Bigbobby10

Um, the bonus features:

Laura Secord Secondary School 1974

Tracklisting TBC

Capitol Theatre 1976

1) Bastille Day 2) Anthem 3) Lakeside Park 4) 2112 5) Fly By Night/In The Mood

Lock and Key 1988

Molson Amphitheatre 1997

1) Limelight 2) Half the World 3) Limbo 4) Virtuality 5) Nobody's Hero 6) Test for Echo 7) Leave That Thing Alone/Drum Solo 8) 2112 (all seven parts)

I Still Love You Man 2011

Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Induction 2013

• Like 1

"Molson Amphitheatre 1997

1) Limelight 2) Half the World 3) Limbo 4) Virtuality 5) Nobody's Hero 6) Test for Echo 7) Leave That Thing Alone/Drum Solo 8) 2112 (all seven parts)"

Is that the Different Stages show that was filmed? Why not release the entire show??? Dammit.

• Like 1

No Resist either? That was a great version. They always give us something to complain about ;)

A full Test for Echo show would've been the perfect incentive to buy this most likely expensive box set.

Edited by savagegrace26
  • Like 3

Not sure if remixed, but it comes with

Rush in Rio, R30, Snakes and Arrows, Time Machine, and Clockwork Angels.

It also comes with a 56 pages book filled with pictures of tour pictures.

The new things it comes with is:

Laura Secord Secondary School 1974

Tracklisting TBC

Capitol Theatre 1976

Lock and Key 1988

Molson Amphitheatre 1997

1) Limelight 2) Half the World 3) Limbo 4) Virtuality 5) Nobody's Hero 6) Test for Echo 7) Leave That Thing Alone/Drum Solo 8) 2112 (all seven parts)

I Still Love You Man 2011

Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Induction 2013

Thats atleast what it says on the post. Like I said, Rush hasn't officially announced it yet.

I hope we can but the bonus content separately...I am sure most of us already have the DVD's.

I am super excited for Molson Amp show. I was there and remember it being one of the best nights of my life.

I am disappointed as to it not being a full show - a little weird.

• Like 1

I only own Rush In Rio. I never felt very motivated to buy any of the other recent shows.

You should get at least R30 and Snakes & Arrows. Those are the best ones of the last 25 years IMO.

• Like 2

I only own Rush In Rio. I never felt very motivated to buy any of the other recent shows.

You should get at least R30 and Snakes & Arrows. Those are the best ones of the last 25 years IMO.

I've seen all of them just don't own them. I've only watched Rio two or three times in the 10+ years I've owned it. I rarely sit down and watch a full concert.

Edited by savagegrace26
  • Like 1

The idea of a blu-ray release for Rush in Rio is also very enticing.

My understanding is that there were always audio problems with the Test for Echo shows they filmed that prevented a DVD from ever being released. This is probably everything they could salvage.

I thought about that. I hope not.

I'm really curious about what Rio will look like on this release. The DVD is 4:3, and if they're putting it out on blu-ray, that means they're restoring it in HD. Did they film it in 16:9 and just not release that version because HDTVs weren't standard yet at the time, or are they going to still have it be full-screen on the blu-ray, or will it be zoomed in to 16:9 from the existing 4:3 with the top and bottom of the frames cut off? Hopefully not that.

RIR on Blu-ray is indeed interesting seeing as it was filmed with a combination of HD cameras and standard def (SD) cams -- all the remote cams around Neil's kit and Geddy's keyboards were SD. Because of those SD cams, the DVD was presented in a letterboxed 4x3 format as opposed to 16x9 widescreen. If they're turning this show into a Blu-ray, they're either zooming in on those lo-res remote shots to fill an HD screen, which will look like crap, or they're re-editing the whole show to eliminate those cams altogether -- and that would be very do-able since there were plenty of HD cameras covering the show. Let's hope they choose the latter.

EDIT: thizzellewashington, we posted at pretty much the same time. Nice!

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1
  • Like 3

My understanding is that there were always audio problems with the Test for Echo shows they filmed that prevented a DVD from ever being released. This is probably everything they could salvage.

RIR on Blu-ray is indeed interesting seeing as it was filmed with a combination of HD cameras and standard def (SD) cams -- all the remote cams around Neil's kit and Geddy's keyboards were SD. Because of those SD cams, the DVD was presented in a letterboxed 4x3 format as opposed to 16x9 widescreen. If they're turning this show into a Blu-ray, they're either zooming in on those lo-res remote shots to fill an HD screen, which will look like crap, or they're re-editing the whole show to eliminate those cams altogether -- and that would be very do-able since there were plenty of HD cameras covering the show. Let's hope they choose the latter.

Interesting. I didn't know that about the combination of cameras. I haven't watched Rio in years so I don't have any particular attachment to the camera shots they used. If they re-edited it so it was all in HD and used some different camera angles, I would not complain.

Interesting. I didn't know that about the combination of cameras. I haven't watched Rio in years so I don't have any particular attachment to the camera shots they used. If they re-edited it so it was all in HD and used some different camera angles, I would not complain.

Most likely it will be presented in original 4x3 aspect ratio with letterboxing on the sides. Can't imagine a re-edit.

Edited by savagegrace26

Capitol Theatre 1976

Lock and Key 1988

Molson Amphitheatre 1997

These are bootlegs.

I wouldn't mind either. RIR was edited like crap anyway -- way too many fast cuts. Fast cuts can be effective if done right and used sparingly -- neither was observed on RIR. For instance, the cuts on the fast ascending run in "YYZ" were inexcusably bad. On the other hand, "One Little Victory" looks like it was edited by a different person, and it looks pretty good -- shots are allowed to stay on the screen and you're never disoriented.

I really hope this is official. I would love to have all of those bonus features! Especially Capitol theater and Lock and Key

Most likely it will be presented in original 4x3 aspect ratio with letterboxing on the sides. Can't imagine a re-edit.

Then it makes no sense to issue it as a Blu-ray. If they do as you suggest, you'll have letterboxing on the top and bottom AND pillarboxing on the sides -- or, windowboxing. No way they release a Blu-ray like that. Unless you're suggesting they crop the sides off the 16x9 HD shots to fill a 4x3 box? I can't see them doing that either.

Capitol Theatre 1976

Lock and Key 1988

Molson Amphitheatre 1997

These are bootlegs.

Bootlegs? I don't think so...

If there is a bulk of 16x9 footage either it will be presented in 16x9 with the SD scaled in letterboxed at 4x3 or the entire show will be presented in 4x3. The show is a piece of history as presented and the cost of a full re-edit would be very high. I will be very surprised if they went through with that kind of effort for this release.

Capitol Theatre 1976

Lock and Key 1988

Molson Amphitheatre 1997

These are bootlegs.

Bootlegs? I don't think so...

I have them on my stick in audio.

Then it makes no sense to issue it as a Blu-ray. If they do as you suggest, you'll have letterboxing on the top and bottom AND pillarboxing on the sides -- or, windowboxing. No way they release a Blu-ray like that. Unless you're suggesting they crop the sides off the 16x9 HD shots to fill a 4x3 box? I can't see them doing that either.

Only on the sides if the majority of the original footage is actually HD (and preserve the originally released 4x3 aspect ratio) unless they do the alternative like I stated and have the HD footage full 16x9 and keep the SD shots 4x3 . Regardless, most releases try to preserve the original aspect ratio whenever possible (think old tv series that were shot 4x3).

Edited by savagegrace26