Not many U2 fans here I think ?

toscanobarga

Achtung Baby was their last great album.

Zooropa and Pop: completely embarrassing.

All That You Can't Leave Behind, How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, No Line On The Horizon: sketchy but they had their moments.

The new album (whatever it's called) doesn't even interest me.

• Like 1

I was a HUGE U2 fan way back when. They are very likely the best live band I have ever seen. But I only like their stuff before 1987, and haven't heard anything since Rattle & Hum (which I hated).
  • Like 3

I was a HUGE U2 fan way back when. They are very likely the best live band I have ever seen. But I only like their stuff before 1987, and haven't heard anything since Rattle & Hum (which I hated).

With a few exceptions, I don't really care for their stuff after War.

• Like 1

Where have I heard that before. Hmmmm..... :cool:
  • Like 4

I like most of U2 but that last album sucked and Boner, as Beavis and Buthhead call him, can be an egotistical douche at times. I hate to go off tangent but he lost my respect for supporting Monsanto.

I have to mention this since it's quite relevant to current news, Bono and Robin look like each other at times. Anyone else notice?

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

I like most of U2 but that last album sucked and Boner, as Beavis and Buthhead call him, can be an egotistical douche at times. I hate to go off tangent but he lost my respect for supporting Monsanto.

Love that Beavis & Butt-head episode!

Where have I heard that before. Hmmmm..... :cool:

I like plenty of stuff from 1987, just not albums from a couple of bands in particular ;)

Never cared much for U2. I liked the song Discotheque, Elevation and some few others, but most of them doesn't leave an impression. It's the same dotted eight delayed guitar and "woah-oh oh-uh-oh" choruses. They seem too self important, or Boner does.
  • Like 1

Love that Beavis & Butt-head episode!

That one with Numb is hilarious as well. :LOL:

Don't think I know that episode. Must check it out :D

Best album since Pop, I'll concur.

Big U2 fan here. Haven't liked any 21st century U2 stuff yet, but I've listened to this album at least three times today and it has gotten better each time.

Great PR just giving the album away. I'm thrilled with the disc.

• Like 2

I have a couple of albums. I found The Joshua Tree overrated, Achtung Baby unlistenable, and Rattle And Hum embarrassing.

But the odd song is glorious.