Dear Summer

Mara

It's now September. There are exactly 11 days of you left. I hate you with the white hot passion of ten thousand supernovas; I begin dreading your approach in late April and spend every miserable sweat-soaked, random rain-stormed, bug infested day of you waiting for your departure.

This year you seem to be a bit reluctant to leave. Tomorrow it is supposed to be in the low 90's with scattered showers, just like last month, the month before that, and all the way back through late May! I am f***ing sick of you and your shitty humid weather. Leave. Now.

I mean it, Summer. Take your scorching temps, 1347% humidity, pop-up showers, mosquitos and giant flying roaches and cram them up your ass and bugger off.

• Like 9

Summer,

Don't listen to her! Stay!

At least a little anyway. It doesn't really get "cold" here but I prefer a little to much heat to the opposite....
  • Like 2

Summer,

Tell you what - you can HAVE summer. Move down here, though, and you'll be making the same post this time next year.

Besides - don't Minnesota summers feature swarms of mosquitoes large enough to register on air traffic control radar? The kind that eat DEET as an appetizer before exsanguinating small children and pets? Please tell me you don't want THAT to last.

• Like 3

Summer,

Tell you what - you can HAVE summer. Move down here, though, and you'll be making the same post this time next year.

Besides - don't Minnesota summers feature swarms of mosquitoes large enough to register on air traffic control radar? The kind that eat DEET as an appetizer before exsanguinating small children and pets? Please tell me you don't want THAT to last.

Good point, but even those pests are preferable to the mammoths and other polar beasts that show up for Minnesota winters.

And it's funny when they exsanguinate people I don't like!

Dear summer.......you weren't really f*ckin' summer this year on LI.

what a rip off!!!!!!!

I gotta now deal with winter and snow.......and my chair doesn't have snow tires.

Bite me.

Mick

Sounds like you need one of those "track chairs" that O'Reilly is always talking about. I think they only cost about 50 grand a piece..... :sigh: :|
  • Like 1

Dear summer,

You're like an annoying relative who I have to be around for about four solid months every year. I tolerate you. But it's okay with me that you're on your way to the Southern Hemisphere. Be on your way, now...

• Like 4

what a rip off!!!!!!!

I gotta now deal with winter and snow.......and my chair doesn't have snow tires.

Bite me.

Mick

Milwaukee had 0 days with an official high in the 90s.

• Like 3

There are many places in the country where summer is brief or sometimes non-existent and winter is mostly overcast with an occasional sprinkle. Or other places where summer appears for a few days and then it's spring or fall, and then summer might return for a few more days but it's rarely with much humidity. The winters can be harsh but usually only for a couple of days then it's back to dry, sunny weather.

It's now September. There are exactly 11 days of you left. I hate you with the white hot passion of ten thousand supernovas; I begin dreading your approach in late April and spend every miserable sweat-soaked, random rain-stormed, bug infested day of you waiting for your departure.

This year you seem to be a bit reluctant to leave. Tomorrow it is supposed to be in the low 90's with scattered showers, just like last month, the month before that, and all the way back through late May! I am f***ing sick of you and your shitty humid weather. Leave. Now.

I mean it, Summer. Take your scorching temps, 1347% humidity, pop-up showers, mosquitos and giant flying roaches and cram them up your ass and bugger off.

A woman after my own heart! When I saw the thread title, I thought to myself, "Dear me, another summer lover sad to see the rotten summer go!" :LOL:

I despise it as much as you do, and am happy to see it go. I hope it takes its time returning and, when it does, leaves the oppressive heat that it caused the last few months, behind.

• Like 2

:wtf:

Come up here in January and you will be singing a different tune. :LOL:

• Like 1

what a rip off!!!!!!!

Bite me.

Mick

Milwaukee had 0 days with an official high in the 90s.

Everybody around here says its so hot in Myrtle Beach. I have lived here almost 15 years now and have never once seen it 100 degrees. Spend a late July and August in the D.C area and its 10 times worse with heat and humidity. Now inland S.C is another matter. It can climb over 100 for sure once in a while toward Columbia etc. The weather here at the beach is just fine with me.... :sundog: Edited by Narpski
  • Like 2

Summer,

Up here,

there known as the Alaska State Bird. :LOL:

Lot of hating on summer......i'd so much rather have heat and humidity. Hate Winter so much. I know i skipped fall but who cares? You may be sayin' oh your still young you'll hate summer one day. Maybe so....but right give me heat. I just loath cold weather and snow. Why do i live up north in NY you may ask. I stay for the pizza.........FOR THE PIZZA!!!!!! lol

Mick

• Like 3

It doesn't feel like we had summer here this year either. It's been in the 60's and 70's pretty much the last three months. There's nothing wrong with that except that it doesn't feel like summer. To me summer is 80's and low 90's for extended periods of time. I hate being cold so winter is on my hate list. Only redeeming factor it has is that when it snows it brightens up the dull lifelessness of the cold, short day months.
  • Like 1

Lot of hating on summer......i'd so much rather have heat and humidity. Hate Winter so much. I know i skipped fall but who cares? You may be sayin' oh your still young you'll hate summer one day. Maybe so....but right give me heat. I just loath cold weather and snow. Why do i live up north in NY you may ask. I stay for the pizza.........FOR THE PIZZA!!!!!! lol

Mick

Stay for the bagels too. Trust me. I haven't had a decent pizza or bagel since I left 23 years ago.

• Like 2

Mick

Stay for the bagels too. Trust me. I haven't had a decent pizza or bagel since I left 23 years ago.

New York sure does love their bagels. I have a friend that used to live on Long Island and she took me out for bagels every time I would visit.

• Like 1

Mick

Bummer,

I could make you a killer one! :D

• Like 1

Dear Summer, won't you come out to play?

Dear Summer, greet the brand new day

The sun is up, the sky is blue

It's beautiful and so are you

Dear Summer, open up your eyes

Dear Summer, see the sunny skies

The wind is low the birds will sing

That you are part of everything

Dear Summer, won't you open up your eyes?

Look around round

(Round round round, round round)

Look around round round

Look around

Dear Summer, let me see you smile

Dear Summer, like a little child

The clouds will be a daisy chain

So let me see you smile again

Dear Summer, won't you let me see you smile?

Dear Summer, greet the brand new day

The sun is up, the sky is blue

It's beautiful and so are you

• Like 1

Mick

Nobody knows how to do Pizza and i've been around. And......bagels.....yes we adore em.

I love love living in NY high cost of living and all. Just sayin' it.....never ever moving, lol

Mick

• Like 2

Mick

Nobody knows how to do Pizza and i've been around. And......bagels.....yes we adore em.

I love love living in NY high cost of living and all. Just sayin' it.....never ever moving, lol

Mick

You haven't had mine. :D :pizza:

• Like 2

Mick

Mick

I'm sorry I ever did. One of the biggest and worst mistakes I ever made in my life.

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

I'm sorry I ever did. One of the biggest and worst mistakes I ever made in my life.

I'm a proud Li/New Yorker born and raised. I love it all even though i bitch about winter. , lol I just feel like a part of a special place. now you all know where my no nonsense attitude comes from, lol

Mick

• Like 1