Dear Summer

Mara

Lot of hating on summer......i'd so much rather have heat and humidity. Hate Winter so much. I know i skipped fall but who cares? You may be sayin' oh your still young you'll hate summer one day. Maybe so....but right give me heat. I just loath cold weather and snow. Why do i live up north in NY you may ask. I stay for the pizza.........FOR THE PIZZA!!!!!! lol

Mick

Stay for the bagels too. Trust me. I haven't had a decent pizza or bagel since I left 23 years ago.

Bummer,

I could make you a killer one! :D

I bet it would be! I don't understand why they can't manage a decent bagel or pizza out here. If someone from NYC wants to make a financial killing, open a pizza and bagel place out here. They'd make a fortune in no time.

• Like 1

I don't mind cold if I'm outside in it; as long as I'm properly bundled up and active it doesn't bother me. Winter weather dog walking is pretty much on me - DH hates the cold. (Dogs love it - they get extra frisky in the chill).

However, I cannot STAND being chilly indoors. Reason #1 why I have a space heater running under my desk at work in July. Office is kept way too cold for my liking (though that definitely beats too hot), and my feet & hands get cold.

I can always get warm. Cooling off in miserably high temps is much more difficult.

Edited by Mara
  • Like 4

Lot of hating on summer......i'd so much rather have heat and humidity. Hate Winter so much. I know i skipped fall but who cares? You may be sayin' oh your still young you'll hate summer one day. Maybe so....but right give me heat. I just loath cold weather and snow. Why do i live up north in NY you may ask. I stay for the pizza.........FOR THE PIZZA!!!!!! lol

Mick

Stay for the bagels too. Trust me. I haven't had a decent pizza or bagel since I left 23 years ago.

Nobody knows how to do Pizza and i've been around. And......bagels.....yes we adore em.

I love love living in NY high cost of living and all. Just sayin' it.....never ever moving, lol

Mick

I'm sorry I ever did. One of the biggest and worst mistakes I ever made in my life.

Why? :huh:

Miss the big city lights? :D

I don't mind cold if I'm outside in it; as long as I'm properly bundled up and active it doesn't bother me. Winter weather dog walking is pretty much on me - DH hates the cold. (Dogs love it - they get extra frisky in the chill).

However, I cannot STAND being chilly indoors. Reason #1 why I have a space heater running under my desk at work in July. Office is kept way too cold for my liking (though that definitely beats too hot), and my feet & hands get cold.

I can always get warm. Cooling off in miserably high temps is much more difficult.

Same here with the indoors thing.

Mick

Bummer,

I could make you a killer one! :D

I bet it would be! I don't understand why they can't manage a decent bagel or pizza out here. If someone from NYC wants to make a financial killing, open a pizza and bagel place out here. They'd make a fortune in no time.

No sh**,

It's not rocket science! :LOL:

My wife needs no space heater at home, she has me. I could be outside in winter in a t-shirt. If I'm active, I get warm. I was out putting in a new switchplate in the garage when it was 10 degrees out and I started to sweat... not dripping sweat, but you could see it on my forehead.
  • Like 1

My wife needs no space heater at home, she has me. I could be outside in winter in a t-shirt. If I'm active, I get warm. I was out putting in a new switchplate in the garage when it was 10 degrees out and I started to sweat... not dripping sweat, but you could see it on my forehead.

Ok tough guy!! :LOL: :D :haz:

Winter does my chronic depression no favors either.

Mick

It took me a few years to adjust to Alaska back in the day. But like any where you are. Just stay active one way or another. :D

Your wrist must get really sore

• Like 3

Mick

It took me a few years to adjust to Alaska back in the day. But like any where you are. Just stay active one way or another. :D

You end up with this from overexposure and start being called lefty........ :ph34r: :sigh:

http://s12.postimg.org/nnb1crswd/IMAG0059_BURST002_COVER.jpg

• Like 1

Mick

You end up with this from overexposure and start being called lefty........ :ph34r: :sigh:

I am a lefty,

A lot of hiking and cross country skiing makes life good during winter. :D-13:

Mick

You can dress for cold weather. You can only take off so many layers in the summer before they arrest you.
  • Like 1

Mick

You can dress for cold weather. You can only take off so many layers in the summer before they arrest you.

i hate wearing layers too so restricting........Arrest me if they choose the less i can wear the better, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

I am a lefty,

I'm a righty but have been forced to do many things left handed. Its not that bad though.... :D-13: :codger:

I've got the same problem. I can be working in the yard in jeans and a tee shirt on a 40 degree day, and I'll be sweating. I can't stand it when the dew point gets above 65, or the temp gets over 85. Everyone at work is bitching because it's supposed to get cool over the weekend, and I'm thinking that it's awesome.
  • Like 3

I've got the same problem. I can be working in the yard in jeans and a tee shirt on a 40 degree day, and I'll be sweating. I can't stand it when the dew point gets above 65, or the temp gets over 85. Everyone at work is bitching because it's supposed to get cool over the weekend, and I'm thinking that it's awesome.

I'm a moderate kinda guy....

I like 40-80

• Like 1

Mick

I am a lefty,

I'm a righty but have been forced to do many things left handed. Its not that bad though.... :D-13: :codger:

Old guys always adapt :codger: :D

• Like 1

Mick

I am a lefty,

Old guys always adapt :codger: :D

Necessity being the mother of invention was never more true.... :ph34r:

After a brutal winter, we had a disappointing summer. The farmer's almanac and other forecasters are predicting a brutal upcoming winter. I can't stand the darkness, the cold, or the unpredictability of winter. If I could afford it, I would move somewhere warm for the winter...

Dear Summer,

You signed a lease with us here but you are barely ever home. You come for a day here and there between June and September, but not very often, and you never stay the night. Lately you have also been coming home during January and that makes the rest of the country very jealous. Plus, it angers Mr. Rainstorm who then leaves for months on end.

So, Summer, we wish you would spend a little more time here from June to September, but after that feel free to go visit the other hemisphere.

Love,

San Francisco