Who made you feel "at home" on TRF when you first joined?

Lorraine

I miss TBR. His anniversary came up last week with no fan fair. Its amazing how quickly you become yesterdays news when you aren't around for a while. I guess all of our fates are sealed at some point. I miss Bluefunk and Gangsterfurious too.....

Sorry about that. On with the festivities..... :madra: :)

• Like 2

I miss TBR. His anniversary came up last week with no fan fair. Its amazing how quickly you become yesterdays news when you aren't around for a while. I guess all of our fates are sealed at some point. I miss Bluefunk and Gangsterfurious too.....

Sorry about that. On with the festivities..... :madra: :)

Here today, gone tomorrow; out with the old, in with the new. Many here get their fifteen minutes of TRF fame. After that..... :unsure:

• Like 1

This is a tough one for me. I'm gonna say Geddysmullet and Cyclonus X-1 because I spent alot of time in chat at the beginning of my time here. They were nice to me and showed me some ropes as I was completely new to this. There were alot of folks in there that were nice to me till I started acting like an @sshole. I would say Bluefunk was the first I really remember making feel special in any way out on the big board. I could be wrong. There are probably many but it all seems like such a blur at this point....
  • Like 2

Honorable mention goes to TM for quizzing me in chat early on to attempt to see if I was for real or not and a "real" Rush fan. That's what it seemed like anyway and he probably doesn't even remember doing it..... :)
  • Like 1

Honorable mention goes to TM for quizzing me in chat early on to attempt to see if I was for real or not and a "real" Rush fan. That's what it seemed like anyway and he probably doesn't even remember doing it..... :)

Who's TM? And being quizzed to find out if you were a troll or a true Rush fan made you feel at home? :blink:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

There also used to be a guy here named RushAreAwesome who was nice to me in chat. I am not sure what ever became of him though..... :LOL:
  • Like 2

Like Narpski, I spent quite a lot of time in the chat room when I first joined, still do, and I recall GeddysMullet and The Notorious BSG being the first to warmly greet me here. Narpski, Cyclonus X-1 and Zumbi amongst others were also very kind to me in my early days here. So a big thank you to you guys for making me feel so welcome! :)
  • Like 3

Who's TM? And being quizzed to find out if you were a troll or a true Rush fan made you feel at home? :blink:

Tombstone Mountain. It was all good because I know what I'm about. I was called a half troll (at least) by him and a few others for at least my first few months here. I guess they finally realized I was just being honest after a few thousand posts :LOL: and dropped all that sh*t..... :)

Are you finished yet, Narps?

I guess if you want me to be?....

Sorry... :blush: :outtahere:

Edited by Narpski
  • Like 1

Well, you kept going on and on. Listen, have you ever been in that spam thread? What sane person would do that all day???? :unsure:

:huh: Nope. Have no interest. My sanity is tested enough around here and I have managed to avoid that area. What is the purpose?....
  • Like 1

Well, you kept going on and on. Listen, have you ever been in that spam thread? What sane person would do that all day???? :unsure:

:huh: Nope. Have no interest. My sanity is tested enough around here and I have managed to avoid that area. What is the purpose?....

Aside from getting your post count through the ceiling in record breaking time, I have no idea. You'd have to ask one of the participants.

Aside from getting your post count through the ceiling in record breaking time, I have no idea. You'd have to ask one of the participants.

Narp managed it the old fashioned way. He earned it. No spam for him.

• Like 1

Narp managed it the old fashioned way. He earned it. No spam for him.

Yep...... :LOL: Just substitute "money" for "posts"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAMRXqQXemU

Edited by Narpski
  • Like 2

I don't know. I still don't feel at home here.

Really? Wonder why if you don't mind? If you mind going into it that's cool too. I would add that I still feel "some" anxiety when I post. The fear of being misunderstood still being the culprit mostly..... :huh: Edited by Narpski
  • Like 1

I don't know. I still don't feel at home here.

Really? Wonder why if you don't mind? If you mind going into it that's cool too. I would add that I still feel "some" anxiety when I post. The fear of being misunderstood still being the culprit mostly..... :huh:

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure the first thread I ever started was asking for everyone's opinion on Snakes and Arrows, an album which a lot of this board seems to really dislike :LOL:

To answer your question, nobody really. Apart from a few people I've come across on here everyone's pretty pleasant. I've probably pissed plenty of people off though with my vocal dislike of the debut, Presto, and RTB :LOL:

I don't feel at home on TRF. It's an internet forum to me, and not really much more than that. Nothing personal to anybody.

Edited by BowlCity

I'm pretty sure the first thread I ever started was asking for everyone's opinion on Snakes and Arrows, an album which a lot of this board seems to really dislike :LOL:

To answer your question, nobody really. Apart from a few people I've come across on here everyone's pretty pleasant. I've probably pissed plenty of people off though with my vocal dislike of the debut, Presto, and RTB :LOL:

:scared: Oh, dear! Snakes & Arrows you say? You are a very brave young man.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

:scared: Oh, dear! Snakes & Arrows you say?

I probably turned even more people off when I said I liked the album :D

(I still like Snakes And Arrows)

• Like 1

:scared: Oh, dear! Snakes & Arrows you say?

I probably turned even more people off when I said I liked the album :D

(I still like Snakes And Arrows)

To each his own! One man's Snakes & Arrows is another man's Vapor Trails!!