SYMPHONY X To Begin Recording New Album This Week

treeduck

SYMPHONY X To Begin Recording New Album This Week

http://assets.blabbermouth.net/media/symphonyx2012band_638.jpg

American progressive metal veterans SYMPHONY X will enter the studio this week to begin recording the follow-up to 2011's "Iconoclast" for an early 2015 release. "We're gonna start the drums on Tuesday [september 9], and with all the recording and then the promotion, we hope to have a new album out for the spring," SYMPHONY X bassist Michael LePond told United Rock Nations last week (hear audio below). He continued: "The songs are ready to go. We have ten songs. We may record nine or ten; we'll see how it goes."

Regarding the musical direction of the new SYMPHONY X material, LePond said: "Stylistically, it's not as heavy as 'Iconoclast' was. If I had to compare, I would say that it's a combination of [2002's] 'The Odyssey' and [2007's] 'Paradise Lost' — something in there. It has a lot of classic SYMPHONY X elements in it, which I think a lot of our fans were missing for a few years. So I think our fans will really like this one. It really just focuses on solid songwriting."

Asked if SYMPHONY X has come up with a title for the new album yet, LePond said: "We don't have the name of the album yet. Right now we have all the music and we have all the lyrics written down, but we still need to put the lyrics to the songs."

On the topic of the time table for the completion of the new SYMPHONY X album, LePond said: "I think we would like to have the album recorded by the end of the year, finished. And then we give it to the record company and then they need three months to promote [it]. So that's the plan right now."

SYMPHONY X's ninth studio album, "Iconoclast", sold more than 7,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 76 on The Billboard 200 chart.

The band's previous CD, "Paradise Lost", opened with around 6,500 copies back in July 2007.

"Iconoclast" was released in June 2011 via Nuclear Blast Records.

UDR/Warner has set a September 26 release date for the first-ever solo album from LePond.

"Mike LePond's Silent Assassins" is described in a press release as "a fantastic heavy, power metal album that combines all influences of Mike LePond's favorite bands from the past and present. This album is packed with kick-ass vocals, scorching riffs and epic styling; there's something in there for any style of metalhead!"

"Mike LePond's Silent Assassins" features guest performances by guitarist "Metal" Mike Chlasciak (HALFORD, TESTAMENT), lead guitarist and drum producer Michael Romeo (SYMPHONY X), vocalist Alan Tecchio (HADES, WATCHTOWER), and, of course, mainman Mike LePond on bass and rhythm guitar.

American progressive metal veterans SYMPHONY X will enter the studio this week to begin recording the follow-up to 2011's "Iconoclast" for an early 2015 release. "We're gonna start the drums on Tuesday [september 9], and with all the recording and then the promotion, we hope to have a new album out for the spring," SYMPHONY X bassist Michael LePond told United Rock Nations last week (hear audio below). He continued: "The songs are ready to go. We have ten songs. We may record nine or ten; we'll see how it goes."

Regarding the musical direction of the new SYMPHONY X material, LePond said: "Stylistically, it's not as heavy as 'Iconoclast' was. If I had to compare, I would say that it's a combination of [2002's] 'The Odyssey' and [2007's] 'Paradise Lost' — something in there. It has a lot of classic SYMPHONY X elements in it, which I think a lot of our fans were missing for a few years. So I think our fans will really like this one. It really just focuses on solid songwriting."

Asked if SYMPHONY X has come up with a title for the new album yet, LePond said: "We don't have the name of the album yet. Right now we have all the music and we have all the lyrics written down, but we still need to put the lyrics to the songs."

On the topic of the time table for the completion of the new SYMPHONY X album, LePond said: "I think we would like to have the album recorded by the end of the year, finished. And then we give it to the record company and then they need three months to promote [it]. So that's the plan right now."

SYMPHONY X's ninth studio album, "Iconoclast", sold more than 7,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 76 on The Billboard 200 chart.

The band's previous CD, "Paradise Lost", opened with around 6,500 copies back in July 2007.

"Iconoclast" was released in June 2011 via Nuclear Blast Records.

UDR/Warner has set a September 26 release date for the first-ever solo album from LePond.

"Mike LePond's Silent Assassins" is described in a press release as "a fantastic heavy, power metal album that combines all influences of Mike LePond's favorite bands from the past and present. This album is packed with kick-ass vocals, scorching riffs and epic styling; there's something in there for any style of metalhead!"

"Mike LePond's Silent Assassins" features guest performances by guitarist "Metal" Mike Chlasciak (HALFORD, TESTAMENT), lead guitarist and drum producer Michael Romeo (SYMPHONY X), vocalist Alan Tecchio (HADES, WATCHTOWER), and, of course, mainman Mike LePond on bass and rhythm guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flHNjHMGMng

• Like 1

I've been listening to this band's stuff constantly of late, and I can't wait to have another album from them. They've been delivering amazing material right from the beginning, and I don't expect that to change now.

Aye!

:haz:

So, while waiting for the new album and listening to whatever Symphony X stuff I've been able to find, I came across this demo of A Winter's Dream Part II. Rod Tyler, the singer on their debut album, did the vocals for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbaLwjPnlmA

For the sake of comparison, here's the version that ended up on the Damnation Game album, with Russell Allen doing the vocals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJhu24DuVWg

I'm one of the few people who think Tyler did a really good job on the first album, but I think this comparison goes to show not only how much better Allen is but also how much more suitable he was for the direction the band was heading in.

• Like 1

SYMPHONY X 'Almost Done' Recording New Album

In true "no update until there's something to say" form, New Jersey's progressive metal masters SYMPHONY X have been quiet as of late. Don't let the silence fool you, though; they've been busy. So busy, in fact, that the new CD is almost done!

Recording of the drums, lead vocals, rhythm guitar, and bass — a.k.a. the bulk of the as-yet-untitled new album — is complete. In the next few weeks, the keyboards, guitar solos, background vocals, and some miscellaneous odds and ends will be done, with the goal to have everything recorded by the end of the month.

Comments SYMPHONY X guitarist and songwriter Michael Romeo: "The plan was to have everything tracked by Christmas, and we're pretty much on schedule. Things are moving at a good pace, and the songs are starting to come to life. More on that down the road a bit."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/symphony-x-almost-done-recording-new-album/#JXHGWHUQVrFsjEju.99

• Like 1

10 April 2015 – Symphony X is happy to report that the mixing and mastering of our new cd is complete! The process was handled by Jens Bogren, who also did our last two cds, and who did an amazing job as always.

As for the artwork, we turned once again to Warren Flanagan. Warren has worked on our last two cds as well, and can also be relied upon for amazing work.

We will be wrapping up the booklet layout and finalizing things over the next couple of weeks. The band is really excited about this one, and we anxiously look forward to getting it out there to everyone.

http://www.symphonyx.com/site/news/we-have-cd-news-and-fan-club-news/

• Like 3

excited for their tour with overkill later this year. kind of a mismatching though, I could see super macho aggro overkill fans starting fights with all the wizards and fairies who are there for symphony x

luckily I love both groups

Edited by bathory

Here's some of the album details, no release date yet though:

Symphony X's latest has been named "Seven Against Thebes" song titles as followed:

1. City Dionysia.

2. Blinded

3. Acts of Valor

4. Adrastos the Inescapable

5. The Plague God

6. Seven Gates

7. The Defenders of Thebes

8. Laius, Oedipus and The Sphinx

9. The Triple Roads at Potniae

10. Epilogue: The Bronze Mirrorback

• Like 1

Symphony X's latest has been named "Seven Against Thebes" song titles as followed:

1. City Dionysia.

2. Blinded

3. Acts of Valor

5. The Plague God

6. Seven Gates

From just the song titles that sounds great.

1. City Dionysia.

2. Blinded

3. Acts of Valor

5. The Plague God

6. Seven Gates

From just the song titles that sounds great.

Aye! :haz:

• Like 1

It doesn´t get more prog metal than these song titles...

I don´t love Symphony X...some of their songs don´t do much for me. But Russel and Romeo are awesome, and when they get it right, they hit my prog metal nerve right on the head. Smoke and Mirrors and The Accolade are my favorite songs.

• Like 1

1. City Dionysia.

2. Blinded

3. Acts of Valor

5. The Plague God

6. Seven Gates

Now it's time to admit I fibbed! ha ha ha haaaaa gotcha!!! All of you guys!! Now who's the master of the fake album eh???? ME!! :joker:

SYMPHONY X To Release 'Underworld' Album In July

http://www.symphonyx.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Underworldcover.jpg

New Jersey’s progressive metal masters SYMPHONY X are set to release their brand new, ninth studio album called Underworld on July 24th via Nuclear Blast Records.

SYMPHONY X have triumphed, creating a panoramic “album rock” experience in an era cursed with diminishing attention spans. “This new one is about the song, really crafting each one on its own, to be as strong as it could be” says Michael Romeo, chief writer in the band, and proprietor of The Dungeon, the tricked-out studio in which the album was crafted, newly equipped with the latest in technology required to execute the band’s famous symphonic and orchestrated touches.

“Musically, Underworld has things reminiscent of the bands previous albums but this one definitely has its own individuality,” stated Michael. “Every element added was in service of the song, so the album flows and becomes a total listening experience from start to finish. Every song is to-the-point and fine-tuned, with us paying a lot of attention to the hooks, voices, riffs, and keeping the interest and the energy high for the entire record. It is heavy and aggressive as f**k when it needs to be, yet soaring and emotional at other times. I think the balance is just right. It had to have all the elements of what we normally would do, just tweaked up a notch and really fine-tuned. You know, industry people have talked about how we’ll never see a complete album again, and that idea. I wanted to defend the reputation of the album, and really try to make Underworld worth listening to as a whole record. It’s what I love about great individual songs, but still an album experience. I don’t want to sound like I’m preaching, but it was a point we wanted to make. It was about the progression of the whole record. It speeds up here and then it dips down here. It all makes sense together, it all works together and it all flows together.”

Although Underworld is not a concept album, Michael stated “like the last couple of records, there’s a theme that carries through, without it being storytelling. We try to find something to key in on and get the juices flowing, and here the goal was to find something a little dark but with emotional content. I started looking at Dante, and Orpheus in the underworld, where he’s going to go to Hades or hell to save this girl. So there’s the theme of going to hell and back for something or someone you care about.” Heavily inspired by the Italian poet Dante Alighieri, Underworld draws on the themes from Divine Comedy most notably the part on Inferno. As homage to Dante’s use of the number 3 and its multiples, the band utilizes this motif in its music either in a lyrical or melodic context. The first song on the album is a three syllable, three note melodic phrase, and in the verses there are three references to three songs on the bands third album, The Divine Wings Of Tragedy. “There’s cool shit like this all over the record,” Romeo reports.

For Underworld’s cover art, SYMPHONY X went with their established illustrator Warren Flanagan (Watchmen, The Incredible Hulk, 2012), who similarly tapped into the “secret knowledge” vibe Michael and band embedded in the record. “Warren went with the masks, similar to the first record,” explains Romeo. “But when I discussed with him Dante and the underworld, he did his own research and designed a little symbol for each of the nine circles of hell. So there are these little geometric symbols that mean something. That’s just what he does. He gets in there and finds these things that maybe no one really besides us knows what it means and yet it has meaning.”

Below is the track List for Underworld:

01. Overture

02. Nevermore

03. Underworld

04. Without You

05. Kiss Of Fire

06. Charon

07. Hell And Back

08. In My Darkest Hour

09. Run With The Devil

10. Swansong

11. Legend

I literally just put Symphony X The Odyssey on and found this!! Perfect timing! :clap:

Oh great. :eyeroll:

You've not read it properly!

You mean the part about faking everyone out? Yes I did.