For Tom Brady...

laughedatbytime

Of course you're going to suck when you're O-Line is patchwork and your heart & soul were traded to Tampa. :(

Oh, for Christ's sake, LABT. How many times must we cover this? Yes, Brady was not great on Sunday. He missed a wide open Julian Edelman when they were down by 3 in the fourth on a play that was eerily similar to his bad pass to Welker in the second Super Bowl against the Giants. But the blame rests primarily with Josh McDaniels. This is getting to be an old story. The Patriots allow themselves to fall in love with the idea of Tom Brady carrying the offense. But he's more Troy Aikman than Peyton Manning, by which I mean he's best running an efficient, balanced offense, not one that slings the ball 60 times a game. The teams that won three Super Bowls didn't throw the ball 60 times a game. The Patriots aren't going to win a fourth if they keep doing it either. The O line didn't play well Sunday. But 7 step drops and 20 yard patterns aren't the way to mitigate that. Bubble screens? Using the three tail backs you're carrying?

What number is next in this sequence...10 27 ?

http://espngrantland.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/tom-brady-original-stetson-ad2.jpg?w=700&h=910

Oh, for Christ's sake, LABT. How many times must we cover this? Yes, Brady was not great on Sunday. He missed a wide open Julian Edelman when they were down by 3 in the fourth on a play that was eerily similar to his bad pass to Welker in the second Super Bowl against the Giants. But the blame rests primarily with Josh McDaniels. This is getting to be an old story. The Patriots allow themselves to fall in love with the idea of Tom Brady carrying the offense. But he's more Troy Aikman than Peyton Manning, by which I mean he's best running an efficient, balanced offense, not one that slings the ball 60 times a game. The teams that won three Super Bowls didn't throw the ball 60 times a game. The Patriots aren't going to win a fourth if they keep doing it either. The O line didn't play well Sunday. But 7 step drops and 20 yard patterns aren't the way to mitigate that. Bubble screens? Using the three tail backs you're carrying?

I actually agree with you for the most part. You can't run plays with longer throws with a QB no longer capable of making those plays. Would it be too obvious to put Garoffalo in the game when the play calls for a 20 yd plus throw?

I actually agree with you for the most part. You can't run plays with longer throws with a QB no longer capable of making those plays. Would it be too obvious to put Garoffalo in the game when the play calls for a 20 yd plus throw?

He was never great at throwing the deep ball. Randy Moss hid that fact for a stretch. Joe Montana wasn't great at throwing 30 yard bombs either. McDaniel and Brady need to be realistic, and draw up game plans for the personnel they have now.

Right on cue, on WEEI's post game show, there were calls for Garoppolo.

• Like 1

He was never great at throwing the deep ball. Randy Moss hid that fact for a stretch. Joe Montana wasn't great at throwing 30 yard bombs either. McDaniel and Brady need to be realistic, and draw up game plans for the personnel they have now.

Right on cue, on WEEI's post game show, there were calls for Garoppolo.

Sports talk radio...home of the idiot.

• Like 1

So I see now that Tom Brady's wife is doing commercials for Under Armour while her husband is doing them for Uggs.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.