angels

The Enenmy Within

The Weapon

Witch Hunt

Spirit Of Radio

La Villa Strangiato

That's a great set, and it's very believable!
  • Like 1

One Little Victory

Driven

Carnies

Limelight

Prime Mover

New World Man

Emotion Detector

Cut To The Chase

BU2B

Tom Sawyer

2112 Overture

Head Long Flight

Distant Early Warning

Dreamline

Ghost Of A Chance

Show, Don't Tell

The Pass

Workin Them Angels

The Enenmy Within

The Weapon

Witch Hunt

Spirit Of Radio

La Villa Strangiato

That's a great set, and it's very believable!

It's believable because it's somewhat disappointing....

Well that one song encore isn't believable.

Actually I take that back...it would be a very good setlist...except for the encore...

And this block just doesn't seem very thrilling - too much recently played stuff (aside from SDT):

Distant Early Warning

Dreamline

Ghost Of A Chance

Show, Don't Tell

The Pass

Workin Them Angels

Edited by savagegrace26
  • Like 1

I have to go with my gut as far as what Ged can sing well. I considered the possibility of substituting t4e for GOAC, and Animate for WTA, but I went with songs Geddy seems to like playing, because he & Neil have the lion's share of song picking......or rejecting.......
  • Like 1

No new music. That's after the tour..............maybe.

So if this tour ends up happening, does it seem like it's gonna be the last hurrah?

We'll get at least two new songs in the 2015 tour.

This is correct.

It's been part of the 'plan' all along.

There most likely won't be an album (unless all three get VERY energized by the writing process) but we'll see anywhere from 3-5 new songs before the tour starts (Spring/summer '15).

only thing I notice about this set is that the fear series is included, but without freeze. Yet Alex said that freeze is his favorite part in an interview. I think that if they were to play the entire run of songs, they would get freeze in too.
  • Like 4

Hmmm, it's interesting that your "venue guy" has mentioned this. Especially since NONE of the crew has heard one word about it yet. His source must be incredibly deep inside...

So if this tour ends up happening, does it seem like it's gonna be the last hurrah?

No one openly speaks about such things. I've always felt that the ultimate decision will Neil's.

Edited by FOH Lights
  • Like 2

No new music. That's after the tour..............maybe.

I've been asking that for over 20 years, and thankfully, the answer has always been "no". Edited by ILSnwdog

I do wonder what is holding up any kind of announcement. Their vacation ended in August. Time for them to get back to work. Fans are waiting anxiously and sitting on pins and needles. Some fans enjoy that (I won't name any names), the rest of us not so much.
  • Like 1

No Xanadu? I'd be crushed if they didn't include it, but The Weapon would have to be the poor substitute that I would have to excruciatingly sit through.

I forget where I read this, but Geddy said that they recently (maybe a few years ago) tried playing some Farewell to Kings stuff, and it was a painful experience for his voice... so probably, no Xanadu.

That being said, Alex said the 41th anniversary tour would include more fan favorites...... so maybe, yes Xanadu???

Here it is...

http://www.maxim.com...rstar-geddy-lee

Q: What Rush song has the highest vocal note?

A: Oh God. There are moments of Hemispheres that are pretty high. We tried to rehearse “A Farewell To Kings” on the last tour and I couldn’t successfully sing that without hurting myself, so we gave up. So yeah, there are moments of the past I cannot sing anymore. We play “2112” one semi-tone down, to keep me from burning my throat out.

Edited by antiquark

Here it is...

http://www.maxim.com...rstar-geddy-lee

Q: What Rush song has the highest vocal note?

A: Oh God. There are moments of Hemispheres that are pretty high. We tried to rehearse “A Farewell To Kings” on the last tour and I couldn’t successfully sing that without hurting myself, so we gave up. So yeah, there are moments of the past I cannot sing anymore. We play “2112” one semi-tone down, to keep me from burning my throat out.

He's talking about the song A Farewell to Kings. Ged can still sing Xanadu. Alex also said (not that he's reliable) that they would probably bring Xanadu out because Gibson is currently making an Alex Lifeson Signature double neck
  • Like 2

FOH Lights, do you know some crew members who have confirmed that they know nothing of a 2015 tour?

As to the setlist idea, it would certainly be nice to have 8 songs that haven´t been played in quite a while, but I would be quite surprised if the 70´s were only represented by the 2112 Overture. I would more than gladly welcome Show Don´t Tell back, as I´ve really missed hearing that song. And Cut to the Chase would be a real treat. I guess after featuring so many tracks from Power Windows on the CT tour, they´ll be ignoring that album this time around.

And let me say once more that I would rather have a new album than a new tour. So there!